Journey Through Hell

Journey Through Hell

A Poem by SparksLC
"

~How the wonders of life amaze me, and yet how they disappoint me so~

"

Welcome to my mystery

Shrouded full of lies and deceit.

Antagonizing and oh so manipulative,

That’s right,

Welcome to my world.

There’s no cotton candy here,

No softly spoken comforters.

My world is full of truth.

So rich, bold, and beautiful.

So agonizingly gorgeous, that I’m stuck here

Crying myself to sleep.

Consistent days of loneliness,

Never-ending unhappiness,

Is there anything else that can go wrong?

“Talk to me”, I scream

"LISTEN to me”, I plead

But in a world so full of untruth, who is there left to hear me?

Who is traveling through the muck and slime,

Still trying to make their way through,

This consumable hell.

The light of falsehood, shines brightly above my head.

Where’s the honesty?

 Where’s the truth?

In this lost and abandoned world of mine….

Where is the life?

Covered by such a unrecognizable darkness,

Forever hidden beneath the clouds,

Are the desires of truth that we seek.

So breathe,

And just inhale it.

For there is no alternative solution,

Whilst dining in such a hell.

© 2015 SparksLC


Author's Note

SparksLC
Hey all! I wrote this after being inspired/ listening to some OneRepublic. It's pretty dismal and dark but I like the way it turned out. Thanks for any reviews/view =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
"No softly spoken comforters.
My world is full of truth."
Definitely my favorite excerpt from the piece. Good work on this on, Nitrate. The vivid imagery and emotion are so intense in this one I think I felt like I was actually stuck in this hellhole with your narrator while I read it. I love how early on we're told there's nothing but the truth but later the narrator is searching for the truth, as if he doesn't want THAT truth, he wants his own. That's so representative of humankind because honestly who wants to hear nothing but the whole truth? We all want our illusions fed.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked the honest, bitter tone and the sarcasm (if I'm reading this right) in "so rich, bold, and beautiful"-the truth you (or the speaker) has found is unsatisfactory, and not actually beautiful at all, but hopeless. I struggled with this too, and often still do, but I put my hope in Jesus Christ, and that changes everything.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It is dark and dismal - the writing is well done, It flows easily..
It also speaks the truth for many people.. the questions are legitimate .. the answers ? I don't know.
I enjoyed this and the passion it holds.

Chloe

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hmm
I just loved the first six lines, so powerful "There's no cotton candy here" I loved thst part. This is so deeply personal once again. I like teh way you write. You express yoru feelings so openly. Nicely done! 100/100

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it does only see the dark..but there is so muc htruth if one does not look forit in hell or here which.....IMHO is just here...seek your spirtual body ..your Astral one...there in lies truth...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is really raw

Posted 12 Years Ago


phenomenal write, your absolute best to date! (that i've read) guess i'll have to visit your pages more often!

Posted 12 Years Ago


dark write but so well expressed.
enjoyable read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I appreciate your dark poems, very much so. I find it wonderful how you can tap into this cynical vibe, which is so refreshingly realistic. I can always relate to the internal battles of your works. You tell a torturous story of daily life so effortlessly and smoothly. I have to check out One Republic now :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
"No softly spoken comforters.
My world is full of truth."
Definitely my favorite excerpt from the piece. Good work on this on, Nitrate. The vivid imagery and emotion are so intense in this one I think I felt like I was actually stuck in this hellhole with your narrator while I read it. I love how early on we're told there's nothing but the truth but later the narrator is searching for the truth, as if he doesn't want THAT truth, he wants his own. That's so representative of humankind because honestly who wants to hear nothing but the whole truth? We all want our illusions fed.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2015
Tags: life, lies

Author

SparksLC
SparksLC

=), TX



About
Hey everyone, I am an aspiring young writer and I've been working on writing a few books, and some poetry over the years. I've been with WC for quite some time now, and though I haven't been as active.. more..

Writing
Prism Prism

A Poem by SparksLC


Desperation Desperation

A Book by SparksLC



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..