How's That For Sensory Stimulation?

How's That For Sensory Stimulation?

A Story by Skullkay25
"

Okay, so this was a short story I wrote for my Psychology class my senior year. I just kinda want to put things up while I'm working on my real stuff. It's corny, I know, and very Breakfast Club-ish.

"

How’s That for Sensory Stimulation?

 

STARRING:

Damien (The bad boy)

Tess (The tomboy)

Mona (The goth)

Jackson (The rich boy)

Nikki (The grunge girl next door)

Thomas (The nerd)

Jewel (The girly-girl)

Freddie (The goody-goody)

 

 

A group of eight teenagers sat in a circle under a large tree, eating their lunches and discussing what movie to see after school.


“Okay, what should we see?” Nikki asked aloud.


“We should see ‘Zombie Clowns II’.” Mona suggested, munching on her celery.


“No way!” Jewel squealed. “That’s way too scary!”


“And it’s rated R. I’m only sixteen.” Freddie chimed in.


“I also disagree.” Thomas sniffed. “Besides, you picked the movie last time. You made us all watch ‘The Boy’.”


Nikki sighed. “Yeah, you did pick last time, Mona. Whose turn is it to pick?”


“Mr. tall, dark and violent over there.” Jackson informed nodding to Damien.


“I don’t care, someone else pick.” Damien huffed.


“Dude, what’s up with you?” Tess asked with a mouth full of beef jerky.


“Its so boring, doing the same stuff all the time.” Damien shrugged.


“Well, what do you want to do?” Nikki asked.


“Probably get himself arrested.” Jackson scoffed.


Damien glared at Jackson, giving him the bird. “Well, it beats watching stupid movies with you losers.”


Freddie frowned at the delinquent. “That wasn’t very nice.”


“I never claimed to be nice.” Damien retorted.


“Look, pin cushion…” Nikki snapped, making a jab at his many facial piercings. “If we’re too boring for you, go hang with your parole officer.”


Damien sighed. “You guys are great, it’s just this town. It’s so boring, I need some excitement!”


“So, what your saying is, you are searching for sensory stimulation?” Thomas inquired.


Damien rolled his eyes. “I can’t deal with this level of nerditude. I’m out.”


Damien slung his backpack over one shoulder and tossed his garbage.


“But, Damien, its only lunch time! You’ll get in trouble if you leave!” Freddie warned.


Damien just laughed and headed toward the back parking lot to sneak off campus.


“What a sourpuss!” Jewel huffed, crossing her arms.


Nikki grinned evilly. “Don’t worry guys. I got a plan.”


“What sort of plan are you devising?” Mona lifted a brow in question.


Nikki chuckled. “If he wants excitement…”


“We’ll give him excitement.” Jackson finished with a smirk.

 

Late that night, Damien got a text from Nikki.


Nikki: Hey there Mr. tall, dark and violent. Don’t forget you’ve got detention tomorrow. Mona will be there tomorrow to suffer with you. G’night, creep.”

 

Damien smiled at the text. Nikki was very much the “mother” of the group. She was always reminding him of things and scolding him for getting into trouble. Jackson thought it was because she liked him, but Damien knew better. Nikki was just a good person... much too good for him. Damien tossed his phone on the floor beside his bed and crawled beneath the covers, falling asleep instantly.

 

The next morning, Damien arrived at the school for Saturday detention twenty minutes late. He knew the teacher would just add on the twenty minutes he missed, so he didn’t think it mattered when he showed up. The school was empty, as it should be on a Saturday, but it seemed too empty. When he reached the detention room, he was beyond confused. The door was locked and the lights were off. Where was the teacher? Where were the other kids? Where was Mona? Mona often got detention, though never for the same reasons as him, but he knew she didn’t mind. She’d just spend the whole two hours reading. However, neither she, nor anyone else was anywhere to be found. Damien peered into the darkened window one last time, but gasped when he swore he saw something move. He pressed his face against the window again and noticed a shadow moving near the teacher’s desk. Damien fished in his jean pocket for his Swiss army knife and got to work on picking the lock. Finally, the lock clicked and the door swung open.  Damien flicked the light switch, but the lights didn’t come one.


“Wonderful.” Damien muttered.


Something fell to the floor with a loud thump and Damien spun toward the noise. It had come from the teacher’s desk. Damien crept toward the desk slowly, the blade of his Swiss army knife at the ready. When he got closer, he saw that the stapler had fallen off the desk. That was what had made the sound. Damien placed one hand on the desk, and bent to look under it.


“Blaarrrgggh!” something jumped out from behind the desk and Damien screamed, dropping his knife. 


As his eyes adjusted to the dark, he saw what that something was. It looked like it might have been Nikki at one point, but now she looked like a zombie. Her short blonde hair stuck out at random angles, her skin tinted green with bleeding gashes on her face and soaking through her shirt. Her clothes were caked in mud and her eyes were solid black. It all looked much to real to believe it was some sort of joke. Damien stumbled backward, toward the door, which slammed shut to reveal a zombified Jackson behind it. He lunged forward, an arm reaching for Damien. Damien dodged, jumping left, but stupidly pressing himself against the wall. Damien shouted when something gripped his ankle, that something being an undead Tess. He swung his free foot to kick her, but something grabbed that leg too... an equally undead Jewel. Damien panicked, screaming obscenities at his once alive friends and struggling against them. The door burst open revealing a zombie Thomas and Freddie, while zombie Mona came in through a window. Damien struggled, but now, there were too many holding him down. A zombie-turned Nikki stalked toward him, anger in her dead black eyes. She grasped the collar of his T-shirt and licked her lips hungrily. Her face was inches from his neck when it suddenly stopped.


Beside him, Thomas whispered in his ear, “How’s that for sensory stimulation?”


The zombies burst into laughter, letting go of Damien. Nikki laughed, rubbing off her zombie makeup and taking out her contact lenses; her eyes were blue once again. Damien realized he’d been tricked, but didn’t feel angry at all.


“That exciting enough for you?” Nikki pressed. “Mona’s aunt is a movie makeup artist. She’s good, huh?”


Damien, rather than being angry, was strangely touched. He knew it was Nikki who’d arranged the entire thing. She’d gone to extremes to pull this off, and Damien was floored. He took a chance, and leaned toward her, planting a kiss on her zombified lips.


“What was that for?” Nikki asked, awestruck, when he pulled back.


“For you. That was the most amazing thing anyone’s ever done for me.” Damien smiled.


“Told you he liked you back, Nikki!” Jewel squealed.


“Back?” Damien asked, dumbfounded.


“Yes, you creep.” Nikki smiled. “I’ve always liked you.”


Damien grinned, elated.


“So, you get enough excitement?” Nikki joked.


Damien kissed her again. “You’re all the excitement I need.”

 

THE END

© 2016 Skullkay25


Author's Note

Skullkay25
Lol, just a short story from my old psych class. We had to write about "Sensory Stimulation" so, yeah. It's old, not meant to be life-changing or anything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked your description of the zombie, that was pretty cool. The conversation at the beggining was good.

The first paragraph i found that the sentences we're too long and could have been shortened. BUT then it picked up in the second half of the story. The wording flowed better and was a pleasure to read.

Such a lovely ending to a cool short story.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Skullkay25

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much!
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Not a problem. Pleasure in reading it.

Mark.




Reviews

I liked your description of the zombie, that was pretty cool. The conversation at the beggining was good.

The first paragraph i found that the sentences we're too long and could have been shortened. BUT then it picked up in the second half of the story. The wording flowed better and was a pleasure to read.

Such a lovely ending to a cool short story.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Skullkay25

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much!
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Not a problem. Pleasure in reading it.

Mark.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
-
It is a wonderful story. I was engaged the entire time and it the end was so romantic. The kiss at the end had me feeling a mushy. Thanks for sharing this beautiful story with the world. Damien and Nikki forever.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2016
Last Updated on October 24, 2016

Author

Skullkay25
Skullkay25

CA



About
Just call me wahetever haha I'm a chick and I'm 18 I have a sort of alter ego, the Mr. Hyde to my Dr. Jekkyl. He's kinda like my dark side, the voice in my head. He has a real name, but if you d.. more..

Writing