Schoolplace Misconceptions

Schoolplace Misconceptions

A Chapter by Akira Kodama
"

Fueled by teenage angst and observation. Guaranteed to cause controversy. Enjoy.

"
(the nonfiction inspiration for this is at the bottom)

So, on the date of writing this (10/01/13) I have just recently been kicked out of school. This is what is going to fuel my angered ramblings this time.

So I have been kicked out of school by authoritarian teachers. I think I'll address the keywords "authoritarian" and "teacher", as well as their correspondence and lack thereof.

Blah: So I have found that teachers and such related staff have formed an illusion in their minds. This illusion is the illusion of over-importance and control. Yes, they do control your grades and such to a degree. However, when they impose this sense of control over anything else about you, they are stepping quite out of line. Apparently, in a room full of loud teenagers, mellow conversation is a class disruption. Asking questions, trying to understand what exactly the problem is, and proposing new rules/ideas/etc is a horribly disrespectful thing. This is everywhere, and it is exactly what keeps society from moving forward in a widely beneficial way. It seems that more people prefer to focus more on getting offended by things people say, rather than actually paying attention to the words themselves.

Blah 2: At the end of everything, these petty things don't matter. In my school, the television comes on at 9:30 AM as loud as possible(not exaggerating) and you cannot turn it off or turn it down. It is 10-15 minutes of people I see as fools jumping around, playing horrible music, jumping around to the music, and making fun of things such as the German language via stereotyped pronunciation, volume, and even dress. Now I pose this question: If this occurrence is not considered a disruption, then how am I considered one? You could easily unplug the television since it is not used at any other time during the day, yet you ("teachers") choose not to. That is ridiculously lazy, hypocritical, and flatout f*****g stupid. Hm. Well, f**k you.

Conclusion of sorts: For years I have really despised teachers and any figure that thinks they are better than they really are. Or are "better" (used as loosely as possible) than they aught to be. They are obviously illusioned so far as to think they have any sort of totalitarian control over you, and it should stop. Well, needs to stop in order for schoolgoers to have sort of a worthwhile experience. But it is well known that anything beyond 7-8 grade is just gravy on your person for the capitalist puppeteers to milk you of. Overall, f**k what school has become, and to be fair, what it was before. Because even though it is still s****y now, it was (from what I have heard/seen/etc) much worse. And is much worse in third-world countries and places that don't have the luxuries that this exploitational, degenerated, dishonest nation has acquired...through the 3rd world countries. 

That's all.

| So when I was in school today, at about 10:50pm I was sitting at a table. It was me and my friend that I will call...Seymour. So I was speaking with Seymour about...whatever. Small talk, really. I then stopped talking for about 5 minutes and the table was silent as me and Seymour both did our thing at our computers. (Note that my school is not an actual "school", nor an actual "classroom". It is students sitting at computer doing schoolwork on computers. The so-called "teachers" do little to nothing that doesn't only involve them, their work, and their profit. Helping students academically is seemingly a joke to them.) One teacher who will be called Mrs. Q called me out, stating that I was disrupting the class by talking and that I need to move back to my "assigned seat", because somehow me being silent is disruptive and assigned seats are somehow considered to matter. I tell Mrs. Q that I stopped talking and asked why I needed to move. 
She answered: "Because you aren't allowed to sit there and talk to him."
I said: "But I stopped talking."
Q: "You need to move back to your seat."
I: "It doesn't matter where I sit. I already stopped talking, too."
This goes on for another minute or so, then she threatens me with the ever-common "Do you want to go talk about this with Coach Shitpiece?" (Shitpiece is the "administrator" i.e. the head douchebag.)
I: "You always threaten that to divert the subject from yourself. You have nothing else to say so you threaten me with someone else, someone who is further up the hierarchy."
Q: "Alright let's go talk to Shitpiece."

*we proceed to shitpiece*

Q tells SP about what I have done. Said, rather.
I just say "What" in a very annoyed tone, because...well, I'm annoyed and find the whole situation ridiculous.
Shitpiece proceeds to tell me the same exact s**t that W told me, just in a more steroid-fueled, masculine voice. It then transitions into him yelling at me to stop talking "unless I want to suspended or recommended for expulsion to do insubordination."
I then ask him questions about what I have done wrong, why it is wrong, and why I think it is not wrong.
He says "It's the tone in your voice!"
I: "It's not the 'tone in my voice', it's just my voice. I'm not going to change my voice for you."
SP: "Well you better learn how to act socially acceptable" (I had to paraphrase here due to lack of exact correct memory)
I: "It's just my voice. I don't see what you're talking about. I'm just trying to ask you questions and apparently that's a bad thing."
SP: "It's the tone in your voice! You need to address your teachers in a better way!"
I: "You guys are just normal people. It doesn't matter if you're teachers or not. You're just a regular person at the end of the day."
SP: (does not say anything)
I: "Okay."
SP: (calls my grandmother, tells her that I am "being disrespectful, and that she needs to come get me because he doesn't want to have to suspend me". 
I: "So what, is she coming to get me?"
SP: "Yep"
I b***h at him some more. And more. Then go back to Seymour and b***h with him. Then I went to the other "classroom" and bitched about it to the only "teacher" that I enjoy interacting with. She had told me that I just need to comply to get through it, whether I disagree with it or not. But I told her that I will not comply completely. Just passively agreeing with what I disagree with is not how I am, nor will it ever be. But I can pretend. And I suppose I'll have to. |


© 2013 Akira Kodama


Author's Note

Akira Kodama
Blah.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The dialogue made me laugh, especially the assigned names.

p.s. sorry about getting kicked out of school. You can see past the social tediums and tendencies of teachers and people. It sucks that they can't recognize that.

p.s.s. great piece!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
1 Review
Added on October 1, 2013
Last Updated on October 1, 2013