Assumption

Assumption

A Poem by Sn_

Gestures, that’s all what it takes for someone to know you love them; from a simple hello to a tearful goodbye. Gestures, that’s all it takes.

When your eyes lit up when I said I liked you, I thought you felt the same. I heard cannon balls from the fighting pirates on the seas and fireworks from the upcoming New Year celebration. I smiled back. It felt like I was finally getting out in my own abyss. I was finally able to connect with someone. It made me feel euphoric.

Summer felt spring. You said that I could also make a wish on sunflowers so, I did. I repeated the same insane wishes on the ocean of sunflowers. I asked,” how many do you think they are here?” You said, “Thousands. I guess.” And I repeated that wish for a thousand times.

When the autumn arrived, neglection came. The thread was cut. I didn’t blame it on you, nor is it my fault. But, that didn’t stop me. I told you again, those three pathetic words and when your eyes remained dull, I thought I was imagining things. I heard balloons popping and raindrops on roofs. I smiled back. It felt like I was being dragged back into my own abyss. You were disconnected. The misery that was I feel.

© 2016 Sn_


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The poem has a good story to it and I liked the metaphors and similes you used! It is beautiful! You might want to revise the third and fourth paragraphs as there are grammatical errors that are simple to fix. Good job, though!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sn_

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I didn't proofread this hahaha Thank you for pointing that out :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on May 23, 2016
Last Updated on May 24, 2016
Tags: assumption, romance, heartbreak

Author

Sn_
Sn_

Philippines



About
Solitude and Euphoria, these are the best rewards in life. more..

Writing