Bliss

Bliss

A Story by Manda

His pants were slightly rolled up to his ankles. He wore a white tank-top with a blue plaid thermal unbuttoned over it. The sleeves of the thermal were rolled up neatly to his elbows. The boy was standing shoeless by the shore. I watched him closely as he threw yet another rock towards the water. It was wavy that day, so I didn't expect to see much skipping from that rock. He smiled anyhow as the rock plumped into the water and sunk to the sand beneath. His short black hair then tossed slightly in the wind as his right hand robbed the stubble that lay on his perfectly tan skin. His brown eyes scanned the water once again as seagulls flew overhead. The boy reached down, picked up another rock and then repeated his tossing action at the water.

 

I sat back smiling as my brown eyes watched him closely. 'What a beauty' I thought to myself as I stared at him. The sand between my toes and the smell of fresh ocean air hung around me. My short brown hair bristled slightly as I moved my bleach blond bangs out of my face so I could stare at the boy, my boy, longer. My black shorts hung to my knees and my black t-shirt swayed slightly around my petite body. I then wiggled my toes in the sand. The feeling of warm sand always made my day.

 

My boys attention turned to me. He watched me at first without saying a word, then a smile formed on his lips. "Manda, come her," He stated in almost a whisper. I joined his side fast. He watched as I arrived next to him, the smile never fading from his face.

 

"Yeah, Joey?" I cooed when I finally reached him. Joe looked to our feet then back to me. His hand then gripped mine gently as we both in unison turned to the water to stare at the horizon and the setting sun. "So beautiful..." I commented.

 

"Yes, you are." I looked up to see Joe looking at me as if he had never seen such a beautiful site.

 

I rolled my eyes, "What a corn ball." I stated before turning back to the sun, "I meant you, any how." I smirked.

 

The wind then blew slightly harder as we stared into the distance. My hand intertwined with his, our feet dug into the warm but now cooling sand. This was what I called bliss. Standing with the boy I went through hell to get, the boy I never gave up on, even when people told me it was impossible. Now we were standing on an empty LA beach, holding hands and being in love. A feeling I thought I would never feel. Best thing about this is I believe he felt the exact same way at that very moment, that moment of Bliss.

 

"Joe," I spoke up once more, "Where do you think we will be in a few years?" I asked, doubting everything, yet believing in it with all of my heart.

 

He smiled, then chuckled, "Well, Manda," He picked up my hand he was holding, stretched it out randomly, then sat our hands back down in between us. "I think we'll be," Joe paused and studied me for a few minutes. "Right where we are now." He smiled.

 

"On this beach?" I smiled back. I couldn't help but act like a wise a*s towards him. That's just who I am.

 

Joe laughed, "No, ding-dong." He looked back out at the water, his smile faded from his face, "In love." He continued. I shot my head up towards him, surprised at his words. "In love..." He repeated in more of a whisper this time, he nodded once with certainty and then smiled once again.

 

Joe did feel as if we belonged. I smiled at this thought. I loved him for years, even before we met. Now we have a future, a bright future. I looked off towards the water to think about us, a smile on my face. When Joe noticed me zoning out he moved closer to me, our bodies now touching. He swung our arms gently as he stared down at me.

 

"Are you cold?" Joe sweetly asked me as our arms still swung in unison with each other.

 

I shook my head no. Then I looked up at him. Joe, who was 5'7 towered over me, since I was around 5'1. He was like a security blanket to me though. I cuddled up to his chest, making our hands fall. "Maybe a little." I lied to him, just so I can be closer to his body. Joe's arms found their way gently around my waist as his chin rested on my shoulder. His stubble rubbed my cheek making it itch. I made a slight face, which he noticed but smiled at my reaction.

 

"That was cute." He commented as he reached his neck over to kiss me on the cheek. I smiled in return, never thought I'd hear those words from a boy, let alone Joe Jonas.

 

"Did you mean it," I blurted out, "About still being in love, Joey, did you mean it?" I asked him, sounding like an impatient child.

 

Joe nodded at first as his chin rocked on my shoulder, "Yes." He finally said while studying my face. "I believe we'll still be in love... even one hundred years from today!" he smirked.

 

"Joey, honey, that's impossible." I looked at him.

 

"No, I’ll love you as long as there's an earth, as long as there is life. I will always love you. That's a fact." He said as his hands settled onto my stomach. They then gently moved in a rubbing motion.

 

"Thank you." I smirked, "For being yet again, a corn ball."

 

"You love it." Joe said as his head then gently lay against mine.

 

"You wish."

 

"But I’m cute!" he whined.

 

"Yeah, once again, you wish."

 

"HEY!" Joe pouted.

 

I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Fine, that pout was pretty cute." Joe picked his head up and looked at me, once again he pouted. "Oh, yup." I smiled, "Very cute.

 

"Why thank you." Joe kissed me again on my cheek.

 

After a few minutes of silence Joe picked up his head and his arms pulled away from my body. I turned my head to see Joe walking from behind me to the side of me. He plunked down into the sand and then looked up at me. He stretched his legs out so he was sitting straight. His hands dusted off the bottom of his legs slowly as his eyes caught mine.

 

“You’re going to get all sandy.” I said to him, he just shrugged a reply. “Get up, you’re not riding in my car all sandy like that.” Joe shrugged again. Then his hand grabbed mine, before I knew it the boy pulled me down to the sand as well. I glared at him as he smiled back at me.

 

“Why don’t you just have a nice seat in the sand with me.” Joe suggested, it was too late though since I was already in the sand.

 

“Gee, thanks Joey. Your so kind.” I sneered at him.

 

Joe laughed, “I know.” Then he kissed me on my forehead, “You’ll be just fine, Manda.” He continued.

 

We both then turned to the water again. Joe’s hands fell into his pockets as mine went into my lap. I could feel Joe’s breathe getting harder while he sat at my side. I turned to him, “are you okay, Joey?” I asked.

 

Joe turned to me and smiled, “Yeah… Just a lot on my mind.”

 

“About me?” I batted my eyes in a joking manner.

 

Joe laughed, “Always.” He smiled as one of his hands reappeared from his pocket and then gently grabbed my hand from my lap. I stared down at my lap as his thumb rubbed my hand.

 

“Joe,” I looked up to see him still staring at me. “Are you really okay?” I repeated.

 

“Yes, I just…” Joe looked to the horizon and then smiled. “Come on.” Joe pulled me to my feet gently, “I have something to ask you.” From Joe’s pocket he pulled out a small box, making my eyes widen. Then Joe knelled in front of me.

 

“Joe…”

 

Joe smiled, “Well…” He opened the box revealing a ring.

 

“Joe…” I repeated as I eyed him.

 

“Will you, ya know.” Joe’s eyes started to glisten with tears, immediately mine did too.

 

“Joe…” Then I couldn’t help it. I burst out in tears. “Joey!” I sobbed.

 

“So, will you marry me?” Joe asked, looking as if he did something wrong.

 

I nodded my head slowly.

 

“Yes!” Joe yelled before standing up to make a fist pumping movement. Then he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug. “I’ll make your life perfect, because I know you’ll be doing the same for me.” Joe whispered into my ear. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” I whispered back when my sobbing calmed down.

© 2010 Manda


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Luv it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 1, 2010
Last Updated on July 29, 2010

Author

Manda
Manda

Kent, United Kingdom



About
Names Amanda, call me Manda, Manderz or Mandy if you wish. I like writing, drawing and being creative. Favorite things to write are, Fan-fics, fantasy, and poetry. I write a lot of Joe Jonas fan f.. more..

Writing
No name. No name.

A Story by Manda


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Manda