An Erased Mistake

An Erased Mistake

A Poem by SlimBizkit

















I stare into your eyes.
I see the unnatural love; NO love.
I know the smile you fake, is there just to please me.
It allows me pretend that we are what we once were; But we are nothing.
We were something, but I shattered it like glass.
Who would've known the last time I hugged you was the last all together?
Who could have known the last time I spoke to you, is now just a silence.
I never hear your voice; but I remember it.
It's cold and sends the chills down my back.
It makes me freeze in my footsteps.
It severs me in two; and I try to piece myself back together.
But I cant...
I'm just a puzzle with a missing piece.
That piece was you.
I had a grasp, but it slipped.
I had the world, but it died.
I had it all, but I lost it.
I had you, but I let you go.
I know what rejection feels like now, and I guess this is just karma at it's best;
(At its worst for me)
When I am reminded of you, I want to bury myself beneath the damage that I had created.
When you are reminded of me, you undoubtedly want to come above it all;
And forget me; erase me as if I was just drawn with a pencil.
But you're just an indelible mark that is permanently within me.
To you, I'm just the mistake you made on the paper.
To me, your everything but a mistake...

© 2011 SlimBizkit


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks 'Dakotah "Zero" Jones' and 'shedevil'. I appreciate the kind words :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


this was nice, very straight forward i like it

Posted 12 Years Ago


im seriously on the edge of tears. great job

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thanks everyone!

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is incredible in the so many ways.. the emotion behind it, the word choice (favorite line: "i know what rejection feels like now, and i guess this is just karma at its best).. this is seriously an amazing find for me today... keep up the great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh wow that was somehing right there and so true in so many situations. To some the relationship was a mistake but, to you it was everything but, a mistake. I mean some people want to go for it while others don't and regret while other cheerish. Feelings are different when a end is near and its up to them whether erased or saved. Anyways well done and using the erasing concept with this when applied to feeling. Keep up the excellent poetry.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I find this piece to hold a certain flux within it's words. As if the voice speaking is venting of something that had spun out of control. The voice admonishes the missing voice, but yet I feel it's arguing with itself on who's to blame. Fascinating piece of poetry. It makes one think about how peoples minds work.

Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


this poem reminds me a lot of what i went through. thank for writing this.. this peice really spoke to me.. it will definitely be filed in one of my favorites. you're a great writer.. never give up on writing because I think you have a God given talent to write. please write more!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aye, not bad; the strength of the feeling is clear

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang u can write!!!!! I really, really, really loved it! It is sooooo relatable and sad and just wow. GREAT work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 2, 2011
Last Updated on November 5, 2011

Author

SlimBizkit
SlimBizkit

Harrisburg, PA



About
I'm a dude and I do not write just one type of genre...I write many. Hope you all enjoy my works! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Milagro Milagro

A Story by Treo LeGigeo