Just another lost letter

Just another lost letter

A Story by SnowCat

Dear Ruby,

Days pass by me but I take no notice. Seconds turn to minutes, minutes turn to hours as my life continues to go by. You were the one who kept me bound to this earth, and now that you are no longer by my side, time has lost all meaning and purpose for me. Many are the nights when I climb on our hill and gaze up at the sky. Memories cloud my mind, memories of better days, memories of you and me. I lay there for hours, wrapped up in the past, gazing up into the vast night sky. When the stars are alight, I remember the way you used to look at me, with passion burning in the depths of your heart. 

As the sun rises, painting a beautiful pastel of colors on the sky, I look to the horizon. You said you would come back to me once. You said you would meet me here, on the hill where we first met. I will never stop waiting for you, my love. I will always be here, hoping, praying that your footsteps and maybe life itself would lead you back here, to me. A smile blossoms on my lips as I remember the first time I ever set sight on you. You were sitting on the edge of the Minas Fountain, running your hands gently through the water. I remember how the sun was playing on your face, delicately stroking your features, dancing on your skin...to me, you looked like an angel with your big grey eyes and flaming red hair. Behind you, crystal clear water would spring from the fountain. You looked up from your reflection and I saw tears streaking down your cheeks. I wished I could kiss the tears away and chase the sorrow out of your heart. I wished…I wished you could love me as I loved you.

There are many such memories and few are the nights when I don't torment myself with them. In the letter you have left for me to find  on the bed 10 months ago, you told me to move on with my life, that we can not be together. I still keep it in my back pocket, unfolding it from time to time and reading your words again even though they hurt.

There are so many things I want to tell you...but I can never bring myself to send you any of the letters I write. Even now, as the tip of the pen gently slides over the smooth paper, I know this will be just another lost letter.

If some day, the restless wind will carry this letter to you, I just want to tell you that...with it I send you my heart. It is yours.

I love you. I always have and always will.

Yours truly,

Adrian.

© 2015 SnowCat


Author's Note

SnowCat
Just something I wrote years ago.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on July 7, 2015
Last Updated on July 7, 2015
Tags: love, pain, loss, sadness, confession