Blog: Hiraeth

Blog: Hiraeth

A Story by SleepiePenguin
"

Another blog post :)

"
Let's talk about the word 'Hiraeth' for a moment, which is a homesickness that you cannot return to; a longing for something you miss.
I have kept this word in a Pinterest board for many years, as I used to heavily collect words that sounded interesting to me. However, I could never imagine the meaning of this word into my reality or even into my imagination, until a few weeks ago that is. This word has been creeping up on me, entering my mind and causing extreme bouts of emotions to flood my mind and heart. 
'a homesickness for a home in which you cannot return.'
This sentence hurts more than I could have ever imagined it to, and I am sure it is such a bittersweet word, but for now it is only bitter. I have not been able to find the good with this feeling yet. I want my home back, but I gave it up for a dream that I realized too late, I wasn't ready for. 
The emptiness overfills my mind, and I feel hopeless and stuck. I feel as if I will never find another place that feels like home. I long for my home where I felt safe and secure. Where I could be myself and be by myself. Where the weight of the world on my shoulders could be left on the coat rack by the door, and I could rest easy. There are so many things I miss, but the longing to return to a place that I can no longer be; no longer live in, scares me.
Hiraeth, a word that I had no idea on what the meaning could feel like, now haunts me every single moment. I only hope that to those that read this, you are currently not living in a moment where you feel the weight of this word, and if you are, I hope you are able to find your home once more. 
With Love,
SleepiePenguin

© 2022 SleepiePenguin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am not sure why the spaces are not working, but you can see the better copies of my blog/journal entries when you add me as a friend! (unless someone knows how I can open it to the public :)

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
1 Review
Added on July 27, 2022
Last Updated on July 27, 2022
Tags: blog, writing, happy, sad, hiraeth, homesick, homesickness, creative writing

Author

SleepiePenguin
SleepiePenguin

About
I enjoy writing, and I have ever since I laid eyes on words. I write when my emotions are at a high, and even a low. It brings out sincere words that hopefully can relate to others. I hope everyone ap.. more..

Writing
Loved Loved

A Poem by SleepiePenguin