I'd like to be better...

I'd like to be better...

A Poem by NovaeSpes
"

I needed to remind myself.

"

I’d like to be better…

I’d like to be strong.

 I’d like to be brave.

 I’d like for everyone to think I can handle things on my own,

Despite all this in reality I’m not.

 I’m beyond terrified.

 I’m terrified that I won’t go far in life. 

I’m petrified that i’ll fall in love and my heart will never be the same. 

I’m shaken at the thought of people seeing my mistakes.

I’m frozen in fear by the thought that someday i’ll give up on life and become hopeless.

I’m anxious that I’ll stop caring about me and hate who I’ll become.

Even though I am this panicked I know that I’ll be okay. Deep down I know I’m strong enough to do what I have to do to make a life worth living.  I know that I’ll have people in my life that’ll be strong with me. I’m smiling because I know that in a world like ours I’m not  trapped in this state of being afraid alone. Someone out there, Someone will or does cares about me. More than anyone I’ll ever have met they’ll really truly care about me. This thought will keep me going for now. The thought of someone out there is just as terrified as I am and maybe we'll cross path's and we'll be scared together maybe as lovers maybe as best friends. 

© 2015 NovaeSpes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice write , you are strong don't doubt urself

Posted 6 Years Ago


The whole poem expresses the Poet's strong will and faith in her own abilities... It kind of speaks of pep talk to our own mind and reflects positive vibes... We are stronger than we think, and we have all the tools to live a life we want to live... Excellent work!!!

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2015
Last Updated on August 1, 2015
Tags: better, inspire, selfhate, smile, fear

Author

NovaeSpes
NovaeSpes

MA



About
I used to write, but I gave up. I'm slowly trying to find that passion again or maybe that motive to write? I really want to read what other people have, I love getting to see the creativity and t.. more..

Writing
Unspoken Words Unspoken Words

A Chapter by NovaeSpes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..