Completed Chapter 8: "A friendly gesture"

Completed Chapter 8: "A friendly gesture"

A Story by Nariko
"

Chapter 8 of Completed

"

The weekend ended and it was a start of a new week. Eiko and Rie went to school together and sat in their seats. They talked for a bit and Hiroyuki comes in the classroom. He takes notice of Eiko. Eiko notices him staring. They stared at one another for a moment. A bunch of female classmates approached him and they were asking about his weekend. The bell rang and everyone in the class sits in their seats. The homeroom teacher arrives and checks attendance.The homeroom teacher starts to write something on the board.


He writes cultural festival on the board. He said, “This friday will be our cultural festival. I want everyone in the class to come up with some ideas. We will write some ideas down on the board and choose one based on which idea gets the most votes. Does anyone have any ideas?” A guy raises his hand. The homeroom teacher calls on him. He exclaimed, “We should make a cat maid cafe! All the girls should be the waitresses!” The girls in the class frown at the idea and argued, “You’re so gross! You just want to see us wear the maid uniforms!” The guys argue back, “So? It’s every guy’s dream to see girls in maid outfits!” The girls yelled, “We reject that dirty idea!”


The homeroom teacher raises his voice and said, “Alright class! Settle down. For now, I will write cat maid cafe. Any other suggestions?” Some classmates suggested a haunted house, a play, and a food stand. The teacher asked one more time, “Any more suggestions?” Hiroyuki raises his hand. The teacher calls on him. He said, “How about we make a mini game carnival? We can make simple games like ring toss or popping balloons. The fee is a dollar for each game. If they win, they can pick a variety of prizes out of a mystery basket.”


The homeroom teacher was impressed and said, “That’s an excellent idea!” Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. The teacher asked for everyone to vote for which idea was the best and Hiroyuki’s idea was picked. Everyone was praising him for the idea. The teacher said, “It has been decided that our class will do a mini game carnival! Everyone can start working on it now. We got a small budget from the school. Use the budget wisely. Decide what you will do. If you need anything, I will be in the teacher’s lounge.”


Everyone in the class decided to make Hiroyuki in charge. They asked him about what to do? Hiroyuki agreed to be in charge and put everyone in groups of 5. Each group has to make one game. Eiko watched how Hiroyuki acted like a leader. Eiko was in a group with Rie, and two other girls. They had to make a bean bag toss game. They came up with how to set it up and Eiko and Rie went to buy supplies. They came back and worked on setting up the game for the entire day. The classroom was hectic and a lot of people moving around. Eiko looked up for a moment and saw how hard Hiroyuki was working. A lot of classmates were asking for his opinion.  


It became late afternoon and the end of the school day. Hiroyuki thanked everyone for their hard work and helped them put their supplies in the storeroom. Eiko was packing up to go home. Rie approached her and said, “Sorry Eiko, but I am going to have to go ahead! I have to take my grandma to the doctor for her checkup!” Eiko nodded and said, “It’s fine. Don’t worry about it! Go ahead.” She thanked Eiko and ran out of the classroom. Eiko got her bag and looked out the window. She saw Hiroyuki helping a girl carry supplies.


She went downstairs to the first floor and bought some juice. She came back upstairs and put the juice in his desk. She left a written note on the juice. Eiko leaves the classroom and walks out of the school. Hiroyuki sees Eiko walking out of the school. He heads back to the classroom. He went to pick up his bag and notices a piece of paper hanging out of his desk. He said, “What’s this?” He takes out the note that’s attached to the juice. It said, “You worked hard today. Here’s some juice to give you a bit of energy. From Eiko.” He instantly beamed and puts the note in his pocket. He starts to drink the juice.


Eiko is home and turns on her computer. She starts up her game and gets a message from Hajime. She checks it and it says, “Good afternoon. How are you today?” She replies, “I am a bit tired.” He asks, “Oh? Did something happen at school?” She said, “Nah, We just have a cultural festival coming up. It’s a lot of work to prepare for it.” He said, “Wow, what a coincidence! Same here.” She said, “Haha that’s strange. There’s a special event going on in Conqueror! Shall we both join?” Hajime said, “Sure, let’s go!”

© 2020 Nariko


Author's Note

Nariko
ignore grammar problems, please tell me what you think of it? I hope you enjoy chapter 8 and thank you for waiting patiently for each chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
Added on April 29, 2018
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: romance, anime-like story, gamers, comedy, highschool students, family, friends, conflict, some cursing words, anime

Author

Nariko
Nariko

New york, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I like to watch anime,and read manga.I want to try posting some anime stories online.I wrote some stories myself but I don't let people read my stories because I think it's horrible.I would like to kn.. more..

Writing