Completed Chapter 16: "Recognition"

Completed Chapter 16: "Recognition"

A Story by Nariko
"

Chapter 16 of Completed

"

In homeroom, Eiko, Rie, and Itsuki are talking to one another. Rie and Itsuki’s chairs are near Eiko’s desk. Hiroyuki walks in the classroom. Everyone looks up and surrounds him. They are all eager to talk to him. Hiroyuki stick out his right hand. All the classmates quickly became quiet. He said sternly, “I want to hang out with Eiko’s group from now on. I don’t intend on cutting you guys out. I will still talk to you guys but not as often as before. Try to understand how I feel.”


Everyone walks back to their desks in silence. Eiko, Rie and Itsuki watched quietly. Hiroyuki walks over to Eiko’s desk and look at them. He said, “Can I please join your group?” Rie smiled and said, “Of course, you can join!” Itsuki nodded and said, “I don’t have any reason to refuse.” Hiroyuki turns to look at Eiko. Eiko said, “The majority already agreed to let you in. I can’t say no to that.” His lips started to form a little smile and he said happily, “Thank you all so much!” The homeroom teacher went in to start class.


After a couple of classes later, it was lunchtime. Hiroyuki put his books away and stood up from his desk. He turned around to see Eiko wasn’t in the classroom. Itsuki laid his hand on Hiroyuki’s left shoulder and said, “The girls are saving our seats in the cafeteria. Let’s head out.” He nodded and they walked together to the cafeteria. While walking, Itsuki asked, “Did you and Eiko somehow made up?” Hiroyuki answered, “I think we did. He was a bit confused by Hiroyuki’s answer. He asked, “What do you mean you think? If you ask me, it sure looks like it.”


Hiroyuki said calmly, “It’s hard to figure out what’s Eiko thinking and feeling. She always keep things inside and acts emotionally impulsive. I hope she can be honest with me and be comfortable enough to tell me about her true thoughts and feelings.” Itsuki pats his back and said, “If you ever need help, I am here for you. Just take your time and don’t rush things. If you want to be closer to Eiko, you gotta be patient and get to know her more. It’s just the beginning. Try not worry much about it.”


He looked at Itsuki and said in a relieved voice, “Yeah, you’re right. Things will be okay and I shouldn’t rush.” Itsuki said, “Let me treat you to lunch as our token for being friends now.” Hiroyuki smiled and laughed. He said, “Since when you were a nice guy? It’s hard to believe that you were a jerk to me before.”


Itsuki put him into a headlock and said causally, “I am always a nice guy! And I did you a favor. If I didn’t acted like a jerk, you would still be a dumbass figuring out how to talk Eiko. If anything, you should treat me to lunch!” He nudges Hiroyuki’s head with his knuckles. Hiroyuki tries to get Itsuki off him but wasn’t strong enough. He says loudly, “Fineeeee, I give up!!!!! I will treat you to lunch!” Itsuki releases him and jumps in joy. He exclaims, “I am getting free lunch today!!!” Hiroyuki pats himself and fixes his clothes. He said a bit annoyed, “That guy is very sly.”


Hiroyuki and Itsuki went to the cafeteria. They got their food and looked for Eiko’s table. They spotted Eiko and Rie. They sat down. Itsuki becomes all cheery and smiley. Rie asked him, “You seem very happy today. What’s making you so happy?” He answers in a cheery voice, “Well my good friend Hiroyuki here decided to treat me to lunch today as a token of our long lasting friendship.” Rie smiled and said excited, “Wow really?!! You two are becoming closer than I thought!” Eiko said, “Nahhh, Itsuki probably tricked him or something.” Itsuki laughed and said, “I can never get one over you, Eiko.” Eiko said, “Yeah but I am surprised that you two are friendly with one another.”


Rie nodded and a sudden idea popped in her head. She said happily, “Well I got a plan for us to all be closer to one another! After school, let’s all go the arcade! What do you all think?” Eiko raised her right hand, and said loudly, “I vote a definite yes!” Itsuki and Hiroyuki both agreed.


After school, they head to the arcade. They decided to play air hockey. Itsuki and Rie were one team. Hiroyuki and Eiko were the second team. Hiroyuki and Eiko were very competitive and instantly smashed the puck into the goal. Itsuki and Rie got overwhelmed by their strength and speed. After just a few mins of playing, Hiroyuki and Eiko yelled together, “Heck yeah! We beat their asses!” They give each other a high five.


Itsuki looked at Rie and said, “Those two are really intense in gaming. Wanna go off on our own? And leave these two doing their own thing?” Rie laughed and said, “ Yeah, they are always like that. Let's sneak away from them!”


Eiko looked around to see Rie and Itsuki playing a claw machine game. Eiko and Hiroyuki walked over to them. Itsuki asked Rie, “Is there any plushies you want?” Rie said, “Not really. You can get whatever plush you want.” He looked at all the plushies in the claw machine. He said, “How about I get a plush that represents you?” She said, “Sure! But in return, I will get a plush that represents you too. Deal?” He smiled and said, “Deal!” He moves the claw machine to the left. The claw machine reaches to grab a turtle plush. The turtle was squished against the glass of the claw machine. He grabs it in his first try and gives it to Rie. Hiroyuki and Eiko clap and said, “Not bad!”


He hands the turtle to Rie. Rie looks at the turtle and then looks up at him. She said a bit disappointed, “The turtle is cute but why a turtle? Is it because I am slow?” He shakes his head and said in a tender voice, “Because outside of your shell, you have a strong personality. And inside that shell, you're kind-hearted, understanding, and patient.” Rie starts to blush a little and said, “Wow, no one has ever said that to me before. That was very thoughtful, Itsuki. I will keep this turtle in my room.” She hugs the turtle tight. He continues to stare at her smiling. He grins back and said playfully, “Well it's your turn to get me something~”


Rie said, “ I know! I got the perfect plush in mind. Cause you're so tricky!” Rie gives the turtle for Itsuki to hold. She attempts to get the orange fox that's located at the farthest right corner of the machine. In her first attempt, the claw lost its grip. She tried many times and became frustrated. Eiko asked, “Do you need help?” Rie said annoyed, “I don't need help!!! I got this!” She attempts again and she finally gets it. She gives the fox to Itsuki. She said,” For you, you sneaky fox!” Itsuki took the fox and gave her the turtle. He had the biggest smile and said happily, “Thanks! I will treasure it.”


Eiko and Hiroyuki were happy for the two. Hiroyuki stared at Eiko and asked, “Do you want me to get a plush for you?” Eiko looked at him with a blank face and said,”If I get it easily by myself, why would I want it?” He gave a fake laugh and said quietly, “Yeah , you're right.” Eiko said, “If you want to get me a gift, you can get me that special item in conquer. How about we play tonight?” He instantly perked up from hearing her words and nodded.

© 2020 Nariko


Author's Note

Nariko
ignore grammar problems, please tell me what you think of it? I hope you enjoy chapter 16 and thank you for waiting patiently for each chapter! I created a discord group that I can give you updates when a new chapter comes out. Here's the link to my group: https://discord.gg/vyQrfME

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
Added on October 29, 2018
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: romance, anime-like story, gamers, comedy, highschool students, family, friends, conflict, some cursing words, anime

Author

Nariko
Nariko

New york, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I like to watch anime,and read manga.I want to try posting some anime stories online.I wrote some stories myself but I don't let people read my stories because I think it's horrible.I would like to kn.. more..

Writing