Voice of the Aborted

Voice of the Aborted

A Poem by Adam M. Snow
"

Momma, momma Can't you hear me crying?... They cut me up yet you're denying The life that could have been.

"


Voice of the Aborted
Written by Adam M. Snow


Momma, momma
Can't you hear me crying?
...
They cut me up yet you're denying
The life that could have been.


I was asleep, growing, sucking on my thumb;
My heart was beating in your womb...
You choose to end what could have been.
A furnace now my tomb.


I'm without a voice, I can't yet speak.
If I did, would you hear me;
Let me live a life,
Let me be what I wanted to be?


Did daddy love me as much as you,
Who felt the need for me to die?
Momma, momma
Can't you hear me cry?


You let them pull me from your womb;
Ripped my arms apart.
Hear my cry, momma...
They cease this beating heart.


They said it's your choice to take my life.
They said I'm just a group of cells.
But I'm a human being just like you,
Whose heart now beats still.


Now I lay here in a bloody mess,
With no future of my own.
These men will burn and sell my parts,
While you live your life alone.


You rejoice with no regrets,
Just wait, you'll pay your debts.
You took my life and what could be -
Momma, did you truly not love me?

http://amsnow.weebly


-A baby's heart starts beating 18 days from conception. It starts beating at about 3-4 weeks, you won't hear it until around 8 weeks. If you think their life doesn't matter, look in the mirror because someone thought your life matter enough to keep your heart beating.-
‪#‎fetuslivesmatter‬ ‪#‎prolife‬ ‪#‎antiabortion‬ ‪#‎LetTheirVoiceBeHeard


© 2015 Adam M. Snow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am definitely on your side with this one. While the first image is graphic, it is a stark reality that should be faced by those who profess to be "pro choice." They need to know and be very honest about what it is they are choosing: murder. If they cannot bear to look at that photo, it should be a time to reflect upon the guilt and shame that causes them to look away. Don't profess to stand for something and then be unwilling to face what it is you are supporting. We live in this selfish age of "me, me, me;" and "if it feels good, do it." Well, this is what happens when you do it. Don't then cast away that innocent life by discarding it, having it sucked out of the womb, or having scissors shoved into the back of its head and having the brain sucked out. That's the so-called choice that one is choosing. There is no reason in this day and age why a woman should become pregnant if she doesn't want to. An innocent baby is not an inconvenience to be thrown away like a crumpled piece of paper. It's so baffling that the same people who support abortion will protest the death penalty imposed against someone who has murdered another. So, it's okay to murder an innocent who has done nothing to harm anyone; and it's completely okay to save the life of one who took the life of another? Talk about living in a topsy-turvy world! God bless the little children - one and all.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Mr. Snow,
Thank you for being a voice for those who do not have one. A very hard read..but done in your, kind, style.
I am sure it stirs all sorts of reactions.. depending on peoples experiences and beliefs. I am sure there are many women, who do not take this decision lightly, and some quite desperate, to come to this decision.
Again thank You..for being a voice for those that cannot speak.


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

tremendous work adam brilliant

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your poem is wrought with emotion and so very well written. Thank you so much for sharing the video. I am a grandma to be and never cease to marvel at the miracle of life and how such a tiny seed grows into a beautiful baby.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abortion is never an easy decision to make. As a man I can’t put myself in woman’s shoes to fully understand why they do that and how much pain they have gone through before making that choice. Is there any options that they did not consider? We don’t know. For certain circumstance, abortion is necessary. I don’t really want to have any comment on this sensitive topic, but I respect other people’s decision, I'm sure they know what they’re doing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kay
Adam, this struck my heart. I like how the poem is from the perspective of the aborted child, which gives it more power and meaning. I've always been against abortion, too. I don't understand how people could be pro-choice when that choice is murder and takes away someone else's chance at life; and, life shouldn't be exclusive--measured or considered life only if said life is outside the womb. It's obvious that a child is living and has a soul in the earliest stages of development within the womb. Now, with morality it seems there are always blurred lines as life is so complex; for instance, a woman who is raped and becomes pregnant opposed to a woman who has a one night stand, becomes pregnant, and is looking for a quick fix. Then what would be the right thing to do? We see a blurred line. However, murder is still murder and an innocent life should never be condemened for the things that happen to us regardless of the situation. As you said to, SleeplessVolcano: "We're living in a messed up society." I feel like we might as well make suicide legal; after all, it's someone's choice to take their own life and it's not like keeping it illegal is going to stop them from doing it. Although it's a totally different subject from the one in this poem, it's relevant. It just doesn't make sense to me: it's okay to murder a child that hasn't gotten a chance to live yet, but not okay for someone to kill themselves if they don't want to live anymore. So much for pro-choice, right? Anyway, well done with the poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SleeplessVolcano

8 Years Ago

Hi RM......on the topic of assisted suicide - it is happening. I was horrified to listen to a radio.. read more
Kay

8 Years Ago

Oh, I know! Assisted suicide is especially huge in Oregon. I live in Washington but I've heard some .. read more
Had this poem been about a lion being shot I am sure dozens of people would have expressed outrage........it seems that even in our morality we are being penny wise and pound foolish......

Posted 8 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Adam M. Snow

8 Years Ago

In a world this corrupt, there is no moral compass. What's good is bad and bad is good, boys are gir.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
I'm with Dan.................................

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam M. Snow

8 Years Ago

Read my reply comment to Dan
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
whoa,, i disagree with this on sooo many levels,, i'm not going to get into a political debate, so i'm going to leave it alone. Sorry Adam,, but I'm really offended by this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam M. Snow

8 Years Ago

How can you be so offended by a child's life? I for one believe their life is worth fighting for. Ju.. read more
daninstockholm

8 Years Ago

I'm sorry Adam,, but like I said I'm not getting into this debate. Goodbye
_mal

8 Years Ago

Yeah I find this pretty offensive too. I'm not going to argue this either, but will say aborting ach.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1275 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 26, 2015
Last Updated on September 26, 2015
Tags: prolife, abortion, death, murder, baby, infant, fetus, child, childred, proaborion, antiabortion, prochoice, poetry, life, dark, love, hate, emotion, emotional, boy, girl, fantasy, romantic, romance, voice, aborted, share this

Author

Adam M. Snow
Adam M. Snow

Phoenix , AZ



About
"The writer’s mind, can surpass even the most intellectual minds." –Adam M. Snow I keep my work clean, I write to inspire others. Some people would even call me a philosopher, but w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren


Falling Falling

A Story by Samuel Dickens