Get away

Get away

A Poem by Snigdha
"

More of a verse than a poem

"
Sitting here on the cold, cemented floor, shoe-less, I watch the sky turn from black to all shades of blue, to white and then tinted by the yellow of the sun, which is dying now. 
At this point of the three-quarters concluded day, it is a brilliant mix of pink and purple, the color of my mind. 
There is a half-read book, lying face down at some distance, with the old boarding pass that had been pressed between its pages at the start of this journey peeking out, as if reminding me of how long I had put it off; ignored and forgotten. 
There is a storm on the horizon, and I can feel it coming, an air raid. At this distance, the world is a water color painting, a blurred image.

I had an image, and I have been waiting to talk to you.

Lets go away to some place, rent an open car, and explore. Perch on some comfortable spot on one of the cliffs that line the road, sip some wine and watch the sunset, and remember that sensory experience forever. Let us for a while, steer clear of crowds and escape the traffic of busy cities, head to a strange and breathtaking corner, and unwind. Blue skies, volcanic soil, azure waters, and golden beaches punctuated with small mystical huts, that have thatched roofs await. Let us go find hidden villages, sleepy bars, and stunning landscapes. I know they are just around the next corner, that treasure trove of my lush haven.

Won't you find time in this tiny tiny world? Until you do, I guess I will just stick my tongue out and taste the cool salt summer air, and kiss the starry night sky.

© 2013 Snigdha


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on April 18, 2013
Last Updated on April 18, 2013
Tags: rain, vacation

Author

Snigdha
Snigdha

India



Writing