Butterflies

Butterflies

A Poem by Skittykatt

Surprised you would be to see a soul scarred by lies. Forever I'm plagued by these dead butterflies. Their colors ran dry just the same as my heart, trapped in despair wouldn't even be the start. You say that they're pretty just to step on them later; knight in steel armor, yet the most secretive traitor. Instead of a tickle their wings feel like knives, producing the hate that seeps out of my eyes. Black and gray, I'm bruised and I'm bitter, not much to expect from a one hit and quitter. The tears won't come out so I'm drowning inside; I'm screaming for help yet you just run and hide. I laid in the dirt just to pour my heart out; I gave it to you without having a doubt. I'd hoped and I'd dreamed that you'd understand that all I looked for was a helping hand. I wanted to love like May flowers would bloom, instead you locked up my heart in a tomb. As if it were a damsel just waiting to be saved, it begged and it pleaded, it waved and it waved. You nearly broke the curse, just a few lies away. With tears in your eyes you had something to say. Ever so faintly I heard my heart die; you whispered to me that this was goodbye. As you turned your back I slowly began to cry, I laid down in my tomb with the cold dead butterflies.

© 2015 Skittykatt


Author's Note

Skittykatt
Rough draft, not sure how to feel about it yet..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting piece.

It has a nice rhythm and simple rhyme scheme that keeps the attention of the reader. You also had good word choice. The language used helped create the emotion clearly and held it until the end of the piece.

Nice work! I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nice flow
your draft work looks smart and enjoyable

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2015
Last Updated on April 4, 2015
Tags: moving on, betrayal, forget, sad, dead, butterflies, heartbreak, heartache, bitter, despair

Author

Skittykatt
Skittykatt

IN



About
I enjoy writing in my spare time. Usually motivated by gray skies. more..

Writing
HAHA LIAR HAHA LIAR

A Poem by Skittykatt