The honest boy who did not cry wolf

The honest boy who did not cry wolf

A Story by Somnium
"

...

"

"The honest boy who did not cry wolf"

Once upon a time there was a boy named Truth who always alarmed his people, when a wolf pack aproached to attack the village.
“Thank you Truth, you have saved us” they’d say. And it was always the same, there came a time in which he was called the hero of the village. The villagers were so reliable in his honesty and truthfulness, that he could say anything and they’d believe him, and he knew this, such was his reliability. Young boys were motivated by the hero, and one young boy named False wanted to be like Truth, but he was not as good, he would screamed “wolves” when no wolf was approaching, he did it so many times that False, became untrustworthy, such was his falseness. Truth now a man, grew greedy in praised and money, especially money. One day a wolf surrounded Truth, and offered him all the money in the world if he would stop alarming people of their approached. Truth’s mind was made.
A wolf pack could be seen from afar approaching through the dark forest, and False saw them, he screamed “Wolves! Wolves!” But the villagers paid no attention to him. Truth slapped False and said “stop alarming the people, when no wolf is approaching” Every villager turned their back to False and faced Truth as they were being feasted on by the wolf pack.

© 2016 Somnium


Author's Note

Somnium
tell what you guys think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this seems to be a very original take on a classic tale. It feels like a more modern approach about how, today people will not look for themselves, but follow blindly.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Somnium

8 Years Ago

yep, thank you for your comment
Shannon

8 Years Ago

So I wrote that comment after a long night of reading. I now read into it this need some people hav.. read more
Somnium

8 Years Ago

i try to think about how honest people can use their "earned" name of honesty or truthfulness for th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Added on February 28, 2016
Last Updated on February 28, 2016
Tags: fable, moral

Author

Somnium
Somnium

bronx, NY



About
i am an english and spanish literature major. i want to improve my grammar syntax and vocabulary in english through my stories. more..

Writing
Soledad Soledad

A Poem by Somnium