Those Night When Your Heart Rambles While Your Mind Sleeps

Those Night When Your Heart Rambles While Your Mind Sleeps

A Poem by John Dennis Gillespie

Everyday I wake up thinking I should sleep less. 
I should dream more and I should read more. 
Everyday I go to sleep, I pray for temptation to float away and desperation to go away.  
I nod off to soft songs with no words and I put my own to the instrumental and free my mental from the prison society’s kept it in. 
I’m a new soul. 
Hopefully this change will be for the better, wisdom is all I seek and my love will receives these letters.  
She’s my princess and I told God to kill me if I let her go because all I want in life is my young love to grow old. 
Everyday I go to breathe, I hope my heart melts into her and she will heal the curse that I was given by way of birth.  
I question my existence being of any significance, so I daydream and stay awake. 
Long nights tell the story of a man more than long days because work into the dark takes courage to still remain. 
Temptation overcame takes brains and a mind state that’s willing to weigh their options and not let lust become a problem. 
I sunk myself into my quest for knowledge and my quest for smiling and my quest for overcoming and my quest for falling into love. 
I sunk myself into you and drowned in your affection. 
Your arms are my protection. 
Your love is my weapon. 
I fight for everything we are for my mind rages with thoughts and you tame them.  

© 2013 John Dennis Gillespie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on June 5, 2013
Last Updated on June 5, 2013
Tags: Poetry, Poem