Completed Chapter 3: "Seeing in a new light"

Completed Chapter 3: "Seeing in a new light"

A Story by Nariko
"

Chapter 3 of Completed

"

Eiko ran out of the train and rushed home. She slam the gates and open the door. She threw her shoes onto the floor. Her twin siblings rushed to greet her but Eiko gently brushed them off. She said, “Sorry ,but I need some time for myself.” She goes to her room and slams the door. The twins look at each other in concern. Fumiko said, “I hope Eiko is alright.” Shinji patted her head and said, “She probably had a bad day. Let’s leave her alone for now. We can talk to her later.” They headed back to their room.



Eiko throws her book bag towards the wall. She slides her back on her door and sits on the floor. She smacks the floor with her fist. She begins to slowly say, “damn it… damn it.. Damn it.. DAMN IT!!! DAMN IT!!!!!!”. She gritted her teeth and her eyes filled with frustration. She yells, “How did I lose to him again?!! I couldn’t even beat him for Rie. He hurted Rie. That damn b*****d!!!” She lays on the floor and stares at the ceiling. She slowly started to calm herself. She tells herself, “I shouldn’t get frustrated on a guy like him! He’s not worth my time. I just gotta practice more till I beat him one day!”


She sits in her chair and turns on her computer. She smiles and say, “Time to release some stress with Conqueror!” She puts her headphones on and cracks her knuckles. She spends an hour fighting many monsters and leveling up. After she fought some monsters, there was a notification.



It said, “Hajime is now online.” She receives a message. The message said, “Good afternoon Emiko. How was your day?” Eiko thought to herself, “He immediately messaged me the moment he got online. That’s nice of him.” She types and replies, “My day was okay. How was yours?” He replies quickly, “Why was your day okay? Did something happen?” Eiko replied, “School is just meh. I had a small incident at school but it’s not a big deal.” He replied, “Ah I see. Well if you ever feel like talking about it, I am here to listen.”



Eiko replied, “ I appreciate that your concern but it’s really nothing. I’m just going to release my stress slaying monsters and bosses.”  Hajime typed back, “I understand. Would you like me to join you to slay some bosses together?” Eiko replied, “Sure. That would be fun! :)” They fought monsters and bosses for a while. It was time for Eiko to go to sleep. Eiko looked at her clock and it was 11:30 pm. She messaged Hajime, “It’s getting late. I appreciate you accompanying me today. Sorry I kept you on for a while. I was having too much fun with you.” Hajime said, “I was also having a lot fun too. We should both go to bed. Good night Emiko! I hope things are better tomorrow.”  Eiko said, “I am glad that you feel the same way! Good night Hajime!” Eiko logged off and prepared herself for bed.


The next morning, Eiko went inside the classroom. She sat in her seat. She stared out of the window and layed her cheek on her left hand. Rie enters the classroom and sits next to Eiko. She became hesitant and wondered if she should talk to Eiko. She mustered up some courage and tap Eiko’s shoulder. Eiko turns to face Rie.



Eiko looks at her and said, “Do you need to something?” Rie looks down on her desk and said quietly, “I’m sorry about yesterday.” Eiko blinks and ask her, “Why are you apologizing for?” Her hands slowly form into fists. She mumbles, “For making you upset.” Eiko pats her back and said softly, “There’s no need to apologize for that. It’s normal for me to be upset because you’re my best friend. I care a lot about you, Rie.” After hearing Eiko’s words, Rie starts to feel relieved.



She smiled and said, “I’m glad that you’re not upset at me anymore. Also.. about Hiroyuki…”

Eiko starts to frown upon hearing his name and grunted. She said annoyed, “Yeah? What about him?” Rie looks into Eiko’s eyes and said, “He apologized to me.” Eiko’s eyes widened in surprise. She was speechless for a moment. She grabbed Rie’s shoulders and began to shake her. She yelled, “IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE?!! Are you sure you weren’t hearing things?!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS????” Rie nodded and started to get dizzy. She said, “Can you stop shaking me? I am getting dizzy!” She apologized and asked, “What did he said?” Rie thought about what happened yesterday and remembered what Hiroyuki said about Eiko. Eiko looked at her seriously and demanded an answer. She said, “He said that there was a reason why he was harsh with his rejection. And he said sorry because he wanted to.”



Eiko makes a strange face. She squints her eyes and pushes her upper lip in the air. Rie looks at her and said, “What’s with that face?” She sighs and said, “I can imagine him clearly saying that. What makes me a bit annoyed is he usually follows the rules of our games. This is the first time that he broke a rule. I appreciate that he apologized to you. I guess he’s not that bad of a person.”



Hiroyuki arrives in the classroom. As usual, everyone greets and talks to him. Hiroyuki sit at his desk and stare at Eiko. Eiko notice him staring at her. She stares at him back and sticks her tongue at him. Hiroyuki let out a chuckle. A female classmate asked, “Is there something funny?” Hiroyuki shaked his head and said, “No. I just witness something cute.”


© 2020 Nariko


Author's Note

Nariko
ignore grammar problems, please tell me what you think of it? I hope you enjoy chapter 3 and thank you for waiting patiently for each chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
Added on February 23, 2018
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: romance, anime-like story, gamers, comedy, highschool students, family, friends, conflict, some cursing words, anime

Author

Nariko
Nariko

New york, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I like to watch anime,and read manga.I want to try posting some anime stories online.I wrote some stories myself but I don't let people read my stories because I think it's horrible.I would like to kn.. more..

Writing