Safety

Safety

A Poem by Sparky15:)

Tears threaten to fall. The knife slices through me. I want to yell out for help, yet it is impossible. An overwhelming sense of loss and hopelessness washes over me. Though I try to fight, I’ve lost the strength. It washes me out to sea, I’m begging for help and no one hears my plea. If only I had been better, if only, if only! Hopes and dreams vanish like smoke, try to catch them and they fly away. Save me from this pain, let me cry. Force out my tears and anxieties. Reach out your hand for me to grab. I need help, but my screams are silenced by the roar of the waves. Where am I? Terror seizes my heart. Dread fills my being; I’m becoming a shell of fear and despair. Motivation, jubilation, all of it gone, an unwillingly made sacrifice. The rope I grab onto slips through my fingers, all I can think to do is keep thrashing about in the slightest chance there is something, somewhere to save me. Pull me out of the dark, harsh, despairing waters that fill my soul and steal away the happy thoughts. Chances to sink down to the bottom with every crashing wave. I beg of thee to save me! My cries for help must be heard, no longer ignored. I feel as though I’m sinking, I’m in need of a life raft, is there anyone? How shall I overcome? The waves pound me down, there is no way out. I open my soul, tears falling; overtaking my control, there is no way out, sobbing, praying, and watching for a light. The sudden strong gusts of wind carry my plea, still they do not hear. Panic fills me, a pounding heart, a body non-responsive, a mind with only one small flicker of hope left. I reach to the heavens, the waters calm. I float, terrified to do anything else. The sun breaks free, a strong, sure hand pulling me up and out to safety. Arms around me filling my being with warmth. Love makes me whole once more. I am free.

© 2011 Sparky15:)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on December 22, 2011
Last Updated on December 22, 2011

Author

Sparky15:)
Sparky15:)

El Dorado, KS



About
I am currently studying Mass Communications. I write for my college paper, have been on my high school yearbook and newspaper staff. In fact, I re-started my high school newspaper. I enjoy writing and.. more..

Writing
Together Together

A Poem by Sparky15:)


Catch Me Catch Me

A Poem by Sparky15:)