Transmigration

Transmigration

A Chapter by SleepyKnight
"

.

"

'Where is this place?' was the first thought Zheng Hongtian had when he became lucid.


Just a moment ago, he was inside his bedroom playing his new favorite game called Elden Ring on the computer. Hongtian had spent 2 hours defeating LichDragon Fortissax in a boss fight. Soon after, he got the "Duskborn Ending" and fell asleep from fatigue.


And now, Hongtian woke up and found himself standing in the middle of nowhere with his body naked. This 'middle of nowhere' was a world filled with greyish fog. It shrouded Hongtian's feet to knee. It also swirled peacefully, giving the atmosphere a tranquil vibe. The sky on the other hand, was dark. No stars or moon could be seen. It was just like a void.


Hongtian had panicked the moment he found himself bare naked. He was worried that his nude body would be exposed. But after looking at the surroundings, he relaxed a little. A fitting fog had covered his genitalia. Besides, from what he could see, there was no one in this place other than him. Hence, there was no need to be embarrassed about it.


Even though no one seemed to be in the vicinity, he did not put his guard down yet. For some reason, he did not feel safe inside this mysterious fog. The peaceful atmosphere made Hongtian nervous instead of calming him down. The fact that his mind was crystal clear did not help at all. It added up to his paranoia.


'Is this a lucid dream? How come everything feels so real?'


Perhaps because he was feeling restless, he thought of many questions inside his head. Though he quickly dismissed them and decided to take action instead of overthinking.


The most logical thing to act when you are lost is to shout for help. Likewise, Hongtian did not know where in the world he was. Therefore, he yelled, "Hello?! Is anyone there?! Help me!"


Unfortunately, only silence answered Hongtian's call. He tried calling out a few more times. However, it was still the same; nothing happened.


Hongtian sighed in dismay. That left him with the only other choice�"walk until he noticed something peculiar. He did not have any other choice. In this kind of situation, one should depend on himself instead of waiting to be saved by others. Hence, he gathered his resolve and braved the dense fog.


Of course, Hongtian shouted frequently and hoped to attract someone's attention. However, as expected, nothing happened still. He gave up yelling after being tired of it. Meanwhile, the murky grey fog swirled peacefully. When Hongtian was walking, the ones near him swayed briskly for a moment before calming down.


As he was roaming about and observing the fog, he soon noticed something. There was a white object at the corner of Hongtian's right eye. He turned his head immediately and found a white door with a golden knob in the distance.


A few seconds later, he arrived at the white door. He did not open it just yet. Hongtian circled it twice while examining it. He found out that the back of the door was the same as the front.


With nothing else to do, Hongtian twisted the golden door knob and pulled it. Funnily, the door did not budge. It was not locked, but the door needed to be pushed instead of pulled.


He realized his mistake after a few seconds and pushed the door instead of pulling it. Thankfully, it worked. Hongtian chuckled at his foolishness.


As the door opened, he saw a white light emitting from the gaps.


"Whoa�"!"


Hongtian's expression changed immediately. He became flustered. Suddenly, the door sucked Hongtian in like a vacuum cleaner. It did not give him a chance to react. The door successfully brought him inside the white light and closed shut.


After his body entered the white space behind the door, he lost consciousness.


* * *


The young adult's eyes slowly open.


His vision was a little blurry and shaky after he gained consciousness. He felt his right cheek pressing onto a satiny surface and his buttcheek sore from sitting on a stiff object. His left arm was on the surface while the other was daggling next to it. This position made him unable to breathe through his nose.


He groaned and tried to change the uncomfortable position by sitting up, but his body refused to move to his expectation. He could only move his body groggily.


As he was struggling, a throbbing pain inside the young man's head swelled. It was as if a pole had pierced through his brain. The worse part was that he felt his brain squirming like boiling water.


"Ughh..."


His body reacted instinctively this time. Using his newfound strength, the young man clutched his head with both hands and grimaced in agony. While fighting the urge to convulse, he fell off the object he was sitting on and rolled on the floor.


When the young man was touching his head, he felt a watery substance on his left temple. It bled profusely and tainted his left hand in red. When his eyes shifted to his left arm, a red tint showed up in his blurry vision. That was when he realized that his left temple was bleeding.


After a few minutes of groaning in pain, the severe headache resided. To the young man, it felt like hours of torture. He blinked his eyes several times in hopes of changing his blurry vison.


'I thought I was dying, but it did not seem to be the case.'


The young man thought to himself as his vision became clear. To his relief, he was able to get more control of his body too. He then focused on finding an object that could help him get up.


The nearest object was the wooden chair he fell from earlier. While covering his temple with his left hand, the young man supported himself on the chair's armrest with his right. After a considerable amount of effort, he slumped onto the chair in exhaustion. He took deep breaths and smelled the room. It smelled like rust and wood.


"Whew," sighed the young man.


He felt light-headed and wanted to faint from the blood loss. However, there were more pressing matters to solve instead of relaxing. It was a miracle that he was still living despite a massive amount of blood pooling everywhere. He needed to know what the hell just happened. Strangely enough, he was also abnormally calm.


At the same time, the bleeding came to an end. The young man could feel the wound in his temple miraculously closing up. The bloodstains everywhere in the room slowly vanished as if it was never there in the first place.


He did not feel shocked about everything yet because he was high. Instead, he felt fascinated and wanted to check his wound using a mirror. The young man scanned his surroundings to look for the mirror but noticed something else. On the wooden desk in front of him were a revolver and an opened diary.


As soon as he saw the revolver, he furrowed his brows.


"A revolver and a hole in my head. Hmm, It can't be..." The young man murmured while thinking about the possibility that he might have killed himself earlier. But that led to another question: why did he want to kill himself?


"If the bullet did not pass through my head, does that mean it's still..." His scalp tingled after thinking about it. His expression turned weird instantly.


"No. No. No." Denied the young man. He quickly dismissed it and left the question unanswered for a while. The young man then turned his head to the diary to divert himself from the crazy thought.


"I don't remember writing a diary," murmured the young man in puzzlement. Therefore, he thought that it should be someone else's diary. Since the young man did not understand the language of it, he ignored it and continued to search for the mirror instead.


He opened the drawers of the desk and found a silver hand mirror stored inside the second compartment. It had ornate details carved on the frames and handle. The person had a habit of observing and admiring details. But, he did not have the leisure to do it now. He quickly took it out and held it in front of his face.


"...Who is this guy?"


The next moment, the young man was stunned. The good-looking guy in the mirror had chestnut-colored hair and an oval face. His eyes were extremely dark brown. He made an astonished face in the mirror that was quite handsome.


Compared to him, the real Hongtian should have black undercut hair and eyes. He was supposed to be an ordinary-looking person.


He bobbed his head at the mirror to confirm whether it was him. Unfortunately, It was.


"It can't be..."


The young man started to suspect something but needed more evidence.


He instantly turned sober and quickly forgot about the healed wound on his temple. He put the mirror down and bowed his head to look at his body. He wore a white buttoned shirt and a pair of brown trousers with suspenders. It was something entirely different from what Hongtian would usually wear.


"Wait a minute..."


His heart began to beat faster. He realized he had not taken a look at his room yet. He shot up from his chair and seriously looked at his surroundings.


"Oh, man..."


The young man muttered with his eyes wide open in horror. He was shocked silly upon seeing the room. It was a spacious and exquisite room that was unfamiliar to him.


A few seconds of shock later, a sense of realization hit him. There was no doubt about it, but he still could not believe his eyes.


"I've transmigrated."


The young man then recalleed his true identity.


His name was Zheng Hongtian. An 18-year-old local college student who studied electrical engineering. He had a good family and was the only son. He also cherished his parents a lot.


One day, Hongtian was playing a new game called Elden Ring. That midnight, he fell asleep due to playing the game for too long. Not that he regretted it because he had finally finished the game. However, the only downside was that the ending he had gotten was a bad one�"the Duskborn Ending. He was a little disappointed as soon as he saw the ending scene.


But that was when he fell asleep and woke up in a strange foggy world. Then, he saw a suspicious white door and decided to enter it. Man, what was Hongtian thinking when he did that? Because of it, he woke up in the body of somebody who had just shot himself with a revolver!


When Hongtian remembered his real identity with a shocked look on his face, his legs became weak. He stumbled backward and fell back to the chair, mouth agape. He covered his forehead in shock, unable to believe that the impossible had happened to him.


"F**k," cursed Hongtian.


"That white door must've been the thing behind my transmigration." The young adult�"or rather Hongtian muttered with a worried look. He regretted opening the mysterious white door too rashly.


"But, how the hell do I get back?"


He seemed to be asking the air for an answer as he said it loudly, but that was merely him being derisive. Air can't speak. Hongtian had read novels about transportation before. He loved to read web novels about regression, reincarnation, and transmigration during his free time. However, avidly reading transmigration novels and him being in one was a whole different thing. Hongtian still had many attachments to his previous life. He could not let it go just yet.



Hongtian let go of his hand and stared at the ceiling with disquiet. His heart was not calm at all. That was because he might never see his parents and friends ever again.


'Get a hold of yourself Zheng Hongtian!'


He then shouted inwardly. It took him a while to rationalize himself and think positively. Hongtian closed his eyes and breath in deeply. He put away those depressing thoughts and started to take action for the future. Who knows, maybe he could see his parents and friends again.


Afterward, he opened his eyes calmly. What he needed to do right now was to access the situation.



© 2023 SleepyKnight


Author's Note

SleepyKnight
Something kinda feels wrong here. Please help lol and maybe give me some ideas

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on February 24, 2023
Last Updated on February 24, 2023
Tags: Mystery, Thriller, Action