Chapter 47

Chapter 47

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER
"

The Final Chapter of "Silent."

"
What is life? I mean what is the real purpose? We live, we die.  I always thought it was that simple. But of course it never is. I mean so many things could happen. You could sink. You could swim. You could fall in love. You could live…or you could die at any moment. The purpose of life? Can anyone truly answer that question? I think that’s what makes life, interesting. Finding your purpose. Do we all have a destiny? Who the hell really knows? Another thing that makes life…

Worth living.

After Travis…took care of Victor we got in the van and drove until we found a gas station. There we called 911. They responded pretty fast. We finally got Hailey to a hospital and had Travis’s head checked out. We told the cops everything about Rebecca, my parents, Victor, and Lisa. We found out that the cops had been searching for Victor Cross for over 3 years. Travis and were returned home and were greeted with warm welcomes. We also found out we were missing for 2 days.

A few days later we-and by we I mean me Travis and our parents-visited Hailey in the hospital and the doctors told us that the bullet in her shoulder had been removed and that she would be fine.

About a week later Hailey made a full recovery. When word got out about Lisa’s passing everyone was devastated. The whole school attended her funeral to celebrate her life. But after that people moved onto the next hot scoop. I guess that’s high school for ya.

“Paige,” said my mom poking her head into my room, “your father just started the fire.”

“Okay mom is Travis still here?”

“Yes he’s already outside helping dad with the fire.”

“Kay be down in a second.”

“Oh Paige,” my mom walked in holding a medium size box, “this is for you.” I took the box from her and took off the lid. There sitting in the box was a picture of me and my parents. I couldn’t have been older than 9.

“I found this in a bunch of old boxes.” said my mom.

“Thanks mom,” I said giving her a hug, “be down in a second.” My mom walked out shutting the door.  I placed the photo on my desk and couldn’t stop smiling. Looking around my room I realized how much had changed.

I raced downstairs and then outside. It was already dark out and the moon was shining high. Everyone was already sitting on logs around the fire roasting marshmallows.

“Hey sissy glad you could join us.” said Hailey smiling at me as she tried not to burn her marshmallow.

“You were never good at roasting marshmallows huh.” I said taking a seat next to Travis.

“Shut up.” She said giving me a playful shove. I stared at the fire as everyone began to talk and laugh watching it grow in size. But that’s all it was. Fire. Something to bring warm to me and the ones I loved, on a cold November night. Not a monster sent from hell. Not a murderer dressed in orange and yellow. Just a simple flame burning throughout the night.

Welcome home baby.

I looked around at everyone around me but I knew the familiar voice hadn’t come from one of them. I snuggled closer to Travis as if I needed to be close to him to survive. Surrounded by my family and the love of my life I felt, happy. For once in 10 years I felt like I was whole.

And for once…I felt like I WAS home.



© 2011 Dr.Who.LOVER


Author's Note

Dr.Who.LOVER
Wow it's finally finished. Again thank you all for bearing with me on this horrible book. A special thanks to two VERY special people Daydreamer54 and Broken Dreams for helping me numerous times on "Silent." And hopefully this won't be my last completed book

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This book was definitely not horrible. Usually I can't stand love stories but there was such a nice, deeper meaning to it. Congrats on finishing it! I thoroughly enjoyed it and the twist at the end. Awesome story. My only complaint would probably be that the killer didn't really seem to have a 'believable' motivation. But still, it all tied in well together.

Posted 11 Years Ago


*is crying* Omg i cannot believe its over................ the last chapter was amazing. I am sad that its over, but i'm happy that they all survived and that the story ended happily. This was amazing, VampireChick.... i wish i didn't have to end but, i guess all good things come to an end, huh? Well, all i can say is i rate THE WHOLE book 100 because through the whole thing, i felt like i was watching someone's life, not reading a book. And that's what's amazing about your writing skills, you make the words disappear, and you make a movie come to life.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

Dr.Who.LOVER
Dr.Who.LOVER

Pewdiepie Town, NC



About
LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :AnnaNickname :Annabel Lee, banannaEye color :dark brownHair color :blackFav color :blackFav music : screamoFav band : Black veil bridesFav movie :Four br.. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER


Rage Rage

A Poem by Dr.Who.LOVER