A Mother's Testimony

A Mother's Testimony

A Story by Ladyminista
"

About a struggling single mother who is t her last end. Only the Lord could intervene now.

"

A single mother of three was watching her children play. At the same time, she would look down at the disconnect notices on the kitchen table. She had just got laid off from her job. The children were so happy and content. They didn't have a care in the world! They wasn't happy because they had their favorite toy. They wasn't even happy because they had a whole lot to eat, but because they loved their mother. Each one would do a dance or tumble on top of the other and say "look mommy." The single mother would smile just keep from crying in front of them.

So the single mother decided to put them to bed a little earlier than usual. She closed their room door in fear that they would hear her crying. She took out her bible and flipped the pages to her favorite scripture 1 Corinthians 10:13. It read, There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Lord, I have been faithful to you since my last child! She said with tears rolling down her eyes. I have abstained from sex, drugs, and the alcohol! But Lord, I just can't take this any more! The single mother proceeded to put on her jacket and leave the apartment.just when she had opened the door, she felt a tug on her pants. It was her 7 year old son asking her where she was going. She told her son that she was going outside for some air, then she told him to go back to bed. As soon as the bedroom door closed, she started back out the front door. This time when she opened the door, her mother was standing there with five bags of groceries and a message. Mama brought the groceries in and started putting them away. She looked at her daughter and said, " I was on my way home when The Lord put you in my Spirit and oh yes! Before I forget. A man called about a job application you had put in. He want you to call him first thing in the morning." The single mother dropped to her knees and began to weep. She told her mother that she was about to go back out in the streets to make some money. Mama gave Her a hug and whispered in her ear, "He will never leave you, nor forsake you but He will be with you even until the end of the earth."At that moment her faith was restored!

© 2013 Ladyminista


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So I take it in her desperation she was tempted to sell herself? This is very inspiring and a story I'm sure many can be encouraged by. Very tender short story Ladyminista.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shirlena

10 Years Ago

So will you be reading one of my poems as well?
Ladyminista

10 Years Ago

I will be. Yes ma'am.
Shirlena

10 Years Ago

Thank you Ms lady Minista :)
This short story tells the tale of every struggling single mother. Her faith is restored after her mother stops by her house one evening. Take a moment to read, as this young ladies faith is strengthen.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

493 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 22, 2013
Last Updated on October 22, 2013
Tags: Testimony, mother

Author

Ladyminista
Ladyminista

Anderson, SC



About
I'm married with two children. I am a published author. I love to write short stories. I am also a full-time student. more..

Writing
I Choose I Choose

A Poem by Ladyminista


Stronger Stronger

A Poem by Ladyminista