Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Angelica's Secret

Angelica's Secret

A Stage Play by S. L. Ganier
"

This is just a small piece about a boy receiving a phone call. The phone call, however... I put this under the horror genre because it plays on a horrible situation... not exactly ghost oriented or ghoul infested. Just a boy learning about a horrible time

"

S. L. Ganier

 

Angelica's Secret

 

 

 

Setting: Dick decides to go into his parents’ bedroom in order to speak with his father (who is currently packing a suitcase) about a stranger that had recently called the house. The bedroom is very intricate and organized with a bright light shining over the queen-sized bed. Dick’s father seemingly avoids eye contact throughout the scene. The red clock on the wall is set at 6:00 PM.

 

Dick: Hey, are you busy?

Dick’s father: No, not too busy… just doing what I do.

Dick: I see… What’s that for?

Dick’s father: Well, I have to get ready for my trip. What’s on your mind?

Dick: Yeah, about that… Uhm… A lady just called. Said her name is Angelica.

Dick’s father: Angelica? She a friend of yours?

Dick: Listen, Angelica told me something that I thought I should talk with you about.

Dick’s father: Hmm… Okay.

Dick:  She told me someone did something to her and that she wants my help. She called it a “horrible secret.” I figured I could help her by helping myself, and I figured you could help me help myself.

Dick’s father: Horrible secret? Sounds like this someone really dug himself a hole.

Dick: … Yeah, looks like it.

Dick’s father: Well, if I can help…?

Dick: Honestly, I won’t mind if you can’t. But if you can…

Dick’s father: Well, first things first… does this someone have a name?

Dick: Yeah… Dad. She made it sound like it was someone that I should know, but I’m really not quite sure that I do. You might know the person.

Dick’s father: I might know this someone?

Dick: Well, according to Angelica, the person who did this lived around here. As far as she knows, he might still be here.

Dick’s father: It sounds like this happened a long time ago.

Dick: Thirteen years ago.

Dick’s father: Thirteen years… Thirteen… Do I know Angelica?

Dick: Hmm… Do you?

      [Dick’s Father briefly turns without making eye contact, then continues to pack]

Dick’s father: Listen… It appears that this happened to her long time ago, and I think that it would be best if you just let it go.

Dick: Alright.

Dick’s father: Trust me, these situations are never as big as you might think. It’s probably just her cry for attention. 

Dick: Okay. 

Dick’s father: My advice would be to put Sherlock to rest and let her deal with it on her own. If I were you, I’d drop it, enjoy life, and I wouldn’t hurt myself over it. Besides, if she didn’t say anything to anyone since she was seven, then obviously she doesn’t remember much. Now if you don’t mind… I’m really busy.

Dick: Yeah… You’re right. Now that I think about it, I know that don’t know the person she was talking about after all. Besides, I’m sure Angelica will call again in the future.

© 2008 S. L. Ganier


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on April 4, 2008

Author

S. L. Ganier
S. L. Ganier

Riverside, CA



About
I enjoy writing more than I enjoy most of the other activities that I participate in. Between work and school there's not much time... but I still find it somehow. I enjoy reading other people's works.. more..

Writing
The Water The Water

A Stage Play by S. L. Ganier


The Fall The Fall

A Story by S. L. Ganier