Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Nora Grey
"

Marc assigns Penelope on a job to get rid of her. She's sent to check on the Chinese, and get's into more trouble than she ever expected.

"
"Thanks for giving me a ride to the house,"  I said quietly.  The Secret Security guard's name was Landon, he's really hot.  Not as hot as Marc, with his steamy green eyes and dusty blonde hair.  Landon's features were more rounded, most likely he was a football player in high-school.  His hair was a brown dark color, his eyes dark brown, not like Katherine's, but warmer somehow, nicer.  I have to admit, Landon was hot.  Maybe I could make Marc jealous!  Yes, yes, yes!  "Thanks so much,"  I say, sliding my hand over the black interior of the car and put my hands on his leg.  "I really appreciate it,"
"Yes m'am,"
"Oh, you don't need to call me m'am, I makes me feel so old,"
"Yes m'am,"
"Oh, yes sir,"
He turned over and looked at me.  "What are you trying to do?"
"Oh, nothing,"
"You like Marcus,"
"What gave you that idea?"
Landon turned to look at me.  "Really," He winked.  "It's hard to miss,"
I felt my face get hot.  I turned away from his gaze.  It was embarrassing as hell... "We're here,"  I said, getting out of the car.  Was this where the Chinese men lived?  It was awful modest.  The house in itself was large, but the brick made it look so much smaller!  It was two stories, probably the only in the rich park of Washington, D.C.  There was no gate in the front, but the driveway was really long, paved with stones that caught the light as we moved along it.  There were shrubs lining the front of the house, and flowers of all different colors.  
I walked up to the front door.  It was dark and had one big window in the middle, leading into darkness inside.  No lights were on...  Did anyone live here?  I rang the doorbell, not holding my breath.  
The door swung open before I could even take my hand off the ringer.  
"What?"  Said a very tall Chinese person.  He was dressed in a classy tuxedo, with a silver gun on the side of of his hip.  I had this crazy idea to ask him what the hell it was for.  I had no idea why, it wasn't like I was a threat or anything!  
"I'm here under order from the president, President Mar-,"
"Yes,"  He grabbed my shoulder, which started burning.  He dragged he into the modest foyer.  The door slammed behind me.  "Leave,"
"I can't leave until you open the door and let me out,"
Just then, the door opened.  Landon turned the corner, gun drawn.  I had no idea how it got so out of hand so quickly.  One minute ago I was knocking at the door of what I thought was an old man that was only interested in my breasts, and now I had a gun drawn at me.  Scratch that, two guns.  The Chinese had pulled out his gun.  It was only a matter of time.  
"Put the weapon down," 
"No,"  The Chinese had a thick accent.  I could barely understand him.  I just assumed that's what he said.
"Put your hands up, and your weapon down now.  I don't want to negotiate with someone like you."
"Then don't,"  The Chinese shot first.  Glass splattered everywhere.  Landon shot back.  Then he was down.  And he didn't get up.
"Whoa, why did you do that?!"  I asked The Chinese.  
"We don't negotiate." 

 


© 2010 Nora Grey


Author's Note

Nora Grey
I feel like this one sucks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
Added on September 3, 2010
Last Updated on September 6, 2010
Tags: Drugs, Chinese, President, Suspense, Travel


Author

Nora Grey
Nora Grey

Charlotte, NC



Writing
I Am I Am

A Poem by Nora Grey


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Nora Grey