Completed: Chapter 1 Part 2 "Excitement and Irritation"

Completed: Chapter 1 Part 2 "Excitement and Irritation"

A Story by Nariko
"

part 2 of Chapter 1

"

After a few minutes of thinking hard about what Kenshin said to Eiko. She remembered about her unfinished homework. Eiko went back to her room and opened her book bag. She started to take notebooks and pencils out. She put them on her desk and said to herself, “I won't worry much about what Kenshin said and let's get this homework started!"


Eiko worked on her homework for a few hours. Eiko leaned her head on the table and said in a weary voice, “Finally done!” She took a glimpse of her clock. The screen of the clock had the numbers 7:30 pm. She got up from her desk. She walked away from her desk and stretched her arms out. She said,“Wow I can’t believe it’s already 7:30. I should take a bath before dinner is ready.” She took a towel and some clothes from her drawer. She strolled in her bathroom.


An hour later, she comes out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her head. She walk up to a mirror and begin to tie her hair into a ponytail. Eiko intensely stares at the mirror and starts squishing her cheeks. There was a knock on the door. It made her jump. Two voices cried out, “Big Sis! Mommy and Daddy are home!” She replied, “Coming!” She walks out of her room to the kitchen. Eiko welcomes her parents back home. Her mom said in a cheery voice,“We bought take out for dinner~ Eiko, can you please get the table ready for me?”


Eiko nods and proceeds to set the table for dinner. She places plates, napkins, and eating utensils on the table enough for six people. Eiko’s mom puts the takeout food on everyone’s plates. Kenshin walks into the dining room. Everyone starts to take a seat and eat dinner.


Her mom looks at her children and asks causally, “So…how’s everyone’s day?” Eiko replies in a monotone voice, “Same as always.” Kenshin replies the same as Eiko. Her mom felt a little disappointed and replied with, “Oh…” It became awkwardly silent for a long minute.


The twins break the ice with their loud pitch voices. “Mommy, we want to talk about our day!”


Their mom’s face starts to light up by their words. She replies with her cheerful tone, “I would love to hear both of your days but start one at a time. Fumiko can go first, then Shinji.” Fumiko’s eyes sparked and said in an excited voice, “Today we had a transfer student! The teacher assigned us to show him around the school. And we ended up becoming friends! We even shared lunch together. Right Shinji?” Shinji nodded and said, “He was a nice guy and we had a lot in common.” Their mom nodded in joy and sighed when she looked at Eiko and Kenshin.



“Why don’t you two talk about school much? Is school that uninteresting?” Eiko started to stop eating and put down her spoon. She replied, “It’s not that. There’s really nothing for me to talk about for school. That’s all.” Kenshin nodded and said, “Me too.” Their dad patted his wife’s shoulder.


He said, “It’s fine honey. We can always find another thing to talk about.” Their mom looked up and stared into her husband’s eyes.


“You’re right! Let me think…hm… we can talk about.. Ah! I know! Why not love?”


Everyone started to feel awkward and continued eating their dinner in silence. Their mom squints her eyes and points at Eiko. She called out her name and asked in anticipation, “Does my little Eiko, have someone she’s in love with?”


Eiko gets up from her table and starts to get flustered. “M-mom! What kind of question is that?!” Her mom giggles and said, “Look at her getting all embarrassed about it” Her dad exclaimed, “What?! Eiko, you have a boyfriend?” Eiko yells, “Of course not, why are you asking me this sort of question?”


Her mom said in a childish tone, “Cause~ you’re the only one in the family who hasn’t fallen in love with anyone yet.” She said in a frustrated tone, “Who cares about that! Love is stupid! I will never fall in love with anyone. I will be single till my grave!”


Their mom gasped, “Love isn’t stupid! It’s lovely.” Eiko folded her arms and turned her face away from her mom.


Kenshin becomes shocked and said, “W-wait, mom you just said that Eiko is the only who hasn’t fallen in love yet. Which means… Fumiko and Shinji both have someone they are in love with?!” Their mom nodded, “That’s right. Didn’t I tell you before?”


Their dad’s jaw dropped. “What?! Since when did this happened? How long has this happened?” Their mom said, “Like a few months ago.” Their dad sighed, “My little children are growing up so fast. Soon they are all going to move out with their significant others and I will be all lonely. Daddy is so sad.” His wife said, “Honey, you still have me” Her husband replied with, “B-but it’s not the same without our children.”


The twins went over to try to comfort their dad. Fumiko said, “Don’t worry Daddy, I promise I will visit you as often as I can, even when I get married and live far away.” Shinji nodded and said,“We promise.” Their dad looked at them and patted their heads. “You two are so sweet, but it's fine. Daddy understands.”


Eiko rolled her eyes “Jeez dad, you are being too dramatic and emotional over this. It’s not even time yet. We are still living in this house with you. There’s still a lot of time left and besides I am not going to marry anyone. So don’t worry about seeing me being gone.” She walks out of the kitchen back to her room.


Her dad said in a worried tone, “I- I know. I am just worried about the future.” Kenshin stands up from his chair. He said, “You know, dad?” His dad looks at him. He said, “You should believe in us a little more. I know we will be fine. So don’t be such a worrywart and watch over us.” He walks out of the kitchen.


His dad starts tearing up a little. “My precious children!” Eiko can hear the murmurs coming from the kitchen and their dad being overjoyed about what his children said. She smiled and turned on her computer. She put her headset on and clicked on an icon on the computer screen.



A screen popped up with the words “Conqueror” She moved her mouse to press start and a loading bar showed up. It slowly filled up to a hundred percent. She passed some levels. A final boss approached. Her health points were decreasing rapidly. Eiko yelled in frustration at the screen, “Damn it! This monster is so hard. I’m level 70. How is it possible that I can’t defeat this monster?! I am a higher level and all those hours I put into training!”


She paused the game and leaned back on her chair. She sighed. “Maybe I could only beat this boss if I had a friend who can accompany me. But I don’t have any friends who play this game. I am going to lose again. I will just have to accept my loss and train even harder.” She went back to her game and her health was critically low. She thought in her head “Oh no, it’s all over. I am going to lose the next turn.” She shut her eyes, waiting for the game’s announcer to say “Game over” But at that split second the announcer said, “Congratulations, you win!” She opened her eyes slowly and saw her screen.


She gasped in surprise and squealed in joy. “But how did I win? It was the boss’s turn. He could have easily finished me off.” A notification popped on her screen that read new message. “A new message? I wonder who this is from. ” A male warrior avatar with the username Hajime. There was a chat bubble that appeared on top of the warrior’s head.


It said,” Hey Emiko, Want to be friends? I saw you had a tough time with the boss. I decided to help you after seeing how good your skills were. It would be a shame to see you lose, after you were so close in defeating one of the hardest bosses in this game. I send you a link of the last few seconds I defeated the boss for you.”


Eiko clicked on the link and became amused. “Wow, he’s pretty good. And he’s level 95?! , this is no surprise on how he defeated it. He even defeated it with a critical with one of the most powerful moves

n this game.” She accepted his friend request and typed, “Thanks for being my friend. I appreciate it. I don’t have any friends in this game. But it’s amazing that I’m friends with someone who’s a higher level than me and has great skills! You’re way better than me.”


Hajime typed back, “Nah. Don’t doubt yourself. You’re pretty amazing yourself. When I fought this boss, I barely defeated it. I was level 80 at that time. But you were so close at defeating it by just one health point. And looking at your stats. It’s almost even to mine.”


Eiko replied back, “No need to be modest. I admire your skills. Do you think we can be battle partners?” He typed, “Sure. We can be battle partners. I bet we will make a good team. I have friends in this game but most of them cheat or aren’t strong enough to be my battle partner. So it would be nice to have you as my battle partner.”


Eiko smiled after reading his message and replied, “Great! We can start fighting battles together tomorrow. I got school tomorrow. It’s time for me to sleep. So good night.”


He replied “Oh? I have school tomorrow too. Well good night. See you tomorrow!” Eiko typed back “See you tomorrow!”


She logged off and jumped into her bed. She shouted with joy, “Yay! My first friend on Conqueror and he’s my battle partner. I can’t wait till tomorrow! I’m so happy. I can’t believe he’s a student too. I thought he might be an adult.” She quickly covered her mouth. “I can’t yell or else I will wake everyone up. I wonder what time it is.”


She looked at the time. It read, “11:30 pm” Eiko said to herself, “Oh I should sleep.” She closed the lights and went to bed.


The next morning, Eiko got ready for school. She made toast, woke up her siblings to get ready for school, and woke up her parents. She took a piece of toast and grabbed her school bag. She ate her

toast on the way to the train station. While waiting for the train to come, she took out her iPod and put her headphones on. The train came in a few minutes. She board the train and stared at the window.


After 20 minutes, an announcement from the train conductor interrupted her thoughts. “We are at Shinjuku Station. Passengers, please get off the train if this is your stop. I repeat, we are at Shinjuku Station. Please get off the train if this is your stop.”


Eiko gets off the train and walks out of the train station. She continues walking to school and takes off her headphones. She puts her iPod back into her bag. Suddenly, someone pats Eiko’s shoulder. Eiko turned around and sees her best friend Rie. Rie greeted her, “Good morning Eiko!” Eiko greeted her back and grinned a big smile.


Rie became a little surprised of her unusual cheerfulness “What’s up with you? I never saw you this happy before. What happened yesterday?” She happily said, “Well I made my first friend on Conqueror and my first battle partner. He helped me defeated one of the hardest bosses and is level 95! How amazing is that?!”


Rie’s smile disappeared. She became a little disappointed. “Oh it’s just about your game. I thought it was going to be something more exciting but just the usual.”


She let out an awkward laugh and said, “I’m sorry Rie. I just wanted to share the news with you.” Rie looked at her. She said, “don’t worry. I like seeing you be all happy talking about your game.” Eiko exclaimed, “Really?! Thanks! I feel the same way.”


Rie smiled and poked her fingers together. “I have some news I want to share with you, Eiko.” Eiko tilted her head and asked, “What is it?” Rie began to blush “Well I’m planning to confess to Hiroyuki.”

Eiko’s expression changed. She said in an annoyed tone, “Oh him. The d****e.” She folded her arms and gritted her teeth. Rie sighed. “Don’t call him a d****e. He’s not as bad as you think he is. Why do you dislike him so much? Everyone likes him”


She became more irritated “Just because someone is likeable to almost everyone doesn’t mean every single person will like them. And I have good reasons why I don’t like him.”


Rie said sarcastically, “Oh really? Tell me those good reasons.” She said, “Well he always has that smug face around me. It’s like he likes pissing me off. When I lose in games, he rubs it in. And he just makes my skin crawl. I don’t get why you are attracted to such a vulgar guy.”


Eiko’s words made Rie a little angry. She yelled, “He’s not vulgar! He’s handsome, cool, kind, and reliable. He gets along with everyone and he helps anyone in need.” Eiko rolls her eyes and in a sarcastic tone, “Yeah sure. He’s so kind.”


Rie sighed “You will never understand. Try to see that there’s more to what you think he is.” Eiko said, “I don’t even want to bother understanding that d****e.”       


A voice called out, “Oh? So you’re calling me a d****e now?”

© 2020 Nariko


Author's Note

Nariko
Ignore grammar problems,and give me a review of what do you think of it?,or is it interesting?This is Part 2 of Chapter 1.Thank you for waiting patiently for part 2 of chapter 1.I hoped you liked it and please be patient for Part 3 of Chapter 1.I will try my best to post it as soon as I can.I guarantee you it will get better the next part and so on.Thank you for those who viewed my summary of this story.I was happy by the views but I wanted a some reviews.So,please review!I don't mind if it's negative or positive.I will be glad that people take notice of it.Thank you for wasting your time on this story!Sorry if I type a lot.well,thank you again!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey everyone, sorry I took a long time to publish this. I tried my best to edit chapter 1 part 2. I know it's not as good as the previous part. The reason why it took me so long to post this chapter because I didn't had the motivation to write. But I am trying my best to get back into it. Hope you all enjoy it and look forward to part 3! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

568 Views
1 Review
Added on April 14, 2014
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: romance, anime-like story, gamers, comedy, highschool students, family, friends, conflict, some cursing words, anime

Author

Nariko
Nariko

New york, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I like to watch anime,and read manga.I want to try posting some anime stories online.I wrote some stories myself but I don't let people read my stories because I think it's horrible.I would like to kn.. more..

Writing