Get Up Off Those Slave Ships.

Get Up Off Those Slave Ships.

A Story by John Dennis Gillespie
"

The Social Contract : The people of our country surrender some of their freedoms and submit to the government in order to have protection of their natural rights.

"

This is a post directed not simply to the men, boys, and girls in the slumps of the ghetto. This post is not directed to black, white, hispanic or any specific race. This post is directed to the people of America. I have recently had this Patriotic Enlightenment. This sense of love for my freedom. I have love for the freedom to vote, freedom to create, freedom to be. Americans have seemed to have loss their love of freedom and began to take freedom as a natural right instead of an incredible privilege. So Americans complain and their complaints never fall on deaf ears. These complaints are heard by our government. Think of this social contract like a game of tug-of-war. In the heat of our economic depression, we complain in search for someone to take blame for the disparity in our lives. We lose grip of the rope and hold we have over our government, then the government gets stronger. In an utopia, the government assist the people without anything asked in return. In reality, the government assist the people with freedoms asked in return. Please America don’t lose sight on what made us America. We are men of vision, voice, and action. Americans dream of what they wish to see change, speak out on what they want to see change, and then design a plan and create a way to make it happen. Do NOT allow the government to win this tug-of-war. We are NOT dependent people. We are laborers, dreamers, and inventors. The working class creates prosperity while the government oversees it. America is the cause for America’s problems and every individual can play a role and getting us out of it. Let us get off this “slave ship” of depression by working any job known to man, knowing that work we put in today is going to be a temporary income for your next big achievement for America. Let us “build our own pyramids” by playing bigger roles in the advancement of this country by creating businesses, thinking out-of-the-box and working harder than any other country ever could. Let us “write our own hieroglyphs” and decide how this generation wants to be seen when we look back 20 years from now. Will we be the dedicated innovators or the generation that sunk Americas glistening ship?

© 2013 John Dennis Gillespie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on October 8, 2013
Last Updated on October 8, 2013
Tags: Politics, Ideas, Inspiration, Writing