Lost Flower - Chapter Two

Lost Flower - Chapter Two

A Chapter by SparkleDora

I feel something on my shoulder... Like a hand.
Nevermind, I'll just continue sleeping.
"James... Wake up..."
"No, I'm sleeping..."
"Come on... Melissa is up."
I sigh and roll over to the edge of the bed. I see Elen smiling softly, and feel her hand stroking my shoulder. "Can I skip taking my medicine today?"
"No. You know you can't."
"But I don't feel good after I take it... All that it makes me able to do is sleep. Even talking gets difficult..."
"You have to take it, it's for your own good. Trust me." She helps me sit up. "You should take a shower, no offence."
I smile and get up. "Maybe later... What are we doing today?"
"Well, I've got a lot of s**t to clean and you guys can just hang out in the main room."
"Can we go outside? I haven't been outside in a while..." In a while... Or forever. I don't know if I still remember what grass feels like. Or if I pretty much remember anything that isn't inside this place. "That would be nice..."
"I'll try asking them. But the inside is pretty good too, you know. You have all of your friends there."
"Why can't I have them and be outside?"
"You can't have everything, ok?"
She helps me get up and walk to the sink. I start to wash up. The cold water feels perfect on my face... It wakes me up, and helps me prepare for the day.
And a day of doing nothing never ends good around here.
I finish and wipe my face, looking at my reflexion in the tiny mirror.
I like the fact that I look just like my sister. It doesn't make me manly, but it makes me happy. It's like I always have a piece of her with me. We almost have the same face and are about the same height. I'm a few cm taller, though. And our hairstyles are different. The same fringe, but the rest of her hair is longer, all the way to her elbows. Mine stops around 5 cm before the shoulders. Still, we both have lank flyaway hair, which makes it straight, thin and hard to keep in a tidy hairstyle. The color is different from most I've seen around here. It looks like a washed-up blonde.
I sigh and look at my dark green eyes. They look so heavy lately... Not clear and cheery as they used to be.
And then we have the pyjamas. We all always wore pyjamas. Mine were light blue with a picture of Spiderman, while my sister wore the girl version - pink with Barbie.
"You're really slow, you know that?", Elen's gravelly voice slices the silence. Elen's pretty short, around 150cm. Mel and me are slightly shorter. She has short blonde (she's not a natural blonde) frizzy hair, always tied in a high ponytail, leaving some strands to gently fall on the back of her neck. Her eyes are colored dark brown and her voice is rather... Not-likable. But she's really nice. "James, are you even listening to me?"
"Huh? What? Yes?"
She chuckles and opens the window in my room. Aaaah, fresh air~ "Run along now. The doctor is waiting."
A sigh escapes my lips and I go stand in the long line in front of the doctor's office.

'Why do I need medicine? I don't have problems, you're all imagining it.', I think to myself, waiting in line.

'I'm not in any way a threat to myself and others.' I clench my fists, starting to feel angry.

'I never hurt anyone, while you and your stupid medicine caused suicide!'

'It's not for my own good, is it? You just want to get rid of me because I don't have parents and you have to keep me here!'

'You're... You're the ones with problems!'

I angrily stomp my feet, yelling: "I want to go outside!"
The doctor comes out of his office to see what all the yelling is about. "James?", he asks, taking off and puting his glasses back on.
Elen comes out of one of the rooms. She quickly starts running over to me.
"I am perfectly normal!", I yell again, feeling my voice crack on the word 'normal'.
My breathing is heavier, my fists are clenched and I just want to hit something. But a tear slides down my cheek.
"Jamie, what's wrong?", Elen asks me, trying to make her voice sound less rough and more sweet.
"Nothing is wrong! Not with me at least!"
"Then why are you yelling?"
"Because I want. To go. Outside!" I stomp my feet again.
"You can do whatever you want after you take your medicine. Come on..." She gently takes my hand and starts taking me to the doctor.
I nod, my breathing slowing down.
But when I see his office... All the needles and drugs called 'medicine'...
'Grass must feel nice under bare feet', I hear someone saying.
"Yeah, it must be...", I answer, still cooling down.
'The sun must feel pretty nice shining on your face.'
"Yeah..."
"Who are you talking to, Jamie?", Elen asks me.
'She didn't ask anyone if you could go outside.'
"She didn't have time..."
'Funny how she never does.'
The doctor takes my medicine and holds it out, showing it to me. "Ready, James?"

"No..."

"What? Come on, it's just som-"
"No! I said no."
"James, there's nothing to be scared o-"
"No! No no no no no!" I yell and run outside of the office.
Everyone's staring at me.
The sad kids.
The scary kids.
The crazy kids.
I continue running to the main door, feeling everyone's stares on me.
Through the main door...
Through the main hall...
Through the front door...
And finally...
...Outside.
I throw myself on the grass, staring at the sky, feeling the sun warm up my face, breathing fresh air...
I close my eyes, enjoying in the moment.
I wish Mel was here, so she could enjoy this with me...
"Aaah~", I say, a wide smile appearing on my face. Nothing could make this bad.

"There he is! On the grass!"


© 2013 SparkleDora


Author's Note

SparkleDora
ignore grammar problems and please review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

161 Views
Added on January 21, 2013
Last Updated on January 21, 2013
Tags: mental hospital, hospital, mental, crazy, violent, medicine, window, grass


Author

SparkleDora
SparkleDora

Belgrade, Serbia



About
...Hi there. I'm SparkleDora, but you may call me Dora or Sparks. (Real name Teodora Mijatović, but let's just stick with the nicknames, ok?) I'm a 14 year old girl from Serbia that enjoys writi.. more..

Writing