Completed Chapter 26 part 2:"Future dreams"

Completed Chapter 26 part 2:"Future dreams"

A Story by Nariko
"

Chapter 26 part 2 of Completed

"

Eiko’s parents walked to the back of the classroom. Rie’s parents were complimenting them. Everyone stopped clapping and it was Itsuki’s turn next. Itsuki stood up from his desk and got to the front of the class. He looked at the back of the classroom and saw his dad waving back. Itsuki smiled at his dad and looked at his entire class. 


He said, “Good morning everyone! Today, I am going to talk about my future career. I want to become a graphic designer. A graphic designer’s job is to design web pages, brochures, logos, and advertisements. I have been doing a lot of freelance work in my free time. I can show you a few examples of the projects I worked on. I also got inspired from my dad. My dad is a marketing manager. As a little kid, I would often look at my dad’s laptop and enjoy seeing him point out the pros and cons of the brands’ designs.” Itsuki showed some examples of his projects on the powerpoint and demonstrated on how to get started on web design. Itsuki gestured his dad to come up. 


Everyone clapped and Itsuki sat down in his seat. His dad said, “Hello everyone! My name is Akio. I’m a marketing manager. My job is to oversee the marketing operations of a corporation or brand, leading marketing campaigns and making sure that the employer or clients’ marketing stays on brand. My son needs a lot of improvement in his web design but he got potential. I admit I let my son participated in a few of my projects. He gives me good input on how young high schoolers think and what attracts them. If you have any questions, I can answer after class.” The entire class clapped and his dad walked to the back. 


Rie stood up from her desk and waved at her parents. She stood at the front of the room and inhaled. She was a bit nervous at first but calmed down. She said in a loud voice, “Good morning everyone! In the future, I want to be a nurse. To be honest, I wasn’t sure what to be in the future. But after some thought, I thought being a nurse will suit me the best. I enjoy taking care of others. My dad is a botanist and my mom is his assistant. I do like science and plants. But I want to focus more on people’s health. I will inform you about the different positions of nurses.” 


After she was done with the presentation, Rie’s parents came to the front. Rie’s dad said, “My name is Tarou. I’m a botanist. A botanist is a scientist who studies plants. I study plant diseases and ways to improve our crops.” Rie’s mom said, “My name is Chie. I assist my husband in his studies. I am responsible for maintaining the plants and writing down any changes. If you are interested in botany, we can answer any questions after class.” Everyone clapped and they went to the back of the classroom. Eiko’s parents gave them a thumbs up.


The teacher called Hiroyuki to get in front of the class. Hiroyuki stood up and walked to the front. Eiko’s dad stared intently at him. He said to himself, “So that’s Hiroyuki? He looks okay. Eiko’s mom giggled and said, “He sure is a handsome boy” Hiroyuki could feel their stares and felt a bit nervous. He took a deep breath and said, “Good afternoon everyone! Today, I am going to discuss about how videogames are made. It relates to my future career of becoming a game designer. A game designer, designs characters, levels, puzzles, areas and animation. My dad is the CEO of âme and my mom is the CEO of esthétique boutique. My dad will be coming later to explain.” 


Hiroyuki was using powerpoint presentations to talk about the production of video games. In the middle of his presentation, his dad came in the classroom. He notices Eiko’s dad and smiles at him. They shake hands and he stands next to Eiko’s dad. After Hiroyuki was done with his presentation, he gestured his dad to come up. 


His dad walks up to the front of the classroom and said in a confident tone, “Good afternoon! My name is Noam. I am the CEO of âme and my wife Manami is the CEO esthétique boutique. I manage multiple companies under my brand. Manami manages multiple locations of her boutique. If you have any questions or any interest to work for us, you can ask me questions after class.” Noam walks off back to the end of the classroom. The entire class was stunned by his presence and clapped. 


The presentations were over for the day. The school had a buffet party in the cafeteria. They all went to the cafeteria together. Eiko saw her dad and Noam talking with each other. She walked up to them and said, “I didn’t know you knew Hiroyuki’s dad.” Her dad said, “We collaborated a few times before. But who would have guessed Noam was Hiroyuki’s dad. What a small world!” Hiroyuki walked over and put his hand out in front of Eiko's dad. He exclaimed, “I am such a big fan of your work, Mr. Taiki! I always found myself replaying your songs on loop till I got tired of it. Since I was eight years old, I have always been a fan!” 


Taiki felt touched by his words and grinned. He said happily, “You’re such a loyal fan. It’s rare to see a fan who was loved my songs way before I got famous. What are your favorite songs?”


Hiroyuki shouted, “It’s hard to pick a favorite but my all time favorite was called priceless treasure.” Taiki had a big smile on his face and said, “That song was inspired by Eiko, I wrote it about her.” Hiroyuki’s eyes widened and he said, “Wow.” Eiko said, “Really, dad?” He nodded. 


Eiko’s mom came in the conversation and said cheerfully, “You must be the one who bought that cute flower clip for Eiko’s birthday!” He nodded. She exclaimed, “Is is possible that you have feelings for my daughter?” His face starts to turn a bit red and he looked down on the ground. He asked, “What makes you say that?” She smirked and said confidently, “It’s just a mother’s instinct.” Eiko cuts her mother off and became flustered. She shouted, “Mom! Stop talking nonsense!” Itsuki and Rie are having a fun time watching the whole thing. 


Noam laughed and said to Taiki, “Your family is really wonderful. I am glad that my son is friends with your daughter.” Taiki smiled and said, “I am glad too.” After the party ended, everyone went their own ways. Hiroyuki got into a car with his dad. During the ride home, Noam sees Hiroyuki staring out the window. His mind was drifting away. Noam said, “Eiko seems like a nice girl. I wish I could have seen her presentation.” Hiroyuki wasn’t completely paying attention to what his dad was saying. He just nodded. Noam asked, “Do you have feelings for Eiko?” That sentence popped all the thoughts in his head and answered, “Yes.” 



Noam sighed and said, “As much as I do support it, we still got to deal with Kura’s family.” Hiroyuki’s facial expression changed from soft to aggressive. He replied in a bold tone, “I know and I will find a way.” 


When Eiko and her parents got back home, Eiko went straight to her room. Her parents were in the living room. Taiki sat on the couch and said, “Today was really something.” Emi sat next to him and nodded. Taiki had a huge smile on his face and exclaimed, “If Eiko does dates Hiroyuki, I support it with my everything.” Emi giggled and said, “I thought you don’t want any guy to have Eiko. What makes you fine with Hiroyuki?” Taiki said in a calm tone, “Because he’s my old fan and his favorite song was based on my love for Eiko. That’s gotta be a sign for something. It can’t be a coincidence.” Emi said, “I agree with you on that.” She laid her head on his shoulder. 


© 2020 Nariko


Author's Note

Nariko
ignore grammar problems, please tell me what you think of it? I hope you enjoy chapter 26 part 2 and thank you for waiting patiently for each chapter! I created a discord group that I can give you updates when a new chapter comes out. Here's the link to my group: https://discord.gg/vyQrfME

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

106 Views
Added on October 30, 2019
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: romance, anime-like story, gamers, comedy, highschool students, family, friends, conflict, some cursing words, anime

Author

Nariko
Nariko

New york, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I like to watch anime,and read manga.I want to try posting some anime stories online.I wrote some stories myself but I don't let people read my stories because I think it's horrible.I would like to kn.. more..

Writing