Chapter 26

Chapter 26

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

Chapter 26 of "Silent"

"

“Paige!” called Hailey from the bottom of the stairs. I poked my head around the corner and peered down the 13 flights of stairs.

“Yeah?”

“Do you want popcorn?”

“Sure. Can I use your home phone to call my mom?”

“Yeah the cordless one is on my desk.” And with that she pulled her head back. I dialed my home number. My mom picked up on the second ring.

“Hello?”

“Hi mom I just wanted to say goodnight.”

“Okay have fun, I love you so much.” It sounded like she was saying goodbye forever

“Mom I’m coming home tomorrow remember?” I heard her sigh before she said,

“I know I’m just saying I love you.”

“I love you too, bye.” I hung up the phone and ran downstairs. An hour later my world fell apart.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Okay I give!” I said as I got knocked in the face with a pillow. But of course Hailey wacked me again for good measure. The doorbell rand as we heard Mrs. Masters say

“I’ll get it.” We could hear her talking to someone else but we couldn’t make out what they were saying. Curiosity got the best of both of us as we peered down the stairs. But still we could only hear bits and pieces of the conversation coming from the kitchen.

“She’s coming!” we retreated around the corner as Mrs. Masters appeared at the bottom of the steps.

“Girls come down here!” Oh boy. When we reached the bottom  I could see the sadness in her eyes. Walking into the kitchen we saw the cop standing in the door way.

“Honey-”

“IS DAD OKAY?!?!” asked Hailey.

“Yes I’m okay.” said Mr. Masters embracing his daughter as she ran to him. Both of Hailey’s parents sat down at the round table. I felt like an alien standing there.

“Mom, dad what’s going on?” asked Hailey. Mr. and Mrs. Masters exchanged a look before locking their eyes, on me.

“Paige, we’re so sorry.” Now I was getting scared. The cop stood up and adressed me.

“You’re Paige Michaels?”

“Yes.” He sucked in a breathe and said

“Your house caught on fire about an hour ago.” It was if my mind wouldn’t comprehend the words he just said. I hadn’t noticed my body was shaking until Mrs. Masters sat me down on her lap.

“MY PARENTS ARE THEY…?” My voice turned to sobs when I saw the look on the cops face. I could see his lips moving but all I heard was a dull buzz in my ears. When my hearing came back I realized someone was screaming. It was me.

“NO NO NO NO NO NOOO!!!” I bolted out the door and ran towards home. I only lived in the next neighborhood over. My adrenaline was pumping all I could feel was my bare feet pounding against the gravel. Then I reached what was once my home. The flames licked over my house consuming everything. I heard wood snap and fall as my house slowly collapsed. Smoke was rising far up covering the night sky above my house. Everything was being destroyed. The place where I grew up all of it was gone. And my parents were in there somewhere…dying.

“I know I’m just saying, I love you.” My mom….dad…..everything! I ran straight for the house…my house. Two arms wrapped around my waist holding me back. I screamed with everything I had. I pounded on the arms that began to walk away with me still in their grasp.

“MOM DAD NO!!!!!! LET GO OF ME!!!!” I screeched like a banshee but no matter what I was still placed in a car and was taken away from the one place I felt whole.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I sat there like a zombie as the Masters argued with a lawyer to get custody of me. But I just stared at the surface of that smooth polished table. This had been going on forever. The Masters had been trying to get custody of me for a while ever since……they died. Sit up straight baby. My body jolted as if I had been struck by lightning. Mommy?!?

“Paige? Honey are you okay?” I flinched as my new mom touched my shoulder. I nodded trying not to show my absolute fear.

“Let’s go home.” I stood up and followed my new family home. But would any place really be home ever again?



© 2011 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
Paige's past.
I changed a few things...not that it probably matters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

but there's always room for improvement! Still, it had great emotion.
^^
body was shacking -shaking
The doorbell as we heard Mrs. Masters say- the doorbell rang and we heard mrs. master say...



Posted 12 Years Ago


no it was good. :'( AWW! now i REALLY want to hug her! Grrrrrrr my sadness! *is sad*

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

357 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2011
Last Updated on July 3, 2011


Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER