How To Survive in This World

How To Survive in This World

A Story by John Dennis Gillespie
"

A short, creative essay written for a friend.

"
You used to glow with a radiant form of persistence. The past tense of that statement bewilders me. I’m lost in the thought of you being lost forever. Your enchantment still remains, but it’s the spark of contagious determination that has lost flavor. The power of influence on an individual is extremely impressive and I believe perhaps this has played in a role in your disillusion. It’s a sour taste. It’s a sour taste that spreads like a viral infection. I will not defer from addressing your neglect, but instead I will push you forward like a shepherd does it’s herd. Your song has changed and it has the same melody with new lyrics. These are lyrics of money, lyrics of condemnation, and lyrics of confusion. It’s interesting to watch you sing about these pursuits without any plan of the road to take to get there. Learn and be wise my friend or this world will consume you. This world will chew on you like weak prey and devour your existence and then you would either have to clutch onto the back of another successful stallion or you suffer the consequences of your split second lack of focus. This world has no remorse for the relaxed and even those pleasant at heart aren’t safe from the clutch of it’s wickedness. If sin buries you for eternity in hell and prayer and repentance allows you to be embraced by the clouds in the heavens, I’d suggest finding the median of sin, prayer, and diligence to survive on this world.

© 2013 John Dennis Gillespie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on October 8, 2013
Last Updated on October 8, 2013
Tags: Essay, Creative, Nonfiction, Inspiration