Chapter II

Chapter II

A Chapter by SnuggleBunnyQueen
"

This is the elaborated story of my husband and I.

"

Timothy started home after walking Catherine to her place, but he couldn’t stop thinking about her. He had gotten her number from their mutual friend a while back. He decided to send her a message.

Are you still awake? was all he sent. He waited for her response. He wasn’t sure if she would even respond to him.

Who is this? His phone had finally went off. He responded with nothing more than his name.

Ok. Now, how did you get my number? She didn’t know if she was mad or happy about it yet. She decided to listen to his story first and to just go from there after that. He deserved the benefit of doubt for now. Catherine tried to give everyone the benefit of the doubt because she knew how unfair it was to judge people prematurely.

I asked Kathy for it a while back. I was just too scared to do anything until today though… Timothy had no idea how she was going to react about all of this.

So you were going to try to talk to me before today but you couldn’t ball up. Is that what you are trying to tell me?

Timothy was glad this conversation was not in person because he was really embarrassed about being afraid to talk to her. You aren’t going to tell everyone, are you?

Not at all. It’s sweet. She couldn’t be mad at him; mad at Kathy was a whole different story! She wasn’t actually mad with her, just irritated that she didn’t ask first.

Timothy was surprised that Catherine wasn’t upset with him. He had figured she would be a little upset, but she was really different than the girls he liked in the past. She was seemingly more understanding with a kinder heart and less judgment than any female that he had felt strong emotions for. She made his heart thump harder than ever; he became sweaty and easily aggravated whenever he wasn’t around her. There was a cool collected air around Catherine and it made him feel calm.

You need your sleep gorgeous.

I am not gorgeous. And you need rest too for JROTC.

I’ll only sleep if you do Babe.

Ok. I’m sleeping now.

Sleep well and good night, I hope. Timothy wanted to send her something else, but he left it at just that not wanting to scare her away.


That was the last thing they both read for the night before drifting off to sleep together. They slept at the same time, in different beds, but together somehow.

The dreams Timothy had that night, he considered very strange. He wasn’t having one dream, but rather catching a little preview of several different dreams. The plot of them, he couldn’t put his finger on, but they had a familiar feel to them.

The feeling was overwhelming. It was like what he had felt with the other girl of his past that he had wanted to marry at one point. There were some of the same emotions with Catherine, but he didn’t want to get his hopes up that she might be the female that he wanted to be with for the rest of eternity.


Catherine had always dreamed of how her wedding gown and reception would look but never of the aisle or her walking towards the man she would soon call her husband. Until tonight…

The guy she was walking towards she couldn’t place with where they had met, but he seemed familiar. Everything about the scene seemed unreal. It was late at night; the stars and moon were so bright, no extra lights were needed. She wasn’t wearing a dress though. She was wearing pointed Justin cowboy boots with a dark pair of blue jeans, a white tank top with a black and white cropped top over it. His eyes focused on her until she met his stare; a smile exchanged as she kept walking slowly towards him.

She had finally noticed who he was because of his smile. He wore a cowboy hat that covered most of his eyes, just leaving enough for him to look under the brim. It was a black hat that she had never known him to have. He wore black square toe boots, probably Ariats, with dark jeans, a white tank top covered by a black and blue plaid button-up shirt. His watch was the color of onyx.


Timothy saw himself wearing his dark straight legged jeans, with his black Ariats, a white tank top and a plaid shirt that he absolutely loved wearing to impress ladies. His sports watch had been replaced with a tungsten carbon watch that matched nicely. He looked like he was at a wedding, but he didn’t know who the wedding was for.

There was a flash and he saw Catherine wearing a nice pair of flared boot-cut jeans, a pair of pointed Justin boots, a tank top and a cropped over shirt. She was spinning around a dance floor like it was nothing. The only thing he could see was the wood floor. The walls were all black so he had no idea where he was at the moment. Catherine reached her hand out in his direction; he went to reach for it, but then things changed again.

Timothy felt like he was spinning until he walked into the door of Kay’s Jewelers. He already had the ring, a family heirloom, for the girl of his dreams once he found her. All he needed was to find her. She was going to be a simple belle; he just knew it. The ring had a thin silver band, a circled blue sapphire center, with three small white sapphires on each side.


Timothy stirred and looked at the clock. It read 6:45. He had to be up at seven, so he just decided to get up and get ready for school. He grabbed his phone, turned it back on, and sent Catherine a message saying, good morning beautiful. How did you sleep?

Catherine turned over; the clock made her aware that it was seven. She had over slept her alarm; that was unusual. She jumped up, turned on her phone, waited a few seconds and started to get ready for her day.

Her phone went off with her text tone; it was Timothy! She blushed as she read and responded to her message. I slept good, but too long. I had a nice dream, but I’m going to get ready for school though. I will see you this morning after we both get there?


He sent a smiley face back and then rushed to the bus stop to await her arrive at school. The ride seemed longer than normal, but that was probably because he was anxious and excited to see Catherine again. He wondered if she was as excited as he was…



© 2012 SnuggleBunnyQueen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how it moves so smoothly from one perspective to the next.

The only problem is the passivity in tone and lack of action verbs.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SnuggleBunnyQueen

11 Years Ago

To some degree I wanted a more passive tone because of the fact that its primarily dreams and a conv.. read more
great work :-) good sketch of the scenario...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


SnuggleBunnyQueen

11 Years Ago

Is there any suggestions that you have for me to make this chapter better? I am going to start worki.. read more
Talal Hussain

11 Years Ago

i think it is very well written...doesnt need any amendments...keep up the good work :-)
SnuggleBunnyQueen

11 Years Ago

Thank you. If you don't mind, please take the time to read chapter 1 also.
This is an interesting chapter. I enjoyed the little bits of anxious moments that you created from beginning to end. Overall the chapter is engaging enough to hold my attention and I read it all quite easily without feeling bored. Well done.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SnuggleBunnyQueen

11 Years Ago

Thank you. These were just the dreams that I had when him and I had first gotten together. Things we.. read more
so sweet I wish I can have a story like this to tell people someday :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


C.C. Marx

11 Years Ago

It will come to you just be patient haha this is coming from the most impatient person ever
SnuggleBunnyQueen

11 Years Ago

I am not a patient person either. It all really depends on what I am needing to be patient for. haha
C.C. Marx

11 Years Ago

I understand that completely I can never wait for anything, if I'm not inspired, I'm not going to wa.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2012
Last Updated on December 1, 2012


Author

SnuggleBunnyQueen
SnuggleBunnyQueen

TX



About
I am a working mother of one, also while going to college online. Writing has always been one of my passions though. I write free verse poetry and short stories. I would love to expand my horizons th.. more..

Writing