Finding Wanderlust

Finding Wanderlust

A Poem by Sky B
"

Meant for spoken word. When taking a moment to analyze the real reasons behind the old-as-time urge to wander, come to be called wanderlust, these are the thoughts that came forward.

"
There is this word that everyone knows, but still it seems so mystical...
Wanderlust.
A word I feel is so strong that it can only ring true when in reference to one's soul.
A word most commonly thought of as free in spirit and fantastical in thought.
A word most commonly misunderstood.
For wanderlust is not just another word for looking for adventure.
A soul of wanderlust brings the blessing of freedom and the curse of belonging nowhere.
It is a gift and a burden, both breathtaking to live out and heavy to carry with you.
It keeps you captive by setting you free, like a drug once healing turned to an addictive poison.
Wanderlust: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.
Wanderlust: an endless and gnawing pull to always search and never truly find rest.
Wanderlust: like a rose, it has its thorns...
and like thorns, it can make you bleed.

© 2015 Sky B


Author's Note

Sky B
Still a draft, these are just my first thoughts and still a work in progress. I just decided to get them down when they came to my mind, so that I can come back to this some time again and make it into a full piece.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"A soul of wanderlust brings the blessing of freedom and the curse of belonging nowhere."
Ah, wanderlust. That word has been haunting me for sometime. so far, your piece is turning in to masterpiece, looking forward to viewing when it's completed. But over all, well written.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 1, 2015
Last Updated on February 3, 2015
Tags: wanderlust, spoken word, dreaming, lost, searching, wandering, rest

Author

Sky B
Sky B

Azusa, CA



About
Hello. I'm one of those use to write, but then college pushed it aside until recently. I'm a second/third year Studio Arts major in southern California. I've written a bit and i really like to, but i .. more..

Writing
Prologue: A Dream? Prologue: A Dream?

A Chapter by Sky B