Sex

Sex

A Chapter by Akira Kodama

Where do I start?
Sex is much too overplayed. Taken so seriously to the point that people put restrictions on it, and disgrace and alienate those who take part in it. Now I realize that is a broad statement, and much too generalized. Not everyone is alienated for sexual participation. Right now, however, I will only speak of the tormented, and the tormentors.
Sex, I understand, has been a sensitive act for millenniums. People seem to think that flesh touching flesh for pleasure(and other such reasons) is bad. Virginity is nothing but a socially constructed concept, and the only physical occurrence that may go along with said concept is the breaking of the hymen in a woman. Innocence and purity are things that are long gone by the time that humans are physically and biologically ready for sexual interaction. Sure, some are more "innocent" than others, but innocence is relative, no? To go back to the actual topic, I just can't fathom why people would think sex is a bad or overly-sacred thing. STD's are not as common as you think, overprotective parents. Not every person is sexually inept. I think I will split it, at this point. Teenage sex, and "adult" sex.
Teenage sex: I am a bit more open minded when it comes to people being worrisome about teenage sex. A lot of younger people are unfortunately complete idiots. I'm around them for hours every day. When most can't speak their first language properly,how can you expect them to have anything short of bacteria infested sex with the school "gets around" girl/guy. So, with this, I support certain concerns. Idiots should not be doing a lot of things, including sex, until they are educated in it. This brings me to the next portion of the teenage sex topic: Educated teens. There are quite a few(though not the majority) of teens who are quite educated in more things than just sex and modern technology. I know a few, and I consider myself to be smarter than your typical idiot. These educated teens, sexually and otherwise, I think should be trusted. The main problem, which I totally forgot to mention beforehand, is parents/guardians of teens. I think this brings many of the issues full-circle. Guardians(whom I am just going to refer to as "parents" from now on), are usually afraid of one or more of these things happening after/during sex:
~ Illusory innocence and purity being lost.
~ STD's
~ Loss of control or connection over/with their "child."
~ Other s**t that I sadly haven't identified.
I feel I've worn this part of my topic thin. I will be addressing the w***e/s**t ordeal near the end, after I've addressed the adult situation next.
Adult sex: I find this has a lot less restrictions than teenage sex, but it also seems to have a few that are unique to it, however I can't exactly identify those by firsthand experience since I am no physical or legal adult. First off, many adults sadly seem to be less inclined to have sex. No doubt this is due to puberty ending and hormones "balancing." It seems many sexual problems are encountered at the adolescent stage of development, with exception to erectile dysfunction and other age difficulties; however not saying that erectile dysfunction is a nonexistent problem for teens. I don't really have many adult-specific issues to address, so I'll mesh the two again.
Overall issues: It seems everyone, young and old, faces the biggest non-physical problem when it comes to sex: Labels and torment. For some reason, it is unacceptable to the masses for people to have sex with multiple people and/or often. They are labelled negatively a "s**t" or "w***e", or whatever your choice word(s) is. This is completely unnecessary and is only a manifestation of typical people-problems. You have your own problems, so you in turn torment another because of your s**t-feeliness. I don't think people realize that they are bullies in this regard. Sexual interaction is nothing to be ashamed of or alienated for. It is not a crime to have consensual sex, so why is it looked down upon by the large majority? Well, it all ties back into traditions, and those traditions formed from where? You got it! The root of most all problems in the world: Religion. From here I am only coming together with my previous writing on theology, so I will not dwell on it too much. Religion is quite famous for making you do irrational things and be ashamed of natural actions and things like your body. It is no surprise that a huge natural human pleasure, sexual intercourse, is considered to be extraordinarily taboo. I will soon delve into a criticism on religion if I continue on from here, and since this is not the right place for that, I will reach my conclusion.
In case you for some reason couldn't tell, I find that sex is not what it is played up to be. It is not amoral or sinful. It's just a pleasuring act. Meh. That's it for this.


© 2013 Akira Kodama


Author's Note

Akira Kodama
The lengthiest thing I've written. I'm quite proud of it.

It has been brought to my attention by my peers at RevLeft that I sound somewhat pompous in this - That is not my intention nor my attitude. I do not think perceived self-awareness is pompous at all, especially when I tried to sound as humble as I could while still being complacent in this piece. Please, try to keep this in mind. Or don't and assume. Just don't come bitching at me because you think I sound some certain way that you don't like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't think people realize that they are bullies in this regard.

I think this one line spreads to so many topics it's not funny. I enjoyed the overall theme and message here. It's amazing what people think is O.K and not O.K, but will be so stuck in their own ways and unwilling to change no matter what anyone else says or thinks. Very nicely penned :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I don't think people realize that they are bullies in this regard.

I think this one line spreads to so many topics it's not funny. I enjoyed the overall theme and message here. It's amazing what people think is O.K and not O.K, but will be so stuck in their own ways and unwilling to change no matter what anyone else says or thinks. Very nicely penned :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like you premise Chemo.

I just had a thought. Chemotherapy is a therapy used to poison the a malignancy to the point it will not survive. While poisoning the "cancer" the host is poisoned as well. Often the host will finally survive or at least last longer than it would have without the Chemo... Still, there is a cost to this poison. There is always a cost when destruction is infused without selectivity. Yet lives are saved and the cost is sometimes maybe often worth it... Any how, I think you have a powerful mind and it can doo great good in this world or great harm... Not unlike many others though. Keep thinking at least.

Ok, back to sex! My favorite topic of human sociology and psychology. Sex is powerful my friend. Ask anyone educated beyond a masters degree in psychology. Sex is a big deal. Period. It is linked chemically to so many of our higher thought processes. You cannot have casual sex. It is a misnomer. You can casual have sex. You can compartmentalize your emotions and your actions if you have the psyche for it. you can be very happy and healthy using sex in a casual manner. The sex however is not casual. It is like saying you are going to play a safe game of Russian Roulette. As long as the chamber you are firing is empty, everything is fine and the thrill and the rush is worth the risk... Until...
I agree society has many hang-ups about sex. Blaming this on religion... ahhh... ok... maybe a little, but it is more about the knowledge there is a "loaded chamber" in this gun we call sex. History has taught us even having sex on a casual basis brings some very non-casual baggage with it. This is not about pleasing a God or following arbitrary religious dogma. Reserving sex for committed relationships is about living and enjoying life to the fullest. Sex with one partner who is completely devoted to the union of your souls as one flesh is beyond the experience most humans ever realize.
The biggest problem I see is those who are in committed relationships need to let go of their inhibitions and enjoy the freedom of sexual expression the way those who are casually giving it away... and on the flip side, those who are giving sex away so "freely" so not realize the great value they give with nothing in return. Also, they do not know when the chamber will roll to the loaded round... In addition, we form attachments from our very soul when we have sex and we give away a little bit every time. why diminish you r soul in this way?
Sex is a perfect expression of human connectedness. Sex should have no boundaries beyond health and safety when two individual have committed to being one. I agree with you. Sex is not sinful nor is it amoral. Sex can be extremely pleasurable and healing. We should study the Tantric arts and human sexuality to give receive more pleasure to our partners and to ourselves.

Again, you are very, very close to the truth here as I understand it... ;) Then again maybe I have some things to learn as well. ha. (of course I need to learn... duh)

Enjoyed your thoughts again.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 David Scott

10 Years Ago

A few misspelled words... But I think you get the jist. :)

I like you mind. Even if I.. read more
Akira Kodama

10 Years Ago

You are not a person who discounts what someone says. Usually everyone has a few good points no matt.. read more
 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I try to learn from every person's point if view. Especially when the individual shows in.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 9, 2013
Last Updated on September 14, 2013
Tags: sex, social constructs, idiots, sup