Chapter 25

Chapter 25

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

Chapter 25 of "Silent"

"

After the….incident with Arianna it made me even more anxious to see Travis.  But I had to head home to change my jeans because mine were covered with dirt. I texted Travis and headed home regretting the decision not to take my car that morning.  When I got home I changed into my blue skinny jeans (obviously you can see my obsession) and borrowed my sisters black Uggs. I knew she wouldn’t miss them considering she had 20 pairs.  I threw on my dark green sweater the one where the zipper stopped right in between my b***s over my black skull shirt.

“Bye mom love you!” I ran outside but stopped dead on my porch when I saw Travis leaning against a black Ducati parked behind my car.

“Want a ride?” he asked throwing me a helmet when I got closer.

“Uh, sure?”

“What you scared?” I pressed myself against him and he leaned down to kiss me but I just turned my head.  He threw his leg over the bike. I climbed on the back and placed the helmet on my head. Wrapping my arms around his waist I pressed myself against his back.

“Nervous?” he teased.

“Just shut up and drive.”  The bike roared to life. He slowly pulled out of my driveway and we took off.  Note to self: don’t mention the whole motorcycle thing to my mom. Now I’m going to admit I was scared to death on the entire ride to Startbucks. Even though it was just a 10 minute ride. By the time we parked in front of Starbucks I was about ready to just jump off and kiss the ground. But I settled for Travis instead.

“You look sexy with helmet hair.” He said wrapping his arms around my waist. My cheeks flamed as I smiled up at him.

“Let’s go inside.”

“Okay.” I said as I let him drag me inside. We picked a round table by the window and ordered two hot chocolates. For a while we talked about our interests and why he moved here with his mom.

“I’ll be right back.” he said standing up.

“Hurry back.” He winked at me and walked away from the table. I sighed dreamily and rested propped my head on my hand. That’s when I noticed Travis had left his touch phone on the table. Now I’m not a snoopy person but I just wanted to see it. So I picked it up and almost fell out of my chair when I saw his wallpaper. It was a picture of a younger Travis, but only by a year. He was smiling exceedingly into the camera then my eyes moved to her. She was smiling a perfect smile and I had to admit she was very pretty maybe a year or two older than Travis was in the photo. She had the same chocolate brown hair as him that reached down to her shoulders. She had the same eyes and skin.

My heart felt like it leaped into my throat and was chocking me.  I could tell by the love in his eyes that girl meant a lot to him.

“Paige.” I jumped at the sound of my voice and stood up. Travis’s eyes moved from the phone in my hand to me. “What are you doing?” My throat was dry like a barren desert. I cleared my throat but I couldn’t think of what to say. He reached for the phone. I immediately dropped it as if it had burned me.

He stared at it for the longest time. I was preparing myself for him to scream at me and leave. But when he looked up at me it wasn’t anger I saw it was…shame…as if he was hiding a dark secret. He took me by surprise and hugged me hard. Like a child holding onto his mom for protection. After he let me go he sat down across the table. I awkwardly sat down again and felt like he was about to tell me a bed time story. For a while he stared out at nothing and I stayed still waiting. Finally he spoke.

“That girl in the picture was my older sister. Her name was Rebecca. She was my best friend. It was my 13th birthday and my sister was planning to spend the whole day with me after I came home,” he got a pained look on his face as if it hurt him to think about this “when I came home that day I was so looking forward to spending the day with becca she always spent after school time so I wasn’t so upset when she was late. The problem was-“he paused I didn’t know if he was being dramatic or if he didn’t want to finish “-she never came home. I waited for hours sitting at the kitchen table. When my mom came home I told her that Rebecca didn’t come home. We told the cops but they said they couldn’t start looking for her until a week past. When it did they did the whole 9 yards. Missing posters news reports everything. But they never found her. After a year people stopped looking and my mom lost hope. But I never lost hope that she can still come home, until now. After that my father lost it. He started drinking and he would beat me and my mom.  He would whip me with his belt every night. Finally after he...pushed me down hardwood stairs my mom called the cops. When they were hauling him away he said to me 'its your fault Rebecca is dead! You were a mistake!!!' And I believed him."  I had never seen Travis so…broken. I immediately took his hands in mine and made him look at me.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to-”

“It’s okay I want you to know who I am.” I sighed and knew it was time.

“When I was 10 my life was destroyed,” I knew I had his attention, “my house caught fire…and my parents were still inside. I wasn’t there because I was at my friend Hailey’s house. Everything was destroyed…my parents were killed,” I felt my hands tighten as I tried to hide the tears, “Hailey’s parents decided to adopt me but ever since that night, it was as if the fire had killed me as well. I didn’t feel like living after that and I especially didn’t want to talk about it. My adopted parents tried everything to break my silence but I just wouldn’t talk,” By then the tears had spilled out of my eyes and fell onto our interlocked hands, “I just lost everything…even myself.” 

 I couldn’t take it anymore. I bolted out of there and turned at the corner of the shop. I was shaking and the tears were like two mini streams. Tiny snowflakes rested on my head. I hadn’t noticed Travis gripping my shoulders, trying to console me. But I wasn’t there. I was back to that night…..that moment…..where everything was ripped away from me by the flames of hell.



© 2011 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
Enjoy and yeah.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OOh, wonderful dramatic last sentence! i feel sorry for both of them... A bit rushed to me, but that's ok. Reading on! ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


STILL AMAZING! and poor Travis! :'( i feel bad for him. grrrrrr i want to give him a hug, Paige too. They both need hugs!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2011
Last Updated on July 3, 2011


Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER