Completed Chapter 24:"A new side"

Completed Chapter 24:"A new side"

A Story by Nariko
"

Chapter 24 of Completed

"

Eiko didn’t came back to the classroom till the end of class. Rie, Itsuki and Hiroyuki were waiting for her in the classroom. Eiko walked to get her bag. Rie asked, “How things with the teacher went?” Eiko said, “The gym teacher just made me clean the girls’ bathroom. And she told me to not do it again. I was let off with a warning.” Rie sigh in relief and said, “I am so glad to hear that.” Itsuki said, “Well, we waited here long enough. Let’s get out of here.” 



Eiko nodded and they left the school. They walked to the train station. Hiroyuki didn’t say a word to Eiko. They were about to walk their separate ways. Hiroyuki asked, “Is it okay if Eiko and I talked for a bit?” Rie and Itsuki nodded. Itsuki said, “I will take this chance to walk Rie home.” Rie said, “We will just go home first.” They left for the train station. 



Eiko and Hiroyuki sat at the bench of the train station. She asked, “What did you want to talk about?” He said, “I heard what happened with you and the girls.” She said, “What about it?” He said, “If the hairclip is broken, I can always buy you another one.” Eiko made a fist and shouted, “I don’t want you to buy me another one!” Hiroyuki was startled by her reaction. Her voice started to get lower. She said in a tender tone, “I don’t want any other hairclip than the one you first got me.” His lips form a gentle smile and he said softly, “How about we fix the hairclip together? Would that help?” 



She stared at his warm eyes and replied, “I would like that.” Hiroyuki stood up from the bench and said, “How about we go to my house? I think I have some materials that could help fix the hairclip.” She nodded and they walked together to his house. Eiko exclaimed, “I knew your family were rich but this is one big mansion! Bigger than I imagined!” He laughed and said, “Is it really that big?” She said, “Well yeah. This is the biggest house I ever saw!”


He smiled and liked watching her reactions. He took out a card key and unlocked the door. Eiko kept staring all over the entrance of the house. Hiroyuki said, “Take off your shoes and put those slippers on.” She took off her shoes and wore slippers. She smiled and said, “I like how soft these slippers feel.” He said, “I am glad.” 


He started to walk quickly to look around. Eiko asked, “What are you doing?” He said, “Making sure an annoying person isn’t going to show up out of nowhere.” She nods. She follows him to his room. He escorts her to the couch. She sees his dog sleeping on the couch. Hiroyuki tries to move his dog from the couch. His dog was woken up from Hiroyuki trying to move him. He walks off the couch and walks out of the room. Eiko said, “You didn’t need to wake him up for that. I could have just sat on the floor.”



Hiroyuki shook his head and said, “I would much prefer if you sat on the couch.” He asked, “Can I see the

hairclip?” Eiko takes the hairclip out from her bag and hands it. Hiroyuki inspects it and said, “The damage fortunately isn’t too bad. I can try to glue to crack pieces together and paint over them. Let me get the paint and glue from the storage room.” She nodded. He puts the hairclip on the table. After Hiroyuki left the room, she was looking around his room. She said to herself, “This is the first time in a guy’s room that isn’t my brothers. Hiroyuki’s room is pretty cool.” She was staring at his posters and figures. 



She looked at the hairclip on the table and thought about the girl stomping on the hairclip. Eiko picked up the hairclip and touch the cracks. She said in her head, “That’s the first time in a long time that I got that angry. Why did I get so angry? I mean this hairclip was the first gift from Hiroyuki. That’s probably why.” Hiroyuki came back with the supplies. 



He took out the glue and said, “Do you want to glue the pieces back? And I paint them?” Eiko said, “Sure.” Hiroyuki handed her the glue and she glue the cracks. She gives him the hairclip. Hiroyuki said, “We need to wait a few mins for the glue to dry. I can’t paint over wet glue.” Eiko put the hairclip down on the table. He said, “While we wait for the glue to dry, let me try to find the right color for the paint.” He start to compare the color of the azalea hairclip to the bottles of paint. 



He squirted a few colors and started to experiment which ones match the best. She saw how focused he was. It was the first time she has seen this side of him. She said in her head, “Who would have thought that someone like him could be this focused on something like that?” He shouted, “Yes! I found a color combination that matched it!” He smiled at her and she couldn’t help but smile back. Her heart started to feel light. 



He looked at the hairclip and said, “Perfect! It’s dry.” He started to paint the glued parts. Eiko kept staring at him painting. He said happily, “I am done! Now we need to wait for the paint to dry.” Her stomach started to growl. She got a bit embarrassed. He laughed a bit and said, “I kept you in my house for a while. Let me grab some food for you. I got some cake in the fridge.” Hiroyuki went downstairs to the kitchen to grab cake and some drinks. He brought it back to his room and set it on the table. Eiko said, “You seem to have some experience painting things” He sat down on the couch and said, “Well I have this hobby of buying broken figures and fixing them.” 



Eiko’s eyes shined and said enthusiastically, “That’s the coolest thing ever! Why did you decide to do that?” He said, “Cause nobody wants to buy broken figures. I want to fix them and give them a new home. I can relate to how the broken figures feel. At first, everyone wants you because you seem appealing. But overtime, once you start to show any blemishes. Nobody wants you anymore. All the figures I own were previously broken figures. They might just seem like regular figures to everyone else but to me, these figures are part of me.” 


Eiko was touched by what he said and stare vividly in his eyes. She said strongly, “No matter what blemishes you have, I will always be your friend!” Hiroyuki’s expression started to lighten and said, “Thank you.” Eiko’s heart felt light again. She said in her head, “It’s this feeling again from earlier. Why does my heart feel weird today?” Hiroyuki said, “We should eat our cake and I will walk you home. I don’t want you to get back home late.” 


Eiko repiled, “Yeah, you’re right.” They ate some cake. He checked to see if the hairclip was dry. He gave her back the hairclip. She put it back in her bag. He asked, “Aren’t you going to wear it?” She said, “I will wear it some other time. I can’t afford to break it again.” He said, “Alright. Let’s get you back home.” She put the hairclip back in her bag and they walked out of his house.


They walked to the train station. Eiko said, “You don’t need to walk me all the way. I can get back just fine.” He asked, “You sure?” She nodded. He said, “Alright if you say so. Message me when you get home.” She said, “Alright! I will see you at school next monday. Have a nice weekend!” She waved goodbye. He waved back and watched her get on the train. He kept watching until the train was out of sight. After he couldn’t see the train anymore, he walked back home. 

© 2020 Nariko


Author's Note

Nariko
ignore grammar problems, please tell me what you think of it? I hope you enjoy chapter 24 and thank you for waiting patiently for each chapter! I created a discord group that I can give you updates when a new chapter comes out. Here's the link to my group: https://discord.gg/vyQrfME

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on July 27, 2019
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: romance, anime-like story, gamers, comedy, highschool students, family, friends, conflict, some cursing words, anime

Author

Nariko
Nariko

New york, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I like to watch anime,and read manga.I want to try posting some anime stories online.I wrote some stories myself but I don't let people read my stories because I think it's horrible.I would like to kn.. more..

Writing