Statements (Questions of a teenage heart)

Statements (Questions of a teenage heart)

A Poem by The_Soul
"

I had a lot on my mind one night and decided to arrange my thoughts in a nice little prose poem. I also thought it creative to put all my statements in the form of a question.

"
What's life without something to live for? Better yet, what are you to do when your entire world is just out of reach? Tell me, how is one to try if your efforts set you back farther than you were? How does it help to suppress ones rights to there own decisions and expect that they'll learn from it? Punish me with pain, and reward me with it to? Is it not enough to support who I am or what I do because that's what makes me happy? Do you want to see me cry? Am I supposed to sit here and let you tell me who I'm supposed to be, or whom I'm supposed to love? Am I not entitled to my own life? Is there a reason I should let you have it? Should there be a reason to change who I am? What makes you think that I'm alright with that? Do you realize the impact this puts on me? Do you realize that it's pushing me away? Do you see me falling farther and farther down, and that there isn't any way for you to pick me back up? Can you not see how much pain I'm in? Every time you open your mouth, do you think about the words you are saying? Have I really been so bad? Do you care at all? I'll leave, and when I leave, will you see that I won't be back for a long time? I can't live like this anymore and I won't stand for any of this, but does it matter to you? Any of it? Why doesn't home feel like home anymore? Can't you just leave me be?

© 2011 The_Soul


Author's Note

The_Soul
I'd like to know how many of you can relate to this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on June 13, 2011
Last Updated on June 13, 2011
Tags: Prose, poem, teenage, statements, questions, heart

Author

The_Soul
The_Soul

Writing
Hammer Hammer

A Poem by The_Soul


Distant Distant

A Poem by The_Soul