Completed Chapter 18 part 1: "Peculiar"

Completed Chapter 18 part 1: "Peculiar"

A Story by Nariko
"

Chapter 18 part 1 of Completed

"

It was time for midterms. Eiko, Rie, Itsuki and Hiroyuki all finished their midterm. Rie laid her head on her desk and said, “Ughhhh, finally done with midterms. My head hurts from all the information I had to process. I hope I did well.” Itsuki said, “Yeah I just know we did well. They will giving us our midterm results around last period. And then after today, we got winter break!!!!!” Rie jumped in joy and said happily, “That's right! I wonder what we should all do for Christmas!” Eiko said, “We will plan for when the time comes.”


The teacher comes in the classroom and gives the students their midterm grades. He puts the grades on the student's desks. The paper had the blank side up. Rie nervously lifts the paper and she got all 90s. She threw her arms in the air and shouted, “I did it!!!” Everyone looked at her. She got a bit embarrassed and hide her face behind her paper. Itsuki laughed and said, “I knew you did great!” Rie asked, “What did you two get?” Itsuki showed his. He got a range from 88-93. He said, “I did much better than I thought. Hiroyuki is such a good teacher.” Rie nodded and looked at Eiko. She showed her grade. Eiko got all 98s. Rie said, “Wow. You always get high grades.” Eiko said, “Nah, I just do my best.” Itsuki said, “I really didn't expect Eiko to get such high scores. I know you were smart but not this smart.”


Eiko chuckled and said, “Just look at Hiroyuki's scores. His grades are on another level” Hiroyuki walks up to them and ask everyone to show their grades. He said, “I am impressed.” Itsuki said, “What did you get?” He gave the paper to him. Itsuki opened and his mouth dropped. He said, “You got a 110 for all your midterms! You even got that hard extra credit question correct!” Eiko said, “It's not much of a surprise. He is the top student of the school every year.” Rie said, “Yeah and he taught us well. Also did you got our reward for getting over an 80 for all subjects?”


Hiroyuki said, “Yes I did. I knew you all would do good.” He hands out three free tickets to this expensive, well known amusement park. The ticket also included free coupons for the food. Itsuki and Rie jumped in joy. Itsuki said in a curious tone, “How did you get free tickets? Isn't it super exclusive?” Hiroyuki said causally, “My dad is the head of that amusement park. It's not hard to get free tickets and food.”


They all became surprised and yelled, “Ehhhhhh!!!” Eiko said in a loud voice, “ I didn't knew your family was rich!” Rie said cheerfully, “Same here! Tell your dad that we are thankful for the free stuff!” Itsuki said, “You got a nice dad! When are we going?” He replied, “How about this weekend? It would be a nice start for our break.” They all agreed to meet up on Saturday morning.


Eiko's alarm went off at 10 am. She got up and opened the curtains. It started to snow. Eiko went to brush her teeth and got dressed. She got a message on her phone. She checks and it was from Rie. Rie is meeting her at the station. Eiko got dressed and walked quietly out. Everyone in her family was still sleeping. As she was about to head out, Shinji and Fumiko came downstairs. They rubbed their eyes and asked where she was going. She said, “I am going to the amusement park with some friends.” They were half asleep. Fumiko said sleepy, “Is it Hiroyuki and Rie?” She nodded and told them to go back to bed. They went back upstairs.


Eiko walked to the station and met up with Rie. Rie said, “ Since they live close to one another, Itsuki and Hiroyuki are going to wait for us at the amusement park.” Eiko nodded and said, “Let's see how we will get there.” She took out google maps and typed in the address. Rie looked at her screen and said, “Ohh, we are lucky. We only need to take one train and the park is near the station.” She nods her head. They wait for the train. The train arrives in a few mins. It took about 30 mins to reach their stop. They got off the train and looked at google maps. The amusement park was right across the station. They walked and saw Hiroyuki and Itsuki waiting in front of the entrance. A couple of girls were talking to them.


By the time, Eiko and Rie walked there. The girls left. Rie said, “What was that all about?” Itsuki said, “Those girls wanted us to join them for a double date.” Rie started to feel a bit jealous. She became a bit pouty and averted her gaze from Itsuki. Itsuki noticed it and said, “But we refused them. I rather hang out with Rie than those girls.” Rie’s pouty lips formed back to normal. She looks back at Itsuki in relief. He smiles at her.


Eiko said, “Let’s go start our fun!” They head to the entrance of the park and got their tickets scanned. The employee wished them a good day and handed them a map. Hiroyuki opened the map and asked everyone, “What should we do first? Are you guys hungry?” Rie and Eiko both raised their hand and said together, “We skipped breakfast to enjoy the free food at the amusement park!” Hiroyuki said, “Alright. What are you two craving?” Eiko yelled, “Everything!!!!!!” They walk towards some nearby food stalls. Their hands were full of food. Itsuki and Hiroyuki were having a hard time keeping up with the girls. They bounced from one food stand to the next.


Itsuki was a bit out of breath and said, “I can't believe those two can eat that much!” Eiko and Rie pointed at a cotton candy stand. Eiko said happily, “Let's try that one next!” Hiroyuki said, “That's enough food for now. When you go on rides, you don't want to be too full. You can always eat more later.” Eiko and Rie stopped walking. They both said, “Okayyyyy. We will just eat more later.” Eiko said, “Before we go on rides, I will use the restroom. Where is it?” Hiroyuki said, “It's straight ahead past the cotton candy stand.” Eiko nodded and walked to the restroom.


She came out of the stall and washed her hands. She began to hear a pair of heels walking towards her. A girl with black straight hair and a porcelain face stood about a sink away from her. She wore a red lace dress with sleeves. The girl took out a makeup bag and was reapplying more gloss on her lips. Eiko walked past her and got some paper towels to dry her hands. She walks out of the bathroom. As she was walking out, she heard a crowd of people making a racket outside of the bathroom. They were admiring her beauty. As the girl walked out, the crowd instantly made space for her to walk. Everyone was in awe except Eiko. Eiko walked back to her group and sprouted quietly, “Why are they making a big deal out of her? Looks aren't everything.”


She met back with Rie and the others. Rie said, “That took you awhile. What happened?” Eiko said, “Just a long line.” Rie said, “Oh alright. What should we do next?” Hiroyuki looks at the map. He said, “First, we can do bumper cars. Second, we can do the haunted house. Third, we can do the teacup rides. Then, we can do a roller coaster. Lastly, we end our day with a ferris wheel.” The three of them were impressed with Hiroyuki’s plan. They all clapped. Itsuki said, “Wow. You had all this planned out already.” He said, “Well I thought it would be better if we just went on the best rides for today. We won’t be able to cover the whole amusement park in a day. It’s convenient.” Eiko thought to herself, “Wow, I never thought he was was that considerate.” She smiled. Rie saw Eiko’s face and said happily, “Well, what are we waiting for?!! Let’s go!”

© 2020 Nariko


Author's Note

Nariko
ignore grammar problems, please tell me what you think of it? I hope you enjoy chapter 18 part 1 and thank you for waiting patiently for each chapter! I created a discord group that I can give you updates when a new chapter comes out. Here's the link to my group: https://discord.gg/vyQrfME

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
Added on December 24, 2018
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: romance, anime-like story, gamers, comedy, highschool students, family, friends, conflict, some cursing words, anime

Author

Nariko
Nariko

New york, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I like to watch anime,and read manga.I want to try posting some anime stories online.I wrote some stories myself but I don't let people read my stories because I think it's horrible.I would like to kn.. more..

Writing