Love

Love

A Story by John Dennis Gillespie
"

A creative essay on love.

"
The camera lens shares a story like no other, but oh, how that story can lie.  The camera lens shares a story open for interpretation on a viewer to viewer basis.  Please do not be fooled by the impression of a beatitude relationship based on my photographs.  Love has become the bete noire of my existence, punishing me daily for amusement and displeasure. It is an ecumenical device designed to make us truckle our carte blanche. It is at the very least my nemesis, the master of my entire bane.  We pander to this mellifluous ideology of great love because of this recycled philosophy of fate with a divine partner and any aberration from this belief is thought to be cantankerous.  I decided to opt out of the opportunity to find this “divine partner” in search of a better understanding of who I am internally.  I wish to be an adventurous independent soul seeking out prosperity individually before attaching my being to another person.  There is a gargantuan dislike for the idea of hedonism, however, I believe a person must first be a hedonist to become a true lover of humanity.  If one can’t find pleasure in life, why would one care for the life of others?  It’s the application of casuistry that allows us to love in the first place, but it’s the same application that provides an excuse for us to allow ourselves to be destroyed for love.  I am imbued with dreams of a society that loves for love’s sake.  A society that does not need any symbolic evidence to represent the importance of their love.  This idea of love costing money, love costing freedom, and love costing happiness is everything that sickens me about love.  One day when society can come to grips with the realization that love has no price tag nor sacrifice than that is when I can be at one with love.  Let’s allow our minds to be malleable and bring this lackluster emotion into its heyday. For one day, there will be snapshots of pure love without ambivalence.  For one day, there will be clear pictures of the intensity of a man’s compassion without the need of a lagniappe.  We will find love everyday, gifts will be shared everyday, and care will reign supreme everyday.  This is a fervid wish I have been dying to see.

© 2013 John Dennis Gillespie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on June 17, 2013
Last Updated on June 17, 2013
Tags: Love, Essay, Creative, Photography