Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

Chapter 4 in "Silent."

"

"So Paige did you get all your homework done last night?" Asked Hailey, plopping a seat next to me on the bus. When do I ever do my homework?  Of course I hadn't done my homework. I hated school. The only reason I went is because it supplied me with what I needed. "Paige, when are you gonna talk?" I dropped my head and let a curtain of black hair come between us. I couldn't handle to see the concern and sadness in her eyes. I hadn't talked to her since that night. I heard Hailey sigh beside me in defeat. Just like everyone else, even she couldn't get through to me. Do I dare speak? Part of me so badly urged me to speak. But another part of me forces me to stay quiet. So like always, I kept my mouth shut. Hailey's friend Dianna comes on board that moment and I hear Hailey breathe in excitedly. She looks over to me almost to see if it’s okay, if she leaves me. I look up at her and give her a small wink. She tightly wraps her arms around my shoulders and I wrap my arms around her back. I can smell the sweetness of lavender perfume on her skin. Tears swell up in my eyes. She releases her grip from me plops on the seat across the aisle, and dives into a conversation with Dianna. I am left alone. To once again watch from the sidelines.

                               ...........................

As usual the bus ride is long. It has to pick up 25 kids. Of course they are not all alone. Some come on in a group, while others board alone. When the bus pulls into our school parking lot almost everyone is already inside. Only a few remain, and even they are heading in. Except for one small group only I can see squished against the corner of the school. The group of people that await my arrival like a pack of wolves waiting for the alpha male to give them their meal. My group. Yet I cannot call them my friends. For we weren't the friendliest people in the universe (even to each other.) The bus made a short stop that sent books, bags (and a couple of people) sliding down the front of the bus. Everyone heard the shh sound of the bus doors slowly opening and all scrambled to get out. People reached down between seats to retrieve belongings that slid. After everyone left I slowly rose up from my seat and walked down the small isle. The second I walked out of the bus I was mobbed.

"Paige it’s about time you got here!" yelled Scottie. Scottie was one of the boys in our little group. But he wasn't the brightest crayon in the Crayola pack.

"Yeah! Where were ya girl?" chimed in Blake. Blake was the second boy in our group. He was a bit smarter than Scottie but not by much. However he was a lot cuter. Scott was a tall blond kid. His hair was all scruffy and he was a bit skinny. Although he wore baggy clothes. Blake had brown skater hair that was at least brushed! He was tall and the average weight.

"Alright guys give her some breathing space at least." Janet grabbed both boys’ shoulders and spread them apart.

Janet was one of the girls in our group. She had black hair with red highlights. (I wasn't even sure if black was her real hair color but I never asked.) She had fair skin and brown eyes. But she was tough. Not even Scottie or Blake DARED to mess with her. The only one that could ever possibly stand up to her was Alyssa. "She won't reward you boys unless you are good." said Alyssa. Alyssa's hair was also black. I knew that wasn't her natural color but it looked good on her. She was just as tough as Janet. If they were together in a fight all hell would break loose. Both boys' apologized but quickly were hounding me again.

"You better have kept your promise." said Blake

"Yeah. Cause if you-" Janet cut off Scottie before he could finish his threat.

"Oh shut up Scott! What did Alyssa JUST say? Do you not remember who runs this little group? Paige is! So shut up okay!" Janet or Alyssa always came to my rescue when the boys got out of line.

"Yet Paige can't say this for herself can she?" sneered Scottie. I snapped. Since Scottie was right next to me he didn't have time to doge my hand. I slapped the dumb smirk right off of his face. So many words, threats, were forming in my head. Yet I resisted the sudden urge to speak. I simply let Janet do the talking again.

"Scott. Me and Alyssa will PERSONALLY throw your sorry a*s out if you don't keep your fucken mouth shut!" Growled Janet. Scottie only nodded and started showing his proper respect to me. This did take a lot for even Janet to say. "But seriously Paige. Do you have it?" A wicked smile grew across my face. Of course I have it. I always keep my promises don't I? I said to them mentally. Almost as if they could read my thoughts Janet smiled. "Good. Now c’mon we gotta go to class before we get caught." We all groaned but followed each other’s footsteps into the building. Guess they were going to have to wait till later.

                              Will I always watch from the sidelines?

                               Watching as everyone else s' lives go by.

                                Taunting me with their success. For they

                                   know I could never have a life.

                                    For I will always be....alone

 



© 2011 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
Ignore spelling or grammar. No rude comments!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love how this is so easy to read!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this so much. I can't wait to read on. The suspense is killing me. Thanks for sharing. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


LOVE IT!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What's so important that she won't even show it? Still loving it!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG!!! I can't wait for more chapters to come out! This is AWESOME! I wish I knew why Paige doesn't talk! The suspense is killing me! But I"ll be patient, I know how to wait.
Scottie seems like a dick. lol He deserved that slap across the face.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

587 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 29, 2010
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER


Chapter 5 Chapter 5

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER