Painful Wish

Painful Wish

A Poem by NovaeSpes

     A young girl, age twelve, her eyes red and swollen, she sits cross legged on the edge of the field staring into the small creak before her. Twelve years old and she knows the dread of an angry mother, she knows the pain of a fist, 
 
     Her face tear stained and bleeding, she tightly grips a piece of paper in her delicate hands. her eyes shut tight, gripping to the paper for dear life. She begins rocking back and forth whispering a single wish over and over, as if the harder she rocked the more it'd come true.
     She slowly opens her eyes and leans to the creak, she places the paper into the water and watches the scribbled words float away. "Take me away, I want to be happy, Take me away." the scribbled paper begin to fade away into the distance.  

© 2017 NovaeSpes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel the emotions you have written....

Posted 2 Years Ago


Reality mirrored images... the words captured other events witnessed... life as we survive it.

Posted 3 Years Ago


When we can't find the answers inside we look to some higher power. Despite some grammar issues, I could see everything you said in my mind. Sorry to see no one has reviewed this being it's so good.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2017
Last Updated on September 23, 2017

Author

NovaeSpes
NovaeSpes

MA



About
I used to write, but I gave up. I'm slowly trying to find that passion again or maybe that motive to write? I really want to read what other people have, I love getting to see the creativity and t.. more..

Writing
Unspoken Words Unspoken Words

A Chapter by NovaeSpes