Ecstasy Levels at Sundown

Ecstasy Levels at Sundown

A Poem by Dandy in the Underworld
"

About a boy and our life back home in Colorado.

"
Our meetings together begin as they end, with quivering lips outside my car.
When I see you I reconsider my perception that I can only reciprocate affection to my mirrored reflection.
You stare me in the eye afraid to look away
Fearing I’ll loose the essence of your hair, you face, that funny little way you stand with your chest pressed to mine, I stare back making a mockery of myself
Making a fool of myself
Making you see,
You see,
Making you, You, see right through me.
Once you gave me a book of erotic poetry�"Poetry just to laugh at me and the physical reaction I can’t hide.
I don’t want you to feel what’s deep within me.
I just want to feel you deep inside me.
Deep with in me.
Your cold lips like glass slide against mine.
And I? I think only of your a*s in those tight blue jeans that your mother�"your sad-faced mother�"bought you on your nineteenth birthday.
Ecstasy levels at sundown with the dance clubs and ignored phone calls reminding me, reminding me, you’re gay.

© 2010 Dandy in the Underworld


Author's Note

Dandy in the Underworld
Nothing too good. Written in late 2009, after spending one magical day with my best friend faded. It's a summary of hormones out of control, misguided affection and how there are just somethings a person can't change about another despite mad chemistry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm entranced by the looking glass metaphor sketch~ I read your note underneath the poem~ so I understand the movement behind the creation~
in personalizing it I visualized an exotic little geisha Alice in unwonderland falling through the illusions of self perception into a grotto with reality of hearts unwinding~but that's my crazy mind~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

SO good!

Girl, you are a poet with a capital P!

Posted 13 Years Ago


it reminded me of Morrissey. The awkwardness of affection, relationships and alienation. Combined with the energy and memories of friendship and heartbreaking farewells.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm entranced by the looking glass metaphor sketch~ I read your note underneath the poem~ so I understand the movement behind the creation~
in personalizing it I visualized an exotic little geisha Alice in unwonderland falling through the illusions of self perception into a grotto with reality of hearts unwinding~but that's my crazy mind~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 16, 2010
Last Updated on June 16, 2010

Author

Dandy in the Underworld
Dandy in the Underworld

Greenwood, IN



About
On a hot day in 1990 a happening in Denver changed the course of history. In to the world came a flaming star child, crying and screaming, never ceasing, never blinding to the harsh light of reality... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Trestles Trestles

A Poem by Robin