Haven't I Fallen Far Enough?

Haven't I Fallen Far Enough?

A Story by Sofi「♡」

Her dull blue eyes stared straight ahead, right before her where the black-haired male sat. He was sitting there, calmingly reading his book, as if nothing was wrong. 

Thousands of things were wrong, but there were 4 main things. 

1: He knew what she was

2: She loved him

3: Her angelic wings were tainted black 

4: Blood was splattered across her face, arms and wings. 

Maria could feel the hatred bubbling inside her as she looked down at her hands. Her knuckles were bruised and scraped.  Even though her immortal body was working overtime to repair her beaten body, it was still painful and numb. Maria's whole body ached as she sat there. The angel was in a daze, still confused as to what exactly happened. 


Memories and emotions flashed through her confused state. 

That was right... Kai was on a job, his cover was blown and she took matters into her own hands. She... killed many for the life of one. 

But it was his life she had protected. 
Her bright blue eyes stared across to him again. Thankfully he had escaped without a single injury. Pressing her lips together, the angel sat up only for a moan of pain to escape. Slumping back, Maria breathed heavily. Kai glanced up at his Guardian Angel but never said a word. He simply turned back to his book. 

This brought tears to Maria's eyes as she stared at him in agony. 

"Kai..." She whispered, even though it was so quiet, in his quiet cottage it sounded like a scream. Her whispered plead for love wasn't answered right away, but he did respond by setting his book down and opening his arms. Becking the injured beauty into his arms for comfort. Maria didn't need to be told twice, forcing her body to move. She climbed into his lap, curling up against his chest and allowed her tears to finally show.  With her face buried against his neck, the angel wept softly in the arms of her captor. 


No, he hadn't kidnapped her. But he held her heart hostage and kept her from running away.


And as she laid there in his arms, the male gently ran his fingers down her back. "Let your wings out." He said calmly. His voice was rough from the years of alcohol and rarely speaking. His raspy voice and warmth sent the angel into her own blissful heaven as she did as asked. Bringing her wings to view, the once beautiful wings were now a pitch-black and covered in cuts. Carefully, Kai ran his fingers through her feathers and sighed softly. "I don't know if I like White or Black more." And his words sent Maria over the edge. Sitting up and staring at him with teary eyes the Angel hissed angrily. 

"It's your fault they are black- It's your fault I was cast out...I have given you my all." 

Kai gently cupped Maria's cheek as she continued. "I have sinned and killed your kind just to keep you safe Kai. I...Haven't I fallen far enough?" She ended with a soft breathy tone. Her beloved had moved in closer. His lips barely an inch away from her's, her breath hitching as she stared into his red eyes. 

A hint of amusement danced across his face as he tilted Maria's head up and murmured. "Not yet my darling Angel... I have just a few more sins you can cross off your list before we take over heaven." As the word, 'heaven' rolled off his tongue he connected their lips. Knowing full well that it was her first and only kiss in her Hundreds of Years. 

Her blue eyes were cloudy as he pulled her further into the dark abyss, showing her the pleasures of being a sinner. 



Maybe... Maybe she was meant to fall. 

From heaven and for him...


All Maria knew was that she was willing to do anything to keep his heart beating. 

© 2020 Sofi「♡」


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on July 17, 2020
Last Updated on July 17, 2020
Tags: romance, Angst, angel, sin, death

Author

Sofi「♡」
Sofi「♡」

Wichita, KS



About
Hello there! I am Sofi and its so amazing to know that someone is reading this! Thank you so much for this! I figured I would do a quick little introduction about myself! Let's see... ༶.. more..

Writing