The magic we need

The magic we need

A Story by SnowCat

Her dress sparkled with the light of a thousand stars as she stood in front of her audience. She was nervous, her heart pounding loudly in her chest and for a brief moment that was the only sound that she could hear. She picked up the microphone with an ever so slight tremble of her hand. The music started playing and Laura closed her eyes letting the soft melody of the strings wash over her body, fill her mind, her soul, her imagination and she let go. She felt 'it' spark, deep inside her body as she started singing. The most beautiful feeling she had ever experienced, a feeling of purity and light. She spread her wings and dissolved all the barriers she had ever build up to keep the world away. As her voice rose and fell in that sparkling warmth that had started out inside her spread out towards the mesmerized audience and wrapped around them too, like a soft golden blanket that brought with its embrace peace and joy.

Laura's angelic voice filled the great hall, gave it life and for a few minutes everyone forgot of all the misery and sorrow of their lives. Her music healed. It soothed the spirit of so many through the mere grace and purity of her voice. It lifted them all from their frozen seats and took them with her, every nigher towards the paradise we all so dearly seek. A place where the beautiful cold moon shone with the warmth of the sun. Where waters as clear as crystal washed  away all that worldly pain that had formed like a muddy crust around them. Laura lead them to a  place that reminded you of the true beauty of life, that reminded you to enjoy the smell of grass, the touch of a snowflake, of the taste of freedom brought by the wind, that filled your ears with the sound of laughter.

Their hearts softened and started beating again as they never had before, transformed from stone to flesh as Laura smiled and walked among them. Her own heart lifted when she saw sparkles of life return into the eyes of her audience, transforming them from lifeless statues into the beautiful human beings we were all meant to be. She looked around and realized that 'it' no longer flowed from her alone but that it spread out from everyone around her! And for a brief but priceless moment, they all felt safe, happy. The last of notes died as the song ended. For a moment nobody applauded, still in awe of her music. Exactly as she meant to speak, the entire audience rose and let loose a wave of applause as she had never heard before, She gazed into their eyes and rejoiced at the sight of that little spark dwindling on, fueled by the power of Laura's music.

© 2015 SnowCat


Author's Note

SnowCat
How would you describe music to someone who has never heard it before?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on July 7, 2015
Last Updated on July 7, 2015
Tags: Music, Song, Catharsis, Magic