Parting Song

Parting Song

A Poem by Ankita Dwivedi
"

i am not me , you are not you .

"
Wind is sailing and so is time 
I am your foe and you are mine.
Put a knife at my throat,
 I will see how neat you strike .
I will be quicker still,
 with  my fingers and the knife .
This  is "the" life.
Lips  soaked in Crimson,
 hearts in Vengeance.
Let us wait for the perfect radiance of yellow 
to Spill hundred colours through the spectrum of Clouds .
Let me hold your hand
 and watch the sunset 
and then I will help you find ways to fit.
Our hearts  in a sack ,
the voice of our souls crack .
Now,  I am wrapped in black.
 The Voices echo in the hallways of our vien.
 The toxicity of treachery rules our reign .
I am frozen in snow, 
you are burning in fire .
I will wait for the fuel to be gone
 and then, I will sing you a parting song.

© 2020 Ankita Dwivedi


Author's Note

Ankita Dwivedi
Feel the words, and tell me where they take you ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem is beautiful, it pulls you from burning, sparking hot, to freezing, icy cold. You managed to give out the feelings, both physically and mentally, as if warming up then cooling down. It gives off being absolutely furious and hateful, to being cool and collected. The sunset adds so much and this whole entire poem feels orange, which I love.

I am frozen in snow,
you are burning in fire .
I will wait for the fuel to be gone
and then, I will sing you a parting song.

This is so beautiful, telling us that fire is temporary- it's far better to be cool and calm, then be furious and angry. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful words!


Posted 2 Years Ago


Ankita Dwivedi

2 Years Ago

it's a relief to know what i painted on the screen emitted right back to your wonderful self ! thank.. read more
for sure one feels
the fire and ice
running through
the deepest part
as the nsrrator tells
of raw and powerful
emotions played out
within these lines

an intense piece
s o well expressed

nice work





Posted 3 Years Ago


Ankita Dwivedi

3 Years Ago

Thank you for your amazing words ..and visting me here ..
:) Love, Ankita
Just as ever outstanding.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Ankita Dwivedi

3 Years Ago

Hey there friend! i am really happy that you're here .welcome to writer's cafe ..This is a lovely an.. read more
Anomitra Sarkar

3 Years Ago

Sure I will
The back and forth between hot and cold, love and hate, gentle touch and killing blow is like looking at both sides of the coin called passion. Very real, raw and powerful.

Posted 3 Years Ago


"Feel the words, and tell me where they take you ?"

Hmmm?
This amazingly powerful Free Style composition is so highly charged with thought, emotion, and the sheer sensations of aggressive confrontation and sorrow, that's going to be a tall order, Lady Ankita, for me to gather all of my deep-felt reactions into coherent expression, but because you asked, I'll give You my best effort to do so.
To begin, "i am not me , you are not you .", required no small amount of effort to grasp the full impact of its meaning, and don't laugh, but I took it to emphasize that none of us are who we believe we are, or, perhaps, who we pretend to be.
Through the wonder of your poetical skills, you’ve posed a dangerous, deadly dare to one seen as a threat, or foe, if you will.
Wonderfully rendered, Ankita, you never fail to amaze me how creative and original your mind and imagination work and make your poems dance and sing upon the page.
Fantastic title, Poetess, and your final two lines will haunt me, I'm sure, are precisely the masterful ending one would expect from You. : )

Another stunner from your sparkling ink, I’m ever-so grateful you’ve shared this rather complex, but ingenious work with us … I bow! ⁓ Richard 🍃

Posted 3 Years Ago


Ankita Dwivedi

3 Years Ago

Good God, you do leave me speechless... You give me top much credit, my friend.. Really glad my wo.. read more
Richard🖌

3 Years Ago

Smile*
Anytime I leave You speechless, I know I've worked a miracle. ; )
You're so ver.. read more
This poem is maybe about the fatal attraction between two people at war and such things as indicated in the poem ususally lead to destruction mutually. The references to te colour black, crimson and the knife at the throat reflect big time on a lot of conflict in the writers mind here and maybe the duel is a life-changing one. You have a lot of imagination and some great way with words as I can see from this piece. If this is real, I say happy resolution of your conflicts and if it is imaginary then I say very convincing.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I am speechless. Your words are so very poignant and the description of conflict of this magnitude precise and swift much like your fingers hitting the keyboard of your computer as the battle unfolds. It starts out powerfully and then ends almost gently with each parting breath. Excellent!

Posted 3 Years Ago


I wonder how many people at the very end realised they were betrayed.
History must be littered with it.
Modern day betrayal must be the mobile phone. Texts you didn't delete, tracking by sneaky girlfriends.
I always work on the theory there's a Brutus around every corner. Now, the question is. Are women more treacherous than men.

Posted 3 Years Ago




... more treachery and treason .. it must be treason season ....
... Neville

Posted 3 Years Ago


Ankita Dwivedi

3 Years Ago

oh! treason season sounds sensual to me lol,,i think it's my stupid brain..thanks for visiting , swe.. read more
Neville

3 Years Ago


... my pleasure entirely my friend :)
' Let us wait for the perfect radiance of yellow - to Spill hundred colours through the spectrum of Clouds '. What a phrase that is.. way off the scale yet hugs it close to the mind.

Why is it that disagreements frequently display irrational and erratic thoughts from both sides of the 'battle? Emotions seem to be battered as if only peace can or should reighn"! Candour is considered wrong.. as your poem infers.. where the woman needs stand her ground.. not allowed however! ' Let me hold your hand - and watch the sunset - and then I will help you find ways to fit.'

You really know how to speak from poetry, little seems to pass your glance or understanding.. great poem, set better than well because your words beckon thought. Take care, keep safe, please.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Ankita Dwivedi

3 Years Ago

many thanks for your good words and vist , dear Emma. You are one of the warmest people at cafe i ha.. read more
emmajoy

3 Years Ago

Thank you, Ankita, but said what i felt. Keep smiling, please.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 1, 2020
Last Updated on September 1, 2020
Tags: hate, betrayl, today, greed, hypocrisy, peace

Author

Ankita Dwivedi
Ankita Dwivedi

Noida, Utttar pradesh, India



About
Hey guys!! read my poetry and do give your reviews. I need your support. I really hope that it will lead every individual to find something they felt at some point, a feeling they thought were alien... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Underwater Underwater

A Poem by DIVYA


Heaven Heaven

A Poem by lightsong


Slant Slant

A Poem by DIVYA





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5