Completed Chapter 20:"The Bros"

Completed Chapter 20:"The Bros"

A Story by Nariko
"

Chapter 20 of Completed

"

Eiko held him till he felt better. She slowly let go of her arms. Hiroyuki looked up into her eyes. She smiled and asked, “Are you feeling a bit better?” His lips formed a small smile and nodded. He stood up from the bench and asked everyone, “Do you all still want to go to the ferris wheel?” They all shake their heads. Itsuki said, “It’s been a long day. I think we should all head home now and relax.” Rie agreed with Itsuki. Eiko said, “We can always go to the ferris wheel another time.”


Hiroyuki sigh and said, “You’re right. We should head home now.” They started to walk to the exit of the park. After they left the park, they separated their ways home. Itsuki and Hiroyuki walked the opposite direction of Rie and Eiko. While the girls were walking to the station, Eiko said in a concerned tone, “I hope he is okay.” Rie replied, “Yeah, it sucked that he had to go through that.”

They got on the train and arrived home. The whole entire train ride, Eiko stare at her reflection of the train’s window. It was a silent ride. Rie and Eiko exchanged their goodbyes and headed to their houses.


Itsuki and Hiroyuki were walking back home. Itsuki put his hands in his pocket and felt a bit hesitant to say something. He blurted out, “How are you feeling now?” Hiroyuki looked down at the ground and let out a big sigh. He said in a tired tone, “I’m exhausted but feeling okay. Just a lot happened today.” Itsuki nodded. Then he said in a soft tone, “Despite what happened earlier, I feel light inside and a bit happy.” Itsuki smiled and pat his back. He said happily, “Well know that, I will always be here for you.” Hiroyuki said, “I know you will.” Itsuki said to himself, “I am glad Eiko made him feel better.”

Hiroyuki and Itsuki went their own ways home. Hiroyuki pushed the gate and starts walking on a pathway that leads to the entrance of the house. His house was a three story mansion. It had shrubs and bushes growing around the house. There was a fountain in front of the house. He walked up to the door and pulled a card key. He put the card key on the black square key scanner. It beeped and unlocked the door.

He turns the knob and walks in the house. He hears a lot of laughing in the other room. Hiroyuki takes off his shoes and starts walking past the living room. He sees his older brother sitting on the couch with an unfamiliar man. His brother waves and said in a enthusiastic tone, “Did you had fun with your girlfriend in the amusement park?”

Hiroyuki said, “It wasn't a date. I was with my friends.” His brother became curious by his answer and asked, “Which friends did you went with?” He said, “I am not going to tell you.” His brother said in an exaggerated tone, “Awww, come on! Tell your brother! Don't make me guess!”


Hiroyuki shaked his head and was about to walk away. His brother said casually, “I am guessing that one of these friends, is someone you are interested in.” After hearing those words, he stopped walking. He turns around and said, “Since you are so curious about who my friends are, then introduce me to your new friend. I never seen him before.”


His older brother becomes surprised and said, “Ah! I almost forgot to introduce you two. This guy is my college friend and his name is Kenshin. And Kenshin, this is my little brother Hiroyuki!” Kenshin said, “About time, Hiroshi! I thought you two would just keep going on and on.” He laughs and said, “Kinda reminds me when I argue with my sister! She can be short-tempered at times but is reliable.”


After what Kenshin said about his sister, Hiroyuki was reminded of Eiko for a moment. He starts to grin. Kenshin noticed him grinning to himself and asked, “Why are you grinning to yourself?” He said, “The description you gave about your sister sounded a bit familiar to someone I know.” Hiroshi starts to have a huge smile on his face.


He stands up and walks over to his brother. He uses his knuckles to nudge his head. He said happily, “Aww, is my little bro is love? Who's the lucky girl?” Hiroyuki pushes his brother and said loudly, “I am not going to tell you! And get off me!” He runs off away from his brother. Kenshin said, “I never expected you to be doting to your younger brother.” Hiroshi smiled and said, “It's just so fun to pick on him.”


Kenshin laughed and said, “I know what you mean. It's so fun to pick on the younger siblings.” He looks at the time. The time reads 6:30 pm. He said, “Looks like it's time for me to leave.” Hiroshi said, “Today sure was fun. I enjoyed catching up with you!” Kenshin nodded and got ready to leave. Hiroshi sees him out the door and waves goodbye. Kenshin takes the train and got back home. He gets back home and is greeted by Eiko.


Eiko asked, “Were you hanging out with your friends today?” He answered, “Yeah, catching up with an old friend.” The twins run towards Kenshin and Kenshin fell down on the ground. The twins said, “Welcome back big brother!” He smiles and pats their heads. He said, “Big bro back in the house!”


Hiroshi walked upstairs to Hiroyuki's room and knocked the door. Hiroshi said, “My friend just left. Do you want me to order something to eat?” Hiroyuki opens the door and said, “Not really in the mood to eat but do you have time to talk?” Hiroshi said, “I do. Is something wrong?” Hiroyuki sits on his bed. Hiroshi leans his back on the door.


Hiroyuki said, “Today in the amusement park, I encountered Kura.” Hiroshi sighed and asked, “What did she say?” He said in a sad tone, “She said that I can't escape her forever and I will see her again.” His brother scratches his head and tries to figure out what to say. He said, “She is right that you can’t avoid her forever. There will be a time for you to face her again. But for now, think carefully how you want to deal with this. Don’t take her words too seriously. If you see her again, try to be calm and not let get into your head.”


He pats Hiroyuki’s shoulder and walks out of the room. Hiroyuki lays on his bed and stares at the ceiling. He said to himself, “I just want to forget about today. I feel tired.” His eyelids start to close slowly and he falls asleep.

© 2020 Nariko


Author's Note

Nariko
ignore grammar problems, please tell me what you think of it? I hope you enjoy chapter 20 and thank you for waiting patiently for each chapter! I created a discord group that I can give you updates when a new chapter comes out. Here's the link to my group: https://discord.gg/vyQrfME

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great storie i enjoyed reading it . you did a wonderful job keep up the good work . never stop writing

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nariko

5 Years Ago

awww thank you very much :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 30, 2019
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: romance, anime-like story, gamers, comedy, highschool students, family, friends, conflict, some cursing words, anime

Author

Nariko
Nariko

New york, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I like to watch anime,and read manga.I want to try posting some anime stories online.I wrote some stories myself but I don't let people read my stories because I think it's horrible.I would like to kn.. more..

Writing