Distorted Reality

Distorted Reality

A Poem by SparksLC
"

~Let's all find ways to live and grow in this jungle of life; for we can only push ourselves forward~

"

Reality….

Is a cold, trickling path

Discreetly laced with relentless failures and nearly impossible victories;

Set in place, for its travelers to painfully bear;

With a road that leads to chaos, and with which this chaos breeds a new form of humanity…

We are called The Animals.

Fighting, bleeding, and dying for survival.

Pushing and pulling desperately at the strings attached to our backs,

Hoping and praying someone will magically appear, and cut our fate bearing threads of life.

Forevermore we curse those with power, and at the same time we cling to them.

Wishing and pleading, that these oh, so powerful beings,

can heal our never-ending, anguish and turmoil.

And yet these beings, these God’s request remittance from their people.

Forever draining them of the precious life they held so tightly onto,  

Eternally controlled in a puppet master society,

Afraid to speak up, out, or against the string holders;

Fearful that if their inner most thoughts are heard,

They’ll lose what small bit of freedom they have left.

 these animals,

these BEASTS,

Are forever muted in fear,

Of this double-edged sword of reality.

And yet they still continue to grow.

© 2015 SparksLC


Author's Note

SparksLC
Hey all, I wrote this out of pure boredom while I was brainstorming for a chapter correction =) hope you all like it. Thank you for any views, and reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Terrific, I really liked it.
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful. I'm honestly at a loss for words, which doesn't happen very often so kudos!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Genius. If this was written out of complete boredom, I envy your dull moments. I like how you poetically expressed life's hypocrisy. Probably my fav so far.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very well done. You suck the reader into your world, and make us a part of this "reality". I liked it very much. Keep up the good work! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well versed. You are not only a very strong poet but an incredible story teller. I loved the beginning when you said "nearly impossible." it spoke to me as nothing is truly impossible so long as we believe. Nicely done!
MKLINE

Posted 12 Years Ago


Its like playing World of Warcraft with subtitles. Nice :)


Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a word crafters delight, I can fully relate the the rhythm as a reader and recognize the workings behind the flow of that of a hi caliber poet.
I completely enjoyed readeing this, you have talent, I hope your other poems are just as good :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


marionnettes..yes just the word I was looking for....kinda like the OOD in Dr.Who...

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is terrific, you have deceived me with your compliments. outstanding word use and excellent theme. great write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2015
Tags: life, determination

Author

SparksLC
SparksLC

=), TX



About
Hey everyone, I am an aspiring young writer and I've been working on writing a few books, and some poetry over the years. I've been with WC for quite some time now, and though I haven't been as active.. more..

Writing
Prism Prism

A Poem by SparksLC


Desperation Desperation

A Book by SparksLC



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..