Howard Blanch -Informative- Advocate of Avarice

Howard Blanch -Informative- Advocate of Avarice

A Chapter by Slaynoir
"

Howard Blanch is the main protagonist of my SciFi/Fantasy story Advocate of Avarice.

"

Character Reference Sheet 1.1

Last Updated was 10/6/19

---

a.           Age: 27

b.            Name: Howard Blanch

c.             Alias/Handle: Howie, Hawser

d.            Gender: Male

e.            Religion: Not religious

f.             Birthplace:                  

g.            Date of Birth:

h.            Deathplace (if at all):

i.              Date of Death (if at all):

j.             Gender Orientation: Heterosexual

k.            Power Element Affinity: Kreturra (Life)

---

Biological Information

---

a.            Ht: 5’9

b.            Lb: 150

c.             Mother (if at all): Unknown

d.            Father (if at all): Unknown

e.            Siblings: None

f.             Children: None

g.            Marriage: None

h.            Friends: ‘Body guards’ known as Arctica, Savannah, and Tundra. 

i.              Enemies:

j.             Related to Who: N/A

 

---

Physical Traits

---

a.            Eyes: Pale Blue with light hues of yellow

b.            Skin: Pale and sickly appearing

c.             Body Type: Lean, not very strong, hair length is to his ears and has platinum blonde straight hair

d.            Scars: Middle of chest, just barely past the area of where his heart is located.

e.            Other: Howard has several artificial organs (left lung and part of his heart) with semi-artificial legs (knee down) from being nearly killed and severely brutalized when he discovered a shrine dedicated to Empyrion and Insecuelus. He sometimes uses a cane when his legs are feeling overly painful.

f.             Unusual Notes of Interest: Despite his ferocious beating from a Priestess Drak’kon (Yuu’Vonna), he is still partial to the race due to his knowledge and expertise in the field of their people’s lifestyles. Being one of the few that is truly sympathetic to this race, he is often considered a soft touch by his peers. However, no one can argue he isn’t intelligent as he is very dependable and relied on heavily for his astounding feats of causing very few to no deaths on the battle field, in skirmishes as well as other situations that could’ve exploded in full on war.

He is also well known for his open-minded speeches of embracing the Drak’kon as a race, not a beast to be slain, and has many connections to various organizations of those people. He is often treated warmly and a valuable Hue to many of the Drak’kon, as he has pushed for their rights, freedoms, humane treatment, and most importantly to the Drak’kon, their shrines to the ‘God Kings’ of their long-lost history. When news of his near-death beating was exposed, many Drak’kon were outraged that one of their own would be so ungrateful as to try and kill him outright. Alas some did disagree with his views, but even more strict, elderly Drak’kon were unsettled by this act of violence.

Thus did he become even more praised when he refused to hunt down the perpetrator as he ‘didn’t see the point in more violence’ and not wishing for revenge or harm to come to their race. Rumors of his deeds spread even further to the point where even The Collective Empire begins to look into the attempted ‘assassination’, as it began to be called, as Howard proved to have no ill will to them.

                Howard is also at the time, just before being ambushed, is exposed to a miasma that is released when he accidently destroys one of the Drak’kon Kings vials of blood. Upon contact with the air, the preserved liquid turns to a mist or fog like material and infects Howard when he doesn’t realize that his hand was cut by the broken shards of the container. As if this wasn’t enough, he also is beaten to a pulp when he leaves the shrine as said above.

                Upon his strangely quick and successful recovery, he tries to remain out of the spotlight as much as possible to try and look into what he had found. Despite the cut on his hand being the only thing he never recalls nor his exposure to the miasma, he heals but requires a lot of pain medication and physical therapy due to being physically weakened by his beating. Thus three personal bodyguards he comes to call personal friends are assigned to him by the names of Artica, Savannah, and Tundra. Each is uniquely equipped with skills that play off of the other teammate.

                It should be noted that the exposure by the blood vial (which was Empyrion’s blood) has highly mutagenic properties and was sealed away as a means to one day revive the Drak’kon Gods by decree of the Elder Drak’kon called No’smaul. When this occurred, Elder No’smaul knew this would eventually happen one day as prophesized by the Elder before him, Koon’lee, who was the last Drak’kon to have the memory of the days of the Kings, before the Hue came and stole their land. Two Hue would ironically become the reincarnates of the Drak’kon. Howard was simply the first to be chosen by the foretelling. The other is still unknown as of present.

---

Mental Traits

---

a.            Month and Year Traits:

b.            Persona (Major): Howard is a calm and outgoing individual who enjoys the company of his friends, family, and trusted allies. He doesn’t tend to be mean, but he is blunt and to the point when topics concerning his interests are brought up. He isn’t per-saying opinionated nor biased, but he finds the lop-sided politicking of the Hues to make the Drak’kon seem as vicious creatures and finds various way of leverage against the species quite barbaric. Though he is strong in his stance when he says he believes that Drak’kon deserve equal rights, seeing as the Hue were the ones who claimed their land in the first place without consent, and the correct method of some kind should be established to give their people a place to live, work, and do other such things for survival and leisure.

c.             Persona (Minor): Rather timid and shy due to his many years of work in the world of politicking and various kinds of work that involves preserving and restoring lost and current ruins or places of their ancestry, back to them, has made him very perceptive to emotion and actions. While he doesn’t claim any kind of reward for his efforts, he is content to see the native people able to have their lives go on just like a Hue would. While he could never imagine being considered a hero for he is a Hue and his ancestors also caused great harm to the Drak’kon people that he has worked to undo for decades, he has done more things for the native species than any race has done for any kind of being on Thera.

d.            Trauma: As a child he suffered vivid delusions of ‘foresight’ like visions. He would be able to tell if someone was in danger or even the acts of someone that he didn’t even know. As Hue society in this region considers this kind of ability as vulgar and inhuman, he was heavily medicated until they were considered to be turned off completely by electro-shock therapy at the urging of his foster parents. Though he doesn’t even really remember these happenstances, he became closely monitored by both the Hue government and Drak’kon Elders, as this sort of gift was unusual of Hue to have and could be used by either side as a possible weaponized form of ‘prediction’. He was removed from his foster home shortly afterwards and placed under the government’s ‘guardianship’ though he felt like he was simply being ‘owned’ than loved. Though he disagreed with everyone and didn’t like how they treated him, he became obsessed with Drak’kon culture during his time as a ward of the government until of age.

                Then there was the ambush that nearly killed him. That didn’t change his stance or ideals of the native people, despite the urging of his peers to seek revenge or some kind of retribution. It was then at this time his fate was irreversibly entwined with the Drak’kon species.

               

e.            Nature: Friendly, extroverted, kind and loving with a strong sense of justice and rights and freedom for all.

f.             Nurtured: Shy, withdrawn, and depressed that no one seemed to care how hard he was trying to get the Drak’kon’s should have already examples being freedoms, rights, and lifestyle choices.

g.            Interests: While he doesn’t consider himself a politician of any kind, many view his voicing of the Drak’kon as a powerful message that some do and do not understand or want to see happen. While the fact is he simply wants to do what’s right in his mind, many do not feel the same and so his main problems are simply being rejected for his unique takes on equality. 

h.            Dislikes: Rejection from the community he serves for both Hue and Drak’kon. While many of the two named rally behind him, he is also seen as a threat to a way of life and tradition that is taught in these particular lands. He is a public face known to many as well as his name. He doesn’t really have any way to hide himself from the media or the masses looking for either answers or his head.

i.              Fears: No one listening to him and the Drak’kon being treated like animals, slaves, and a means of sadistic pleasure, killing them in hatred and so on.

---

Power Abilities

---

a.            Power Strongest Against:

b.            Power Weakest Against:

c.             Learned Powers:

d.            Inherited Powers:

e.           Resistant Against:

---

Role in Story

---

a.            Appears in what Story: Advocate of Avarice (Only)

b.            Main or Minor Character: Main Character

c.             Relationship to other Main or Minor Characters: Howard is generally known as a public figure that has the interests of both the Hue and the Drak’kon in mind and is well versed in the Drak’kon culture as well. Though many Hue see this as a strange love for beasts, most Drak’kon find that they are lucky enough to have someone behind them that is something of a role model, even if a Hue in nature. Elders are generally strict in code and conduct of their people, but some consider the Elder No’smaul a bit of an odd ball seeing as he has actually met with the Hue politician and advocate a few different instances. Elder No’smaul is the successor of Koon’lee, a previous leader of the Drak’kon and well known by the Hue as one of the most vicious and brutal Elder that supported in doing radical actions against Hue and their settlements, generally not killing anyone but adults and cause mass hysteria instead. No one is sure of how the Elder Koon’lee died as the circumstances were never released to the public Hue. Many conspire that he was taken out by a government decision or even his successor No’smaul in favor of the Hue politician Howard Blanch’s desire to gain equal footing with both races.

d.            Important Situations Involving Character and/or Others: Howard has been experiencing discomfort ever after his multiple surgeries to keep him alive and out of hospice care. While only in his late twenties, Howard suffers a monumental amount of physical therapy and even has guards stationed to prevent anyone from furthering harm upon him. Unknown to him, he also has been undergoing several treatments that have been stalling the progression of becoming the next Drak’kon King (Empyrion) though no one knows why or how this was confirmed to happen. In the various times he was in the hospital, he was heavily medicated and sedated for increasingly difficult reasons. Of them, his organs were being replaced by that of a Drak’kon’s physiology and oddly enough, they had to slow the body from regenerating his original lung, heart, and legs, and so on.

                While the medicine and treatments he was undergoing stalls this, it hurts tremendously and takes a toll on his health as his Hue body is forcibly kept bound by the same things that were meant to help him heal. The pains he experiences are not because of the damage caused by the attack. It is caused by his body rejecting the said treatments and implants for his Hue body from changing. He is under the impression he requires these things to get better and manage his problems, not that he’s actually becoming a Drak’kon King and his body his fighting the medicines he’s being given to stall it.

                After a few years of constantly being medicated, treatments, and out of the spot-light, Howard was starting to fail in health all together. His immune system was so fragile to the point he was getting more and more sick. In truth the drugs were meant to do just this and appear to cause him an eventual death out of his body’s lack of being able to change. Yuu’Vonna had been watching this closely for the last few years as he suffered at the hands of the Hue. Being the one responsible for this tormented Hue’s condition she finally decided it was time to take him from the Hue that were essentially killing them for their own ease of mind.

                The only problem being that he has three exceptionally trained guards that work and watch him around the clock. Howard never leaves the house either as he isn’t restricted inside the house, where there he can do as he pleases, but still under surveillance. Yuu (for short) is no stranger to seemingly impossible situations. She had to take in the account of each guard as they were trained to work as a team, not alone. After watching and learning the routines of each guard, she discovers they work in seemingly random patterns. When really they’re in a code like schedule that is made to prevent their separation or to alert them if another is unresponsive.

                The house also has alarms on anything that opens to the outside should they entered from the outside the house itself. The house is like a fortress and is meant to keep out any unwanted persons of any kind, so her plot to kidnap him becomes increasingly more difficult. There is one vital flaw in the whole of the protection as doctors sometimes have to go inside but only a series of questions and checks so that they know the doctor is legitimate. In basic, she threatens to kill the doctor visiting that day to do what she did to Howard, if they didn’t cooperate. She made sure to hide her face and figured her reputation was the least of her worries.

                The assigned doctor for that check up follows through exactly as planned and manages to open a window for her to slip into to. Now the problem was getting him out quietly and before the doctor realizes she is unlikely to harm anyone as she had lied she wanted to profit from Howard’s prized collection of items etc. he had collected throughout his campaigns. She still had to have the doctor keep his lips sealed and she makes a very serious lie that she’ll disembowel his entire family if she learns of his betrayal. This terrifies the doctor and works very quickly to do as she asks. Howard is asleep at the time from his meds and creeps in after the doctor enters the room, shutting it with a powerful hex.

                Rousing him awake, Howard is annoyed with the doctor but assumes he has come to perform the daily exams and so forth. What he doesn’t expect is to see Yuu standing feet away from his bed. She gives him a small sneering smile and tells him he’s going to be okay, she’s not interested in killing him or anything of the sort. In fact, she was going to liberate him from the Hue all together. Howard protests the whole reason he’s even in the situation is because of her. She then goes on to say that the treatments he’s receiving are not in fact, to help him. The pain he’s experiencing is far from what he needs or should be having. The doctor remains silent as he helps get Howard ready to leave. She doesn’t mention the whole turning part, but she does imply they don’t have much time and the doctor was gonna be very sorry if he made even an attempt to signal their escape plans.

                Disgruntled but in no way interested in a repeat of his previous encounter with Yuu’Vonna, he asks why she’s not going to kill him. She seems to struggle for an answer to which she simply states it wasn’t his time.

                Yuu and Howard slip out the window used to get in and Yuu carries the Hue out of the estate’s property. Seeing as it would be very odd for her to be toting a Hue in her arms, she made sure to hide a wheel chair nearby. As Drak’kon are similar in appearance to humans, she is able to pass as a Hue as she wheels him into the back alleys of the inner town area. Along the way she told him to keep quiet for his best interest to which he seems both shocked and slightly irate with the fact he was at her mercy. Once far away and located outside the slums of the Drak’kon shanty towns, she wheels him to a stop and struggles to try and explain his situation in detail and in truth.

                Howard groans about his legs being in a great deal of pain and tells her he can’t walk very well due to artificial legs. Yuu asks if he hates her for what she did out of the blue. Howard takes no time in replying with a short no, only that he wishes they could’ve met in a better fashion. Still quite far away from the inner towns, she suggests he needs rest and could tell her more of his condition later. She finds a decently hidden away shack that Howard can rest in his chair for the night. The guards would undoubtedly knew of his spirited away status by now.

                As the story goes on, Howard begins to succumb to the power of the blood that courses through his veins as once Empyrion had within his. The situations that influence Howard causes him an extreme amount of discomfort as he shifts from Hue to Drak’kon King, but due to the stalled progression it is hugely hindered and takes a long time to even be overlapping that of his Hue form, in an obvious way. Some of the changes are subtle at first, then develop in seemingly random intervals. Here’s some examples.

                -Head

                                - While it takes some time to actually be apparent, Howard’s hair begins to fall out and small growths of horns begin to emerge. However this is quite far into his transcendence where his eyes have started to turn pitch black his ears pointed and his face starting to contort considerably. This also includes his teeth falling out to be replaced by new ones and losing the ability to speak.

                -Body

                                - This is one of the more painful areas of his undergoing change as his body rejects the implants meant to replace his organs from the attack. His body essentially pushes them out of his body quite forcibly causing him a lot of pain in the process. This includes his artificial lung and partially artificial heart. As his body begins to change in structure his ability to ware clothing as well as any kind of ware becomes increasingly difficult to find that fits him. His body is becoming much stronger in the meanwhile, which allows him to perform great feats of strength and athletic endurance. Though this means he knows he’s slowly but surely going to lose his entire Hue body in the process. Scales also being to emerge by breaking through his skin and in doing so, he sheds his skins in chunks as a lizard would. This is due to his body growing bigger and more accustomed to that of his gaining mass and over all body structure being rebuilt for a more powerful body.

                -Arms

                                - His arms are his first notable changing element. His shoulders broaden and he gains a more upright posture as his spine is being changed in musculature and mass. His arms seem to distort in a subtle-at-first-glance as his hands become webbed and sleek black talons replace his fingernails, paw pad like skin also replaces his normal Hue palm skins. While he retains all five fingers, they become more animal like to the point he struggles handling every day objects.

                -Legs

                                - As his legs are also artificial from the knee down, his body reacts in a curious fashion of total regrowth and redesign of them. Were as Howard has been using a cane to walk around due to the non-implanted prothesis, his legs regrow in their entirety but as digit-graded animal like hind legs. Naturally this is heavily obvious, and he finds he can’t even ware pants to hide them. This also goes along with the growth of his new tail, that he finds obnoxious and heavy.

                While he undergoes all these changes, he refuses to believe he’s experiencing any of this as real.

 



© 2021 Slaynoir


Author's Note

Slaynoir
Thank you and any suggestions etc are welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on July 5, 2021
Last Updated on July 5, 2021
Tags: howard, blanch, protagonist, oc, scifi, fantasy, advocate, avarice


Author

Slaynoir
Slaynoir

MN



About
(All publications of any kind will be also posted on RoyalRoad.com) Hey there, the name is Slaynoir. Or Ally if you prefer, whichever suits your taste. So basically I'm a 28 (29 soon!) year shut.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Chapter by Slaynoir