Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

Chapter 24 of "Silent"

"

The feeling of emptiness always seemed to find its way back to me. Especially when Travis had gym and I had Computer Tech. And let’s not forget the whole Arianna threatening me part. Plus I had to create a poster for the school dance. Oh goodie. 

Walking to Computer Tech I felt this immediate weight rest on my shoulders. I always loved just creating posters for fun but this…could I actually-?

“Paige!” called Mr. Hawkins welcoming me into the (empty) class “have you decided about staying after school?”

“Yes I can stay after school to work on the poster.”

“Excellent! You may go on your computer at once.” And with that I sat down in front of my computer opened up a new “Microsoft Excel” document and got to work. Since I was far ahead of the rest of the class of course I drew attention which was the exact opposite of what I wanted. For 55 minutes I made a basic poster. No graphics, word art, or color. All there was a funky word font.  What it looked like was something like this:

Join us for the dance of the century:

The Midnight Dance

On Wednesday

November 23, 2011

Tickets cost 6 dollars each

Plus two can goods 

(Tickets can be sold at the door)

 Starts: 6:30pm

Ends: 8:30pm

(Please if possible wear all black)

 

Before I knew it 55 minutes had gone by and Mr. Hawkins was telling us to hit control S to save our work. I quickly shut down my computer and rushed to get upstairs to music. Mrs. Peterman was one the bitchiest teachers in the whole school. Once she spent an entire class just talking about how to take care of records. She was hated by everyone (teachers included.) Thank god she this was her last year before she retired. Thankfully she was out and our sub, named Mrs. Huston, let us take out our I-PODS and listen to music for the whole period. As soon as the final bell rang throughout the school the kids burst out of the doors excited for the weekend. And I was no exception. I grabbed (almost empty) shoulder bag and ran down the two flights of stairs to the computer lab.    

It didn't take me long to finish the poster at all. I brought Mr. Hawkins over to my computer and showed him the finished project.

"Wonderful! I knew I picked the right person for the job!" he said as he beamed at the computer screen.

I smiled at his praises, glad that I finally did something right.

"You can leave now Paige; I can print out copies and have student council members post them around the school. Thanks again for the help!"

“Thank you so much Mr. Hawkins bye!” I couldn't get out there fast enough. I was happy to help and all, but the only thing that mattered to me right now was seeing Travis again. As I raced back upstairs I realized I had forgotten my planner. When I reached my locker I saw it had been completely raided. Books and papers were strewn about the floor. My mini table had been dis-assembled. My folders had been shredded to bits along with every single last paper. In all honesty it looked like a mini tornado had ripped through it and then my locker had thrown up the damage. Of course it didn’t take me more than 2 seconds to figure who did it.

“That little b***h!” Not bothering to clean the disaster up I went out the first door that led to the side of school. The November air hit me hard. Even though the sun was out it was still freezing. I fished my phone out of my bag and texted Travis.

Just finished

He responded quickly saying:

Good I’ll meet you at Starbucks okay?

Suddenly all of my anger washed away as I thought of Travis huddling inside the glowing coffee shop huddling away from the coming winter chill. My fantasy was shattered when my bag was ripped from my shoulder and my phone was smacked out of my hand as the wind was knocked out of me with a blow to my stomach. Before I could double over a hand shot out and pushed me against the brick wall.

“I warned you!” snarled Arianna. She purposely loosened her grip letting me slip to the dirt in a coughing and sputtering heap. She ordered her two puppy dogs-which one I recognized as Lisa-behind her to hold me up by my arms.

“Now you-” Arianna stumbled back as she tried to wipe the spit out of her eyes. The two w****s (I mean girls) dropped me to help her. Arianna tried to swipe my feet from under me but I simply stepped back and laughed.

“DON’T JUST STAND THERE YOU TWO MORONS GET HER!!!!” Lisa charged at me arm extended ready to punch my lights out. I grabbed her arm twisted it and flopped her on her back. By then the other girl ran off screaming her head off. By then Arianna had gotten to her feet and had finally landed a solid b***h slap on me. I staggered back a bit and as soon as I did Lisa shot to her feet and took off running. The entire left side of my face stung but it only made my anger worse. Arianna was standing with a smug look on her face. Then I did something I had been waiting to do. I punched Arianna dead square in the face. She fell back clutching her now bleeding nose. She curled up in a ball and….was that tears I saw mixing with the blood. Retrieving my shoulder bag and phone. I saw I had an unread text message from Travis.

You okay?

I smiled and replied:

Never been better J



© 2011 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
Ignore blah blah blah
and SO sorry I haven't posted in a while I've had writersblock
THANKS TO DAYDREAMER FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great fight ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


LOl loved the fight! ^^ Who knew arianna could try and act so gangster when she was jsut a prissy s**t? And ur welcome! i feel so loved! ^-^ Anyway...need anymore help,just ask and can';t wait for more!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 29, 2011
Last Updated on July 5, 2011


Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER