The selfish sheep.

The selfish sheep.

A Story by Sophster300
"

This is a short story about a sheep who runs away from home thinking that he would have a better quality of life, however, his luck runs out and he is made to spend the rest of his life alone.

"

The story of a sheep.

I’m running.  Running for my life, my freedom, my future.  The animal world is uncared for and abandoned...and its faith now lies in the hands of those humans who have the slightest bit of love left in their hearts for things other than themselves, and those numbers are dwindling rapidly.

But however hurt I feel, I still admire life for what it is, however many hurdles I have to jump, however many cobbles I am dragged against I learn to overcome my worries and try not to dwell on the past, and keep a straight face and hope that nice things will come as the future becomes the present.

As I reached the top of the field, my heart began to pound, could I really do this? Could I really leave my friends?  They had been so good to me, so nice and now I was leaving them. It made me feel like a person, who only cared about themselves, and gave no thought or care about anyone or anything else. I was ashamed of myself.

Jumping over the barbed-wire I entered the wild and un-explored, unaware of the dangers I now faced, now starting to realise that maybe my life hadn’t been so bad after all, I was fed, cared for when I was ill, protected from most predators, and was sheared when my wool was to long. I’d made a huge mistake.

Tree after tree after tree led me to the desolate opening I now had to call home. I wanted to go back but I couldn’t.  I had left because I thought I would have a better quality of life, a better experience of my time on earth, and I was wrong, my remaining years are limited, and I shall now spend them alone.

 

I'm lost. Lost in a world of uncertaincy and shattered dreams.  I have learnt something though, with selfishness comes unhappiness and foolishness.

© 2011 Sophster300


Author's Note

Sophster300
I wrote this when I was at Cwm Pennant, a beatiful mountain rock pool in Wales (That's also where I took the picture) :) x

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it's great

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 5, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011

Author

Sophster300
Sophster300

Warrington, United Kingdom



Writing