Gone

Gone

A Chapter by Skie blue.
"

Sarah swallowed. Doing one quick look over herself and the room one last time. A tall elegant woman entered her room. "Mother." The woman smiled coldly. Full of false affection.

"
Gone

Jack was gone the next morning. Sarah woke up from the shallow sunlight streaming through the cold window pane. Her eyebrows drew together from the invading light. She breathed in deeply, her body was sore. With a frown on her face, she lifted up her body on small arms. Her neck popped uncomfortably. 
Almost in a haze the memories came back from the night before. Her blurred eyes focused when she peered through the window. The red and golden rays spoke of morning. Her family would be up soon. A single person entered her mind, waking her up entirely. Jack.
Her innocent gray eyes opened wide, her head whipped to the side, creating another painful pop. She held back her whimper and rubbed her neck painfully. She heard shuffling through the door. Quietly she pulled in a gasp. Looking around wildly for her newest friend.
"Jack?" She whispered quickly. There was no response. She looked around the rest of the room. Nothing appeared out of order... her eyes grew wider and she took in a sharp breath. Annoyance filled her small body. She narrowed her eyes in irritation. Her usual tidy and clean wardrobe was almost literally torn apart. Clothes littered the ground around it, all of her clothes and her school uniforms were unfolded. Some of her shirts and pants were missing. 
She smiled lightly. At least he took some. Quickly she stuffed the clothes back into the wardrobe. Closing each drawer quickly, promising herself she would fold them after school. She bit her lower lip. Looking over her shoulder quickly. A sense of dread filled her when the footsteps stopped. A quiet click, then the door noiselessly opened. "Sarah?" 
Sarah swallowed. Doing one quick look over herself and the room one last time. A tall elegant woman entered her room. "Mother." The woman smiled coldly. Full of false affection. Her features were beautiful. Long slightly curled golden hair framed her face perfectly. She stood in front of her daughter, pulling on her nightgown. "Did you sleep well?"
Sarah grimaced slightly, keeping her gaze steady on her mothers face. A small prick of an unknown emotion filled her heart like a heavy slime. The bile rose in her throat. Her eyes narrowed. But she managed a smile. It was disappointment. Quietly her heart lifted, at the thought of the night before.
The excitement from the night before. The energy, the happiness, even the terror. She missed it already. "I slept fine mother."
Her eyes smiled softly at the memories. Her heart grew warm, before spreading to the rest of her body. 
Quietly she held on to the promise of friendship. Vowing it to her heart, in silence. 
Her mother left her after Sarah was dressed and her hair brushed. Sarah glanced to the window one last time. But her eyes grew wider at the present left on the open window sill. Her lips parted into a grin. Quietly walking to the window to pick up the soft fabric. Alice.
It smiled at her, happy to return to the right hands. She looked out the window, the cold air brushed across her features. She clutched the doll close to her chest. "Thank you Jack." She whispered on the wind. "Thank you.' 


© 2014 Skie blue.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on December 13, 2014
Last Updated on December 13, 2014
Tags: blood moon, Monsters, fantasy, society, dramatic, large moon, child, freedom, captivity, realization, She-hero, Howl at the moon


Author

Skie blue.
Skie blue.

About
Hello everybody. Listen, I've gone through a pretty bad place over the last couple of weeks. I'm not going through detail but it's slowly getting better. So, I really am going to try to get on more fr.. more..

Writing