Alone Therapy

Alone Therapy

A Poem by John Dennis Gillespie

Have you ever felt extremely lonely?  
Have you ever felt the type of loneliness where screaming seems fine because there isn’t a soul that could hear you either way? 
Have you ever felt so lonely that your solitary became comforting? 
Now, imagine feeling this loneliness in a room full of cliche-quoting, hypocritical, supposed love ones.  
Now, imagine feeling this loneliness in a room full of high maintenance, occasional “friends”. 
Loneliness has many definitions to me, but it has the same feeling and same reaction. 
I’m constantly begging to be heard, to be helped, and to be understood, but all I receive are these lonely nights. 
No one will understand the quiet stars trapped in the dark skies. 
We can never fully understand the thoughts of a silent creature because unexpressed emotions and feelings lead to biased and incorrect assumptions. 
I am that quiet star and there are many of us stuck in these skylines confined to our loneliness while still being surrounded by peers. 
I’ll stay quiet and seek out satisfaction in my silence because my observations will lead me to the way out of my loneliness. 
The way out of my loneliness is not in the bodies of the world, it is in the body of oneself.  
The world will continue to have it’s flaws and until we as individuals are corrected we will feel the bitter cold touch of alienation.  
Yes. I understand now.  
Yes. I understand.  

© 2013 John Dennis Gillespie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on June 5, 2013
Last Updated on June 5, 2013
Tags: Loneliness, Therapy, Poetry, Poem, Philosophical